Gateway Villas and Gardens

Reviews of Gateway Villas and Gardens

Assisted Living Reviews for Gateway Villas and Gardens

August 13, 2014

By Child #6 of 7

My father was at Gateway Villa for less than one month. The Director assured us that his need for assistance with ADLs and getting to/from meals would be met. That was not the case. After the aides told me that the Villa is for independent living and the Garden is for assisted living, I asked the director if my father would be better off on the Garden building. She insisted the only difference between the buildings is ability to ambulate. Unfortunately, the staff did not know that and treated my father as an independent regardless of the fact that we paid for the highest level of assistance. I visited my father 5-7 times a week and he was becoming more and more withdrawn. EVERY time I visited, I found him in bed. Staff told me that he didnt want to get up so they left him in bed. If he said he did not want to go to the dining room, he didn’t eat. At 8PM one night after missing dinner, he was found sitting in the dining room, obviously hungry. They took him back to his room unfed. He had nutritious snacks in his personal refrigerator and they did not get them for him. When I learned of this, the building manager told me direct care staff are not allowed to get the personal food for residents. Shocking. Direct care staff are nice and competent, but they are overworked. MANY days there was ONE aid for 30 residents. They count the manager, the part time med aide, and the dietary staff to meet their required staffing ratios. One aid was so happy when she finally had 2 days off in a row over Easter weekend. She said she had worked 15 days straight. While I was already seeking new arrangements, management informed me that my father wondered outside at night. I do not believe them as he was physically incapable of opening the door they said he exited. They also told me he needed placement in a nursing home. Nursing homes are for people who have medical needs that require professional nursing intervention. My father has none and he in on no routine medication. He is often incontinent, wears depends, and is disoriented to time and place. Gateway Villa is a nice place if your loved one can live independently and/or needs minimal assistance. If you are told you have to pay for a higher level of care, I highly recommend you seek assistance elsewhere.

I am sorry about your negative experience and would be glad to discuss it with you directly. I assure you that we make every effort to meet the needs of our residents and provide the highest quality care. Gateway Gardens and Gateway Villa are licensed assisted living communities and provide care under the guidelines of the Department of Aging and Disability Services. Please feel free to contact me so that we can discuss the issues noted and the steps taken by us to insure the best quality of life for the resident.

Warm regards,

Susan White, Executive Director, Gateway Villas and Gateway Gardens

December 01, 2013

The Gateway Villas and Garden were absolutely gorgeous, but the rooms would not have worked. It was basically just one room with a small closet, and my parents' clothes would not fit. They are not allowed to have their own furniture. They wanted to keep their dog and I think the decision breaker was the fact that they could have their pet there. They didn't have the amenities we need.

August 10, 2013

By Sally12

We went and looked at Gateway and it's a very good place. The staff are very good. We liked it also because most of my father's friends are there.

November 20, 2012

By Michelle9

I have visited this facility many times over the last 3 years. I have always found the staff to be helpful, encouraging and courteous to the residents that stay within the facility. The facility is always well taken care of and seems to be very clean. The facility seems to be a very safe environment. On all visits to the facility the residents I have encountered have been positive and happy with their stay. Residents seem to always have staff members engaging them in social activities and encouraging residents to become involved in the community with in the facility. Staff at the facility appears to be very well informed about each resident and their specific daily needs. The staff members that I have encountered always seem to have deep concern for the well-being of each and every resident. Overall I feel like the residents in this facility seem happy and have their needs well cared for by the staff and caregivers of the facility.

Costs for Gateway Villas and Gardens

Services and Amenities of Gateway Villas and Gardens

• Diabetic
  • Low Salt
  • Vegetarian

• About Gateway Villas and Gardens

Gateway Villas and Gardens offers compassionate senior care in Marble Falls, TX. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Gateway Villas and Gardens shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Marble Falls, TX.

Map of Gateway Villas and Gardens