Ventura Place

Reviews of Ventura Place

Independent Living Reviews for Ventura Place

July 24, 2019

By John

I enjoy Ventura Place. Everybody's really nice and the staff is good. I think they need to have more variety for food. It seems like it's the same thing day in and day out. There's hardly ever any beef, as it's all pork, chicken, or turkey, and everybody's getting tired of the same thing.

Hi John, thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you are a resident at our community and are enjoying Ventura Place! We appreciate you giving us the chance to improve by providing us with this feedback. Our goal is to have happy residents and family members so your feedback is very important to us. Thank you

March 24, 2019

By Munliter

My sweet, elderly, widowed mother is very happy here. She loves making new friends and the staff is very nice to her. She says the food is always very good, especially the homemade bread. There is one recent hiccup though. Weekly apartment cleaning and linen change is paid for and supposed to be included. My mother’s apartment has NOT been cleaned in 3 weeks and her linens haven’t been changed in a month. Why? She did ask, and they told her they were short staffed or “ ran out of time”. This is not right, people and I’m very disappointed. HIRE MORE PEOPLE! DON’T BE CHEAP! It will hurt you in the long run. If this matter isn’t taken care of quickly, I will go higher. The place is starting to get an odor, and this is disgusting. Please take care and have pride in this place. It would be such a shame to watch it go downhill.

Hey, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are thrilled your mother is loving Ventura Place and is making new friends. Your concerns have been shared with local and regional management. While they are currently short-staffed they are working diligently to bring in additional help so services are not lapsed. In the meantime once a month each floor gets a lighter service, but is still being serviced. If you have additional concerns or would like ore details about the current plan of action please reach out to us directly.

January 13, 2018

By RR

My mother-in-law is in Ventura Place. It's very nice and the people are very helpful. They were very accommodating. We're real happy with it. The lady that owns it built it like a cruise ship. Everything's in the middle. It's just a very nice facility. They have a pool table upstairs, they have a card table, and they have dominoes. Every morning, they slide the activity list underneath the door just like on a cruise ship, you just pick it up and you can read what is going on that day. They've got quite a few activities. The food there is really good.

May 31, 2017

By eugene-f

Ventura Place's best feature is the nice dining facility which was sort of like a restaurant. I'm just not ready to be around a bunch of old folks. I was well-received there, chatted with for a period of time, and had a pretty thorough tour of the facility. The staff welcomed me pretty well. The rooms had a kitchen, a bedroom, and a living area, which was nice.

April 26, 2017

By Miacosette

Jewelry was stolen, crystal was stolen and wallet was missing out of purse. Resident had passed away and room was suppose to be secured until immediate family could arrive from of out-of-town. There was absolutely no securing of room. All of office staff and cleaning staff had keys to room and therefore access to room. Also lots and lots of roaches!

Hello Miacosette, My name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and I'd really like the chance to learn more about and discuss your experience you describe, which falls far outside the strict standards and processes we have in place. Our team can be reached by email anytime at resident.relations@holidaytouch.com, or by phone at 800-370-8331. We hope to hear from you soon, Miacosette, and wish you a wonderful rest of your day. Thank you so much, -Katie

December 27, 2016

By Craig076361

The people at Ventura Place were really nice. It's an older facility but had a wide variety of different floor plans for rooms. They didn't have many activities. There was one general common area where people gather and visit, and they had games and puzzles. The rooms weren't that new or nice since it's an older facility.

October 13, 2016

By Gena380256

Ventura Place was very clean and very nice. We were ready to move there, but we had some issues with my mother-in-law. Nevertheless, the rooms were very clean, very nice, and very accommodating, and the food was good.

August 22, 2016

By Jacquelyn142485

My mother is settled at Ventura Place in Lubbock and very happy there. The meals are wonderful. The community is very nice. The managers are very supportive and reactive to any complaints or anything you need. There are a lot of activities, but she hasn’t joined in a lot of them yet; I think the longer she is here, the more she will. The atmosphere is really homey and doesn’t feel institutional. The rooms and common areas are clean, neat, and well-lit. They have activites, an on-site beauty salon and a library. The grounds are kept up well. The staff is very friendly and very nice.

August 02, 2016

By James288058

I was very impressed with Ventura Place's dining room, the general living room areas' cleanliness, and with the facilities in general. I only saw the inside of one room, but I was very impressed with that as well. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. One day I was there and there was a program on because it was Memorial Day. They had musicians and speeches about the United States and the people who fought for this country and piano recitals. They had a library and a little chapel that's very small but there and available for ministers from different denominations to come in and have service there on the weekends. They have a shuttle bus available to the residents four and a half days a week to bring them to doctors' appointments, shopping, or places that they might like to go around the city of Lubbock.

November 09, 2015

By Ina2

I have several friends that are in Ventura Place, which is very near my home, so I am very familiar with the location. I like everything there. Everybody is nice and helpful. I have eaten several meals there, and the food is excellent. The main building has three floors and houses a lot of individual centers. They have a lot of things going on all the time. They have bus transportation for anything you want to use it for. As far as I am concerned, it is a top-notch. The only thing that is holding me back is that my son lives in Houston, and he prefers I come to Houston.

June 29, 2015

Ventura Place was very good. I really appreciated the attitude of the people who talked to me. They were friendly and helpful. I had lunch there, and it was very nice. I was impressed because it has a very positive atmosphere. It was homelike, but then it was a little bit like a hotel. It was clean and neat. I liked it.

May 15, 2015

I have been here at Ventura for about a month now, and I like the looks of it on the outside; it’s nice. We have a little balcony, and I’ve got one room; other people can get 2-bedrooms and 2-baths, but it costs a lot. There are also little cottages around it. The staff is very nice, I have one meal a day, and they have bingo and dominos for their activities.

February 20, 2015

By Telena

The management is horrible. The management is rude to residents and guest. My Mom's apartment was not cleaned in weeks, and then when we were moving her out, they went into her apartment and threw things away before we were completely moved. We still had 3weeks to complete the move. Probably $500.00 worth of fencing was gone, her perfumes, make-up, hairspray, cleaning supplies, etc. The management told me not to use the trash cans in the laundry room because they didn't want to take the trash to the dumpster.

Hi Telena, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's corporate office. I'm so very sorry to hear that your mother had a negative experience at Ventura Place. I've passed your feedback on to our Resident Relations department for review. You're welcome to call them directly as well at 1-800-370-8331.

December 22, 2014

I have friends who are there at Ventura Place, and I've been there many times. It is big, and it is a wonderful place. The people there couldn't be nicer. I don't have one thing except good stuff to say about Ventura. We ate many meals over there, and the food was great.

June 25, 2014

We used to have a friend who lived in Ventura Place. All they had was an efficiency, which would be fine but could accommodate a queen-sized bed, a chest, a bedside table, and a comfortable chair. The kitchen is a typical size, and the bathroom is a typical size. I like the ground floor, but I thought it was just too small. It was $1600 a month, and it seemed to me that it was kind of high for a small, small space. They serve meals. They don't put cloths on the tables anymore for meals, which I guess is fine. We made an appointment, went over there, and talked to the manager, his wife, and the assistant manager. His apartment was more like a 2-room hotel suite. It didn't bother me, but it got out right across to the dining room. The reason I wanted to live there is it's very close to our daughter, who's looking for a way to move down there. They have cottages. I think it fit most of my net income.

April 11, 2014

I've been to Ventura Place several times. I have two acquaintances who are living there. Everybody who has interviewed me and talked with me has been very pleasant, very nice. I can't say enough in favor of it. It would be definitely my place to choose when I'm ready to go. They have the 1-bedroom or studio and the 2-bedroom, and then they have cottages. They have card games, and they have the health room with the machines that you can work out on. They take buses for activities away from there.

Questions about Ventura Place

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Ventura Place. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Ventura Place offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Ventura Place exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Ventura Place offer to independent living residents?

If Ventura Place accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Ventura Place work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Ventura Place

Photos of Ventura Place

Services and Amenities of Ventura Place

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered, Garage, Private

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Ventura Place

Ventura Place is located in Lubbock, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Ventura Place for a visit...and stay!

Map of Ventura Place