Carillon LifeCare Community

Nursing Home Reviews for Carillon LifeCare Community

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Carillon LifeCare Community

September 13, 2012

By erok225

The carillon nursing home facility would get my recommendation to anyone, it is a very clean and well kept community. The garden and yard areas were very pretty and provided a nice change of scenery for the residents to visit, giving them a quiet place outside of their room. The staff was top notch and on almost every occasion provided a pleasant visiting experience for bot me and my family members. My grandfather also never had any complaints towards the staff. There was only one employee who rubbed us the wrong way and after a request we no longer had any dealings with him.. there are plenty of lobbies or private gathering rooms that can fit up to probably about twenty or so people at a time, the most we ever visited with was about fifteen and we we very comfortable. This facility provided a comfortable way to help my grandfather with hiss remaining time while also making life much easier on his wife and our entire family. It allowed easy visiting as well ( I went about once a week for almost a year) to keep your family or friends that are residents at the facility in your life as much as possible for their remaining time. Carillon was a great choice for our family, and was for the most part affordable. I would rate it at four stars instead of five only because the food wasn't mind blowing. Not that it was bad... just not particularly good.

July 10, 2012

By VeryPleasedLubbock

The facility was very clean and organized. The staff seemed very nice and really familiar with the needs of the residents there. The pool area was nice, the dining area was sufficient enough to handle the volume of people there. The housekeeping staff seemed to be doing their job very well because the place was spotless. I really liked the fact that they didn't make their residence participate in group activities but allowed them to do their own thing during the day. That way if my aunt wanted to spend time by herself or decide to go to the pool she would be able to do so as she pleased to a certain extent. One of the really big issues I was having with my aunt was her trying to cook and clean by herself. The fact that they offered all meals, house keeping took care of the facility and they offered the laundry service almost sold me. The leasing options they had did not fit into my budget so unfortunately I had to go another route. There's nothing negative to say about this place at all, had I had the money for her to become a residence I would have.

December 07, 2011

By lhut2012

Our Mimi was there two Christmas's ago. She was brought there because she needed constant supervision. Although her stay was not long we had the best experience with the staff through such a hard time. They were very caring and compassionate and did all that they could to ensure that her last days were good. They were genuinely concerned for her and our family and were touched when she passed. This to me showed the heart of those that work there and they demonstrated that what they do is more than just a job. I would recommend them to anyone simply from the care and attention we saw with our loved one. The facility was also clean and very well kept. It was easily accessible and accomidating. The staff was educated as well as caring. They knew what they were doing and made the process easier for us so that we could focus on what needed to be done rather than technicalities. It was not a personally great experience to remember but with what was going on it was a great place to be.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (7) See fewer reviews

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

About Carillon LifeCare Community

For more than forty years, Carillon has enjoyed a reputation as the most comprehensive retirement community in West Texas by focusing on excellence. A not-for-protit, self-owned organization, Carillon is governed by a board of directors consisting of local business leaders. The board works closely with Carillon residents to ensure the lifestyle enjoyed by all is the finest and most fulfilling possible.

Carillon is managed by Life Care Services, a respected and progressive force in the senior living industry, currently serving more than 30,000 residents in over 100 communities nationwide. Life Care Services gives Carillon residents the added assurance of ongoing stability and advances in retirement living.

Best of all, Carillon is home to some of Lubbock’s most cherished and respected citizens, many of whom helped build Lubbock into the thriving community it is today. They include administrators and teachers, farmers and ranchers, Texas Tech professors and employees, physicians and nurses, and representatives from all eras of Lubbock’s rich heritage.

Map of Carillon LifeCare Community