Colonial Village Longview, TX

Offers Independent Living

2910 N Eastman Rd, Longview, TX 75605
Colonial Village (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 26 days

Move-in by March 31st and receive $500 off your first 3 months. Applies to April, May, and June rent. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Colonial Village

Independent Living Reviews for Colonial Village

July 17, 2017

By Linda

Colonial Village was wonderful, and most people were really super nice. They assisted me, showed me the place, and pointed all the benefits that I could have, and they went out of their way.

September 30, 2016

By N.M.862250

My father was in Colonial Village 2 ½ months ago. I liked it. The food was good. I thought the rooms were larger than the other ones I had seen, and they were well kept and clean. They did have call cords in the bathroom and in the bedroom. The people had been extremely helpful and very friendly. They made him feel welcome and got him involved in as many things as he wanted to be involved in. I thought it was good all the way around.

June 18, 2016

By Jamie768236

Colonial Village is older and needs to be remodeled. The hallways are dark, and you feel like you’re in an older building or facility. They have an activities director and activities like in other facilities. We didn’t spend a lot of time there.

Thank you very much for sharing these comments, Jamie768236, we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and opinions of Colonial Village with us. We hope you were able to spend time on your tour joining us for a meal or activity? Although the building itself may not be a draw for you, we think you'll find its staff and the residents who live there are really what makes this the community you can't judge by its cover alone. Let us know if we can send an invite for you to join us for an activity, we'd love to see you again!

February 21, 2016

By Visitor120786650

Colonial Village is an older facility, but I am considering it because I will be closer to my children, and it meets all of my needs. The apartments had full kitchens with a full cooking range and refrigerator.

August 31, 2015

By Robyn5

Colonial Village has everything that my mom was needing. They provide meals and transportation, all included in the cost of the rent. The people are just incredibly helpful and welcoming. The first thing that mattered about the place was, everybody is happy and friendly. They have just done everything to help her adjust, and we couldn’t be more pleased with the facility. I have tried the food myself, and we are trying to get my mom in the dining room, so she can really meet some people. They welcome her to the dining room and ask if mom is eating well. If she wants extra, they can bring it to her room. We couldn’t ask for better, and we couldn’t be more pleased.

July 20, 2015

My mother is in Colonial Village. She had a few complaints about things getting done, but the staff are good. My sister was worried about my mother because she wouldn't answer either of her phone, and they went up and checked on her and gave us a call back. Her apartment is nice. You could use more space, but other than that, it is good. I have eaten there, and I liked what I had. She is not too fond of weekends because she said at night, it's mostly all sandwiches, and there's not enough choice for vegetables. The dining area is wonderful. It has a good view, and it's decorated nice. They have bingo, Wii bowling, card games, dominos, and bible studies. It's a little pricey though. I like that there are other people around my mother and that she does have to socialize instead of being by herself all the time. She moved in the end of April.

May 24, 2015

By Ron48

Colonial Village was very good. We enjoyed the people. The only problem that we found was that she could not get in the bedroom, kitchen, or bathroom with her scooter. The doors were not wide. She also has a walker, but it could not get through the doors either. The food was very good.

April 24, 2015

By Nancy105539250

Colonial Village was our second choice. Everybody was friendly. The apartments looked nice. However, one thing that we didn't care about was that they didn't have individual cottages, and they only had 2-story apartments. They had activities, and they had newsletters and stuff. They had everything that you could choose from, but I don't remember what they were. I haven't eaten there, but they had invited us to a meal. However, I thought the meals were good there, and I thought they had a chef. We liked the location, and the price was better.

January 09, 2015

Colonial was a nice place. The people were nice. It was clean. I saw a couple of rooms, and they were nice. They had activities, and there was always something going on. I liked that it was neat and well laid out.

November 29, 2014

I was able to visit my brother at Colonial Village. I like that it's well-maintained and clean. All of the ladies are friendly, and they have a lot of activities that the residents can participate in. He is happy as he can be given his situation.

November 17, 2014

By Deborah45

When my stepfather died my 78 year old Mom did not want to be alone in her home in the country. And, although she is still able to physically drive and do the activities of daily living we really don't know how long she will be able because, for one thing, she has macular degeneration which makes driving to more than the local grocery store not an option. Our first thought was for her to live by me, her daughter in a mobile home. Then I realized that I would be doing nearly all her grocery shopping, cooking, and Dr. visits, etc. and that I would also be the one to provide all her entertainment as well as company. This would have impacted my life in a huge change. I love Mom so much but was not ready to give up my entire lifestyle to care for her at this point in time. Luckily, I got online to research possibilities and was immediately contacted. We went to only two facilities to tour. Colonial Village was the second one and, even though it is older, the minute we walked in we both just felt at home. We had lunch with them a couple of times and learned that once a person moves in, even though it is an independent living facility, one need not ever have to move, for example, to an assisted living facility. There are home health services on the premises to take up any gaps. We had choices on size of apartments and I was stunned at how much room anyone may choose. The apartments are large (or small). Each has a full kitchen, not kitchenette. Lovely meals are prepared three times daily in the dining room, a van for transportation to M.D. Visits and shopping if needed. My Mom is still driving her own car at this point. And, there are tons and tons of activities for her to be social and participate in if she chooses. She is with others who share her interests and at this point in time she's making new friends and getting well settled in. She was very skeptical about this and had it in her mind we were moving her to "the old folks'home". She sees now that is not the case at all. This is not a nursing home. This is comfortable, and wonderful Independent living for seniors. This is luxury. And, although it may seem expensive at first, when you realize you have no home insurance, taxes, electric, water, food, lawn care, cooking, cleaning bills--just to name a few---you then see what a bargain this type of living is. And, cars are a very large expense. Once my Mom gets to the point she can no longer drive (and I fear this will be soon) that expense will be gone as well, and she will still be independent of calling any family or friends to get her to any Dr. Appointments. This is what I hope I can do for myself, if I should be so lucky. I recommend it, and Colonial Village itself, to anyone. The staff there are wonderful and down to earth, and friendly and yet professional. It is home.

Costs for Colonial Village

Photos of Colonial Village

Services and Amenities of Colonial Village

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Electric, Gas, Sewer, Water

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Storage Space, Parking: Private

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Colonial Village

Colonial Village is located in Longview, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Colonial Village for a visit...and stay!

Map of Colonial Village