Colonial Village Longview, TX

Reviews of Colonial Village

Independent Living Reviews for Colonial Village

March 24, 2020

By ReviewerAT0323

I moved into Colonial Village. They need to improve on the living arrangements, the staffing, and there are a lot of things they could do to improve this place. It needs uplifting, repainting, they need new carpets in the building, they need to be more presentable instead of dull looking. They also need more staff, especially in the dining room area. They should get better staff for what they charge in here. The food is cold, or not good, they feed you stuff that people don't like, so I won't recommend it to anybody. They need more activities here. I am not happy.

Hi there, thank you for taking time to leave your feedback. We regret to hear that you have had this experience at our community. Our goal is to have happy residents and family members, and we would like the opportunity to speak with you about your concerns. Please reach out to our management team if you are open to speak about these further. Thank you

August 27, 2019

By Bonnie

Colonial Village was very nice, but we found that majority of the residents were much older and needed more care. They also did not have the attached garages that we were looking for. We're just not at the level that we'd make use of what they have. We saw their independent living apartments and other areas, including the hallways. They're a much bigger mix between independent living and assisted living. Many of the units that they had could have been either independent living or assisted living. Even though they had an opening, they just had a higher percentage of frailer residents. The whole concept of what the community had was beautiful. It may be independent living, but the residents just needed more help. When we were there, I saw a lot of residents walking up and getting food and there were many tables where food was being delivered. Maybe that was because of the amount of walkers and wheelchairs. We also saw that they were making a run to Walmart, and over half of the people going up to the bus were assisted out to the bus and up the stairs. Their staff is absolutely fantastic, they're very helpful. One woman was confused and she was really upset. She wanted to go onto the bus she hadn't reserved a seat and the bus was full. There were two or three people who helped her and settled her down. Another resident was getting his food but couldn't find his walker. They got it for him and made sure he got back to his apartment just fine. It was not demeaning at all, it was very dignified, they were very helpful, and the staff was very positive. It was a much older community, but it was very clean, well kept, and priced accordingly. They have taken into consideration that their actual facilities are much older than other places, so they're not charging the higher prices. I thought that was a real testament of their care. It was not decrepit. It was older, but very clean.

December 28, 2018

By Laverne

The apartments at Colonial Village were really nice. I saw the residents playing bingo when I was there. They had a small grocery area, a beauty shop, some activity rooms, and a crafts room. I would rate the staff that I met a 5. They say that the food there is very good.

Hey Laverne, thank you for visiting us at Colonial Village. We enjoyed having you visit. We hope to see you again soon!

July 17, 2018

By Annette

Colonial Village was very nice. The dining room was also very nice. They have a lot of activities like crafting twice a week, and there's a washer and dryer there that I can use. The lady who showed me around, Melissa, was very friendly. As we were walking by the kitchen, I could smell home cooked bread. It has a very homey feel.

Hi Annette, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience at Colonial Village! Thank you for visiting our community and taking the time to leave us a review. If you have any further questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help! We hope to see you again soon.

February 05, 2018

By David

We liked Colonial Village, but we couldn't afford it. The grounds were beautiful. The location was nice, too. The rooms were cute and bigger than what we expected. The place was very well maintained and well staffed. The staff members were very polite and knew what they're talking about. The food looked scrumptious.

Hi David! Thanks for leaving us a 5 star review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit at Colonial Village!

July 17, 2017

By Linda

Colonial Village was wonderful, and most people were really super nice. They assisted me, showed me the place, and pointed all the benefits that I could have, and they went out of their way.

September 30, 2016

By N.M.862250

My father was in Colonial Village 2 ½ months ago. I liked it. The food was good. I thought the rooms were larger than the other ones I had seen, and they were well kept and clean. They did have call cords in the bathroom and in the bedroom. The people had been extremely helpful and very friendly. They made him feel welcome and got him involved in as many things as he wanted to be involved in. I thought it was good all the way around.

June 18, 2016

By Jamie768236

Colonial Village is older and needs to be remodeled. The hallways are dark, and you feel like you’re in an older building or facility. They have an activities director and activities like in other facilities. We didn’t spend a lot of time there.

Thank you very much for sharing these comments, Jamie768236, we appreciate you sharing your thoughts and opinions of Colonial Village with us. We hope you were able to spend time on your tour joining us for a meal or activity? Although the building itself may not be a draw for you, we think you'll find its staff and the residents who live there are really what makes this the community you can't judge by its cover alone. Let us know if we can send an invite for you to join us for an activity, we'd love to see you again!

February 21, 2016

By Visitor120786650

Colonial Village is an older facility, but I am considering it because I will be closer to my children, and it meets all of my needs. The apartments had full kitchens with a full cooking range and refrigerator.

August 31, 2015

By Robyn5

Colonial Village has everything that my mom was needing. They provide meals and transportation, all included in the cost of the rent. The people are just incredibly helpful and welcoming. The first thing that mattered about the place was, everybody is happy and friendly. They have just done everything to help her adjust, and we couldn’t be more pleased with the facility. I have tried the food myself, and we are trying to get my mom in the dining room, so she can really meet some people. They welcome her to the dining room and ask if mom is eating well. If she wants extra, they can bring it to her room. We couldn’t ask for better, and we couldn’t be more pleased.

July 20, 2015

My mother is in Colonial Village. She had a few complaints about things getting done, but the staff are good. My sister was worried about my mother because she wouldn't answer either of her phone, and they went up and checked on her and gave us a call back. Her apartment is nice. You could use more space, but other than that, it is good. I have eaten there, and I liked what I had. She is not too fond of weekends because she said at night, it's mostly all sandwiches, and there's not enough choice for vegetables. The dining area is wonderful. It has a good view, and it's decorated nice. They have bingo, Wii bowling, card games, dominos, and bible studies. It's a little pricey though. I like that there are other people around my mother and that she does have to socialize instead of being by herself all the time. She moved in the end of April.

May 24, 2015

By Ron48

Colonial Village was very good. We enjoyed the people. The only problem that we found was that she could not get in the bedroom, kitchen, or bathroom with her scooter. The doors were not wide. She also has a walker, but it could not get through the doors either. The food was very good.

April 24, 2015

By Nancy105539250

Colonial Village was our second choice. Everybody was friendly. The apartments looked nice. However, one thing that we didn't care about was that they didn't have individual cottages, and they only had 2-story apartments. They had activities, and they had newsletters and stuff. They had everything that you could choose from, but I don't remember what they were. I haven't eaten there, but they had invited us to a meal. However, I thought the meals were good there, and I thought they had a chef. We liked the location, and the price was better.

January 09, 2015

Colonial was a nice place. The people were nice. It was clean. I saw a couple of rooms, and they were nice. They had activities, and there was always something going on. I liked that it was neat and well laid out.

November 29, 2014

I was able to visit my brother at Colonial Village. I like that it's well-maintained and clean. All of the ladies are friendly, and they have a lot of activities that the residents can participate in. He is happy as he can be given his situation.

November 17, 2014

By Deborah45

When my stepfather died my 78 year old Mom did not want to be alone in her home in the country. And, although she is still able to physically drive and do the activities of daily living we really don't know how long she will be able because, for one thing, she has macular degeneration which makes driving to more than the local grocery store not an option. Our first thought was for her to live by me, her daughter in a mobile home. Then I realized that I would be doing nearly all her grocery shopping, cooking, and Dr. visits, etc. and that I would also be the one to provide all her entertainment as well as company. This would have impacted my life in a huge change. I love Mom so much but was not ready to give up my entire lifestyle to care for her at this point in time. Luckily, I got online to research possibilities and was immediately contacted. We went to only two facilities to tour. Colonial Village was the second one and, even though it is older, the minute we walked in we both just felt at home. We had lunch with them a couple of times and learned that once a person moves in, even though it is an independent living facility, one need not ever have to move, for example, to an assisted living facility. There are home health services on the premises to take up any gaps. We had choices on size of apartments and I was stunned at how much room anyone may choose. The apartments are large (or small). Each has a full kitchen, not kitchenette. Lovely meals are prepared three times daily in the dining room, a van for transportation to M.D. Visits and shopping if needed. My Mom is still driving her own car at this point. And, there are tons and tons of activities for her to be social and participate in if she chooses. She is with others who share her interests and at this point in time she's making new friends and getting well settled in. She was very skeptical about this and had it in her mind we were moving her to "the old folks'home". She sees now that is not the case at all. This is not a nursing home. This is comfortable, and wonderful Independent living for seniors. This is luxury. And, although it may seem expensive at first, when you realize you have no home insurance, taxes, electric, water, food, lawn care, cooking, cleaning bills--just to name a few---you then see what a bargain this type of living is. And, cars are a very large expense. Once my Mom gets to the point she can no longer drive (and I fear this will be soon) that expense will be gone as well, and she will still be independent of calling any family or friends to get her to any Dr. Appointments. This is what I hope I can do for myself, if I should be so lucky. I recommend it, and Colonial Village itself, to anyone. The staff there are wonderful and down to earth, and friendly and yet professional. It is home.

Questions about Colonial Village

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Colonial Village. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Colonial Village offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Colonial Village exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Colonial Village offer to independent living residents?

If Colonial Village accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Colonial Village work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Colonial Village

Photos of Colonial Village

Services and Amenities of Colonial Village

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Electric, Gas, Sewer, Water

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Storage Space, Parking: Private

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Colonial Village

Colonial Village is located in Longview, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Colonial Village for a visit...and stay!

Map of Colonial Village