Cypress Woods

Reviews of Cypress Woods

Independent Living Reviews for Cypress Woods

October 03, 2020

By LaRee

My mother is moving into Cypress Woods. It's very nice, the people there are friendly, the environment there is nice, and they take care of their residents. They social distance and they actually have you quarantined for 14 days before you can come out into the enviornment, so they make sure that the environment is safe.

September 16, 2020

By Dixie

They would assist my 95-year-old mom when she could be rude and difficult and keep smiling. When my mom moved due to monetary reasons, she called Cypress Woods to bring her breakfast. They called her new residence to explain her needs. They were still helping mother after she left.

October 31, 2019

By Elizabeth

Cypress Woods was lovely. The staff was great, very helpful, and followed up with me. The apartment looked nice. I saw the activity room where they have lunch and play bingo. They have a gym with exercise equipment, and they have a pool.

May 07, 2019

By June

I toured Cypress Woods and enjoyed it. A young woman toured me around, and I felt very comfortable with her. I saw a lot of different things, including large and small rooms. Once a month, they go to lunch to some restaurants. I had been there a couple of times, and I was able to sit for lunch with a lady I’ve known from church, and I was very glad. I was impressed with the staff member and enjoyed talking with her. She seemed to be on the ball, and knew pretty much what I asked about. I thought they’re really friendly, and I’ve had phone calls wanting me to come to dances. The food was good every time I ate there, and the staff was very attentive, made sure we had what we wanted, and listened to what we told them. I’ve helped with Bible study there, and I’m glad they take people to church.

February 27, 2019

By Martha

I toured Cypress Woods. It’s very nice, but it’s really for someone older. They treated me really nice, and we had lunch with a couple of ladies. Everybody was friendly, the apartments were nice, and the lady I was sitting next to had been there for ten years. They have a TV room, movie nights, they had a nice dining room, a pool table, and a library.

July 11, 2018

By Ms. Sadie

The living space is small. For independent living, the prices were very high. The facility is attractive and clean. The staff is very friendly. The activities for residents are plentiful.

May 03, 2018

By Elaine

Cypress Woods was too expensive for me. I felt the rooms were acceptable but not nice compared to the price they're asking. I wasn't impressed with the rooms. If I had lots of money, I might consider staying there, but I think I could find some place nicer for the money. However, the food was good, the residents and the staff members were very nice and very friendly.

October 09, 2017

By Dwight

I like Cypress Woods' open area and courtyard. They have activities daily, a swimming pool, a gym with a trainer, and a bus that goes to different places. Once a week they have a schedule that tells them where they're going, like to the mall or to the casino, which is nice. They provide housekeeping if you want it, but they don't require it. They have a hairdresser who comes once a week and an activities director. The staff is excellent, informative, helpful, knowledgeable, and eager to answer questions. They serve breakfast and lunch but dinner is on the residents. The food was great. We saw one apartment, but they didn't have any available for us. We have to go on a waiting list, but the waiting list was only for 20 days. They have people coming and going all the time.

June 06, 2017

By ibette

When I am old, I would like to be at Cypress Woods. It is my favorite one. The staff members were very kind. We got in there at dinner time, and they invited us, so that was a very nice gesture of them, and the food was delicious. I went there with my husband, and I loved it; I love the service, the food, and the place. The rooms were very neat and very spacious, and the grounds were awesome.

May 31, 2017

By joe625086

Cypress Woods is really very nice. I made several friends, and every room in the place has big front windows and door to patios. The meals are decent. I do exercise, some walking, taking care of the cats, and watching soccer games. They have a bus that goes out every day to stores, doctors and places that people need to go, and because of the transportation, you can get to wherever you need to go easily. We have three meals a day and lots of choices in each meal. The staff is very friendly and available. We have at least 2 laundries on each floor. We have a library and various activities during the day and evenings. I'm happy being here, as happy as you can be.

January 03, 2017

By Penny040422

We were very impressed with Cypress Woods. It’s in a nice, secure area. The dining area was very clean, organized, and looked like a cafeteria. They were eating when I visited. The rooms were nice, clean, freshly painted, and spacious for a studio apartment. They had spacious rooms downstairs for bingo and a movie room for seniors. They had several activities planned throughout the week for them. I was impressed with their activity and exercise schedule. They had bingo, movie night, and take them out once a week to go shopping.

November 08, 2016

When we walked in at Cypress Woods. they were eating, and they’re just sitting. The whole area was full of people sitting, and nobody was walking around. They all looked unhappy, they were in wheelchairs, and it’s very strange for me. It’s expensive -- $2400 for one person. It’s open parking and not a gated community.

Anonymous273710, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experiences from your visit with us, although we sincerely wish you had a more positive impression of the community. We would love to invite you to come back and join us for an event though, rather than mealtime, so you can see how active and mobile our community really truly is - when we're not all sitting down and eating our meal, that is! Thanks again for sharing your comments - we hope to see you again soon!

November 06, 2016

By Mike313483

Cypress Woods was a very nice facility. It looked good, and the rooms seemed nice, but it just didn’t feel like it would fit my lifestyle. The dining area was very nice and very clean and set up to where it would encourage people to sit down and share tables together. They have travel programs for the residents. and they do some in-house games to keep people involved. A very nice facility.

April 23, 2016

By Madelaine1

The lady who took us around Cypress Woods was not as thorough because she was more of a manager. The person who normally does the tour was on leave at that time. However, it was a very nice place and she was very friendly. We just walked around and saw an exercise class going on. It just did not stand out to us as much as the other place we visited did.

December 30, 2015

By Deanna5

They did have somebody at Cypress Woods 24 hours a day. The food was good. The people were great. However, it did not have a pool for my sister. I really like it there, but we could not afford it. The rooms were spacious and nice. The facility was a very clean place. They have church and all kinds of activities. The atmosphere was lovely, but one negative about it is that they didn’t have any grounds.

June 04, 2015

My mom is a current resident of Cypress Woods. It is a nice place. It is just that they have 91 people in capacity for 101, and my mom is not use to all the people. However, they feed them three times a day with all the full services, but sometimes it takes 45 minutes to 1 hours to have a meal. Depending on which end of the cafeteria you sit in, like if they serve the south end and I am in the north end, I will have to wait. She doesn't like that, but It is a beautiful place, and it is really nice. They have bingo, horseracing, sewing clubs, and other groups that get together. My mother does that, but she is 90 years old, and she just doesn't get involved in many things like that. However, if I talk to some of the elderly people there sitting with my mom eating, they all tell me the same thing. They need a better system. They all complain why its taking so long to have their food and to allow them like the buffet idea where you have a little more variety.

May 24, 2015

By Sherri10

My mother was in Cypress Woods for two months, and we chose it because of pricing and location. The staff were hard workers. She had a one-bedroom apartment, which was spacious and clean, but the décor was dated. The food was good. They allow smoking, but they didn't advise us that it was a smoking facility. They have six people there, and they are not equipped in case of a fire to evacuate people from the upper floors. I would not recommend them. I wouldn't go back.

Hi Sherri, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. Thanks for your sincere review. I'm very sorry to hear that your mother had a negative experience at Cypress Woods. I'm particularly bothered by your safety concern since we take safety very seriously here at Holiday - I've passed your concern on to our Corporate Health and Safety Manager for his review. If there's anything else you'd like to add, you're more than welcome to call our Resident Relations line at 1-800-370-8331. Thanks you and my sincere apologies once more,

April 27, 2015

I liked that Cypress Woods was close to a mall across the street. I was very satisfied with the staff. I had a very enjoyable lunch with them. All of the residents were very friendly. The price is a little higher for me right now.

April 02, 2015

We visited Cypress Woods. I liked it. The only problem here is they had long halls. When we went to visit one of their apartments, it was quite a walk for my husband. It was a nice place. With regards to the room, we were a little disappointed that there was no full kitchen and there was only a kitchenette.

December 30, 2014

By Quinn2

I visited Cypress Woods, and it was good. I had some folks who gave it good references. The place was clean and beautiful. The facility looked like a good one for us. About the staff, the ones we met were very nice. The schedule was posted on the wall; they had celebrations and movies. Plus they had game room for folk who play cards and chess. The food was good. I have a limited diet, but they were able to take care of it. The people are very friendly and very attentive. The place was extremely clean and well decorated. The room is lovely and well cared for.

December 12, 2014

I am really happy with Cypress Woods. At first he wasn’t happy, but now he likes it there. It's an independent living facility, but they have a big dining area where he can go to and have his meals. I really like that, and he actually gained 3lbs. He is happy now. I like that the management is nice, and I feel like he is safe.

November 28, 2014

We were just not interested in Cypress Woods. It was a very nice facility. I think they had a swimming pool, and the people were quite active there. They were very pricey also. I know someone who lived there that moved out because it costs too much money.

Hello, thank you for visiting us. If we ever become a fit for your senior living needs, please do not hesitate to reach out.

May 20, 2014

By Virginia26

My mother is now at Cypress Woods. They have a regular sized shower that you would have a bathtub in, and it's like 4 or 5 ft. It's too long. And what I noticed in a lot of facilities that I visited was that the shower area was shorter, which is good. They're all handicapped accessible. And in the seat that they would sit on, your back was to the wall. But to me, it's a really important thing because one of the issues we've had with my mom is her concern that she's going to fall backwards, because she does have a tremor, and it causes her to lose her balance. And that's one of the things that I really like. That's a safety issue. It's not old in any sense. But it's just a little bit older than some of the places we looked at. The food there varies. There is a fairly large staff turnover as well. The management has changed multiple times just in the last two years. It's constantly changing, which is a concern because I think it's difficult in any business to run it well if you're constantly changing your staff, whether that's at the bottom or at the top. That's one of my biggest concerns there, not keeping managers long enough. I understand it's a difficult business. I also I think that the organization can do a better job of choosing their chef. My mother has a lot of stomach issues, which a lot of elderly people do. A lot of times she just wants cottage cheese and fruit. And even though it's a retirement home, cottage cheese should be something you always have. You should also have jello on hand. They also have a lot of activities. That's something that they do extremely well. I think the activities that they have are probably the biggest draw, and the layout of the apartments I think is really good.

December 29, 2013

By Jo12

I like the whole thing about Cypress Woods. You got three meals a day whether you want to eat it or not. They have an outside bridge club that plays once a week. There is also a man that plays the piano. It's just wonderful. All the rooms were very spacious and like that each one of them has its own balcony. They also have an outside access from their own rooms and I like that idea. They also have a room that has a washer and dryer in it. They have someone to come in once a week and do general cleaning. I absolutely recommend this facility.

December 03, 2013

My husband and I live in Cypress Woods for over a year now. We want to stay here. A lady shared with us about it in Friendship Center. They bring 3 meals a day to our apartment or we could go to the dining room. The dining room is beautiful. The food is great. The service is fabulous. We never found anything to cry about. The other residents are happy. The management has a lot for them, parties for every holidays. They seem to have a good time. We enjoy it here.

September 09, 2013

By caring70295550

Cypress Woods was nice, clean, and well kept. The people were very nice. I don't think the director was in at the time, but I talked to some of their residents and they all seemed really happy. The food was really good. The rooms need updating though, and they only had senior independent living, so once you needed additional care up to a certain point, then you have to move out of the property and go to a different facility.

Costs for Cypress Woods

Photos of Cypress Woods

Services and Amenities of Cypress Woods

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered, Underground

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Cypress Woods

Cypress Woods is located in Kingwood, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Cypress Woods for a visit...and stay!

Map of Cypress Woods