Carriage Inn - Katy

Reviews of Carriage Inn - Katy

Assisted Living Reviews for Carriage Inn - Katy

August 02, 2018

By william.t

My mother and dad were residents of the assisted living facility and had to move out. The room was adequate, but had to point out dust on the air vents. My mom has asthma and had really terrible flare ups of asthma because of this. Their food was terrible. Cold for every meal. Staff said that residents can ask the food to be microwaved to hear up, but why should they have to ask? I joined my parents for a meal and the food was cold, so it is not an unfounded complaint from some dementia patient. For the price, it was not worth it.

June 10, 2018

By Tink

Carriage Inn – Katy was a nice, clean place with friendly people. The apartments were a reasonable size. It's a little overpriced, but I understand because of all the amenities and all that they offer. The room had a good-sized bath with a walk-in shower that's wheelchair accessible, a small kitchen, a little dining room area, and the living room and bedroom area were combined. They had more than enough to keep a person interested and occupied. I wouldn't mind living there when I get older. I did not try the food, but it smelled like it was good.

Thank you so very much for the wonderful review of Carriage Inn Katy. We are very pleased that you left with a great impression of our community. We are committed to providing excellence in service, an experience that exceeds your expectations, and a home where you and your loved ones well-being is our passion. We hope that you visit again and stay to try the food, you will not be disappointed. Live Life Well®

Independent Living Reviews for Carriage Inn - Katy

January 04, 2019

By Warren

Carriage Inn is over 20 years old. It is showing its age, but it is very nice. They had a cottage with an attached garage. The only thing I didn't like about it was that it was very small and there was no good eating area. You would be eating out in the living area. However, they were very accommodating. I asked if I could fence in an area for the dogs to go out without having a leash, and they said yes. It was really nice, but their food was not the best the day we were there. They had more assisted living people than others that didn't need it, but the staff members were wonderful.

November 14, 2017

By Jill

Carriage Inn Katy was great, but the rooms were too small. Also, we were looking for a bathtub, but they didn't have tub. Nevertheless, everybody was great. The dining area looked great, and the activities looked great. They have a library, ice cream social, and transportation. They have a huge bulletin board of activities.

April 10, 2017

By Denise015451

My mother-in-law is at the Carriage Inn in Katy. She has been there for two years, and I think they are on their fifth cook already. People quit often. They just got bought out by a supposedly not-for-profit company and the group was told that their rent is going up a bit. They don’t have a lot of stuff to do. She says things don’t change, and the food is sub-par. The only thing I ate that was really good was some soup that they had one day. My mother-in-law got a decent, one-level one-bedroom.There are apartments and little cottages. Her apartment for one person looks fine, and she's very lucky to be very close to the laundry room. She had only been there for like three weeks when she had a load went missing. I didn't heard any of her friends say that got solved or returned or anything like that. It is in a good location right by Katy Mall.

November 23, 2016

By Pam677611

Carriage Inn was light, bright, and pleasantly appointed, but to me it seemed no thrills. It’s a good solid facility. Their 1 bedroom apartments -- from what I could tell from an open door as there weren’t any available to see -- were going to be very nice for the price. The rooms seemed to be spacious.

June 10, 2016

By MargerySDYFE

Carriage Inn was very nice. I would consider them, but I’ve decided to take care of my husband at home. The staff was very helpful in showing me around and gave me a lot of information. They were nice to talk to. They had independent living, assisted living, and memory care; however, they did not have a nursing home. The atmosphere was so nice, and they had lots of activities for the residents, like exercise, different trips, and a limousine that took them to doctors' appointments, to church, and grocery stores.

May 22, 2015

Carriage Inn is a very nice facility. We like their courtyard and their apartments. The rooms are big and roomy, and it has some closets as well. The staff were friendly and welcoming.

June 27, 2014

By looking to move

Apartments are roomy. Diningroom is so cheery! 1st floor with patio was so appealing. We are on waiting list here.

September 13, 2013

By Luell

I wanted to be as near yo my daughter as I could be, so I opted for Carriage Inn because of the location is convenient for me. This is a very good place. Food is excellent and we have three good meals a day. We have transportation service within 15 miles of any place we want to go. We have all kind of activities. We play games like bridge, domino games, bingo, etc. We also have happy hour once a week, movies twice a week, parties, etc. We just have everything we need here in Carriage Inn. What I like best living here is the friendliness between the staff and the residents. I also like my apartment. It is very nice. It is small but wonderful. It has everything that I need. I have a bedroom, a living room, a kitchen, and a bathroom. Carriage Inn is an excellent place to be. They are also building a new facility right across the street. It is for assisted living and Alzheimer's.

June 18, 2013

By Barry4

My mom and dad moved into the Carriage Inn in November last year. It was very close to where we live. The whole staff was very friendly and caring. They were in a two-bedroom apartment, which was small, but they both seemed to be okay with that. Food was very good. My dad had to move into another facility for memory care because of dementia, so mom had to move back into their home.

January 24, 2013

By Pearl2

Carriage Inn is like home as far as my mother-in-law is concerned. It's just what she wanted; a small apartment. They provide all the meals, a beauty shop, travel service whenever you need it, and a monitoring system. They turn on little red lights at 5 in the morning in all the apartments in the bathroom. And if the person that lives in there has not turned it off by 10 A.M., they send someone down to check on them to make sure they're okay. They have tons of stuff going on. They do outings Wednesday. But my mother-in-law has some memory issues so we have not encouraged her to leave the facility because she may not be ready for that. They have ice cream socials four times a week, they have movies four nights a week, bingos, games, and they even have happy hour with live music on Friday afternoons. It's pretty cool! I haven't had any issue with them at all.

Costs for Carriage Inn - Katy

• Licenses: 141146
  • State Licenses: AL License #141146

• Get Costs

About Carriage Inn - Katy

The assisted living program in our community simplifies everyday activities and enhances the quality of life. Our assisted living services focus on personal care and wellness services, help with daily activities, and medication management. Here, you’ll live life to the fullest with a range of assisted living services tailored to your needs. If you move to our community for independent living and later need extra assistance, you can transfer to the level of care that you need, right here.

Map of Carriage Inn - Katy