Brookdale Irving

Reviews of Brookdale Irving

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Irving

January 17, 2015

By anonymous104567550

I have an aunt who lives in Brookdale Irving, and it is a very good and very nice place. The rooms are decent. She is in a two-bedroom apartment, and they have a really good-sized living room. It is very clean. They have activities and birthday parties. I think the food is very good, and the dining area is very nice.

December 30, 2014

By Krist1

We really liked Brookdale Irving; if we needed to be put in a place, that is where we would go. They allowed pets but not in the nursing home part. The rooms were good, it didn’t smell bad, and the staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions.

October 18, 2014

Emeritus at Irving is very close to me and it looked like a very nice place. My mom has a private room and it was fairly clean and spacious enough, but the aides don’t do their job. The first week she was there, she had two drawers of clothes stolen. I don’t know if a patient came in there or if it was an aide. They had medication discrepancies. My mom knew her pills and she would know if some were missing so I had to confront the director. I ate with her a few times and it was bad. They feed them the cheapest thing they can and that would even be something I wouldn’t feed my dog. They need more competent staff and honest ones. I would not recommend this facility.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss them in greater detail.

August 27, 2014

I visited Emeritus at Irving. I think the facility was nice. It was very inviting and clean. The staff was friendly. They showed me the different types of living apartments that were available. Those were nice. It seemed like they would be accommodating. Overall, I was pleased with what I saw. It looked like it has all the accommodations that are required in an assisted living facility. The living environment looked OK. Everything looked clean. It was nice and neat. The room was nice, neat and orderly. The facility was painted nicely. There weren't holes in the walls or messed up floors. Everything looked really nice. I would surely recommend this place to others.

June 25, 2014

By Woody5

Emeritus was a little older, and it wasn't exactly where we wanted to be. It was out of our way for where we live. We checked on the rooms; they were nice. I found the staff to be exceptionally nice and professional. I had no problem with the people who were there. I believe that they handled things like bingo, card games, and things like that. It just had an odor about it, and it just wasn't as clean.

March 29, 2014

By Charles37

We put Mom into Emeritus at Irving. The best thing about it is the combination of price, convenience, and the program they have. There was no delay in getting her in. The rooms that we were looking at had two or three available. When I sat down with the staff, they answered all questions. We had a meal there; It seemed they have healthy food. They have bingo, church service, hobbies, jewelry making, and all kinds of stuff. But they only have one elevator for all residents, and it could only fit one person on a wheelchair at a time. So anybody coming from another floor has to wait for the single elevator to come up and down. They can provide another bigger elevator.

December 01, 2013

By Eva7

I was very pleased with Emeritus. That would have been my choice if I need a place. They have assisted living, independent living and nursing home in their facility. I only saw a two-bedroom unit and it was spacious. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

November 28, 2013

By Kathryn5

My mom now lives in Emeritus. Although they are understaffed, the staff is great staff. They have indoor and outdoor activities. I will recommend them to others.

July 11, 2012

By SterlingBeauty

This facility is very beautiful and well-kept. The staff is very friendly and readily available to help with any of the residents needs or the visitors needs. The residents are not confined to stay in their rooms, they can walk around the facility and make friends with other residents. They are encouraged to engage in activities each day. They have several sitting areas where they can sit and converse with each other, watch T.V., play cards, etc. The landscaping outside of the facility is also beautiful, there are several places outside that the residents may sit with each other, or with their families and visit while their grandchildren play on the nearby playground.

June 13, 2012

By caring6081

I chose this facility because it's near my place and it would be convenient for me to visit dad. The staff treated us very well. They were welcoming and I am satisfied with all the information they gave me. The residents there looked okay. It seemed like a happy place there and it felt homey. My father's room is small but sufficient. He would be comfortable in it. The dining area is comfortable and clean. It's a clean facility overall. I think the place is conducive for retiring people and they would enjoy it there.

May 15, 2012

By sunshine5

The facility looked clean and the staff were very friendly. The prices were affordable. I think my mother would enjoy to stay here and will make friends with the neighbors. They also have senior activities.

June 18, 2011

I made an appointment to visit/tour this facility and meet with someone to ask questions. I was/am premature in looking at one of these facilities for my mom but if/when the time comes, I would most definitely choose Emeritus in Irving. Outstanding facility and staff! I highly recommend to anyone that has this need for a loved one to visit and consider this place. Good luck to all in making the best decision you can for your loved ones!

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Irving

August 15, 2013

Emeritus at Irving was very clean. The lady who showed me around was very nice, she was lovely from beginning to end. The smallest room was 400 sq. ft. but it was big enough. It was set-up so that you could have everything you needed like the bed and couch, although the closet was not too large. We had lunch and I was surprised that the food was very good. The thing that bothered me was they only brought you food for 3 days a month, I guess you had to be in the assisted living area if you wanted more than that. My only problem was the long distance to walk from the room to the eating places.

March 27, 2012

By janne.wilson

My experience with this facility has been most positive! I moved my mother there from an assisted living facility in another city, where she was so unhappy. After months of assessment, we felt she didn't need assisted living. Emeritus Irving (formerly Summerville) is an independent living facility; it has enough space so not to feel crowded, but it's not so large that one has trouble navigating oneself to the dining room, laundry, etc. It feels cozy. Management has extended every courtesy to my mother and my family and the staff seem to really care for the residents. The meals are actually pretty decent! I dine there with her at times and I was very surprised. My mother has friends now, as she wasn't very social before (due to her extreme hearing loss). She engages in conversations with other residents and participates in the meetings pertaining to policy of the facility. She attends most of the socials and she is able to practice her faith along with others who share like beliefs, which is so important. My mother has truly blossomed there. I'm so grateful to have found such a wonderful place where she can truly feel at home. I work in the healthcare industry (hospice) and have worked in so many facilities in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, albeit short-term (a few days to a few weeks; I have learned that a beautiful, expensive facility does not a desirable one make. It is the staff and their welcoming, sincere attitude which helps a resident successfully transition from home to facility.

Photos of Brookdale Irving

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Irving

About Brookdale Irving

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Irving