Embark at Willowbrook Park

Reviews of Embark at Willowbrook Park

Independent Living Reviews for Embark at Willowbrook Park

November 15, 2015

By Susan90145050

My mom likes the spaciousness of the apartment at this community, where she is currently living for the next four months. She likes the flexibility of the meal options, the variety of classes, and activities they have to offer for the residents. She also likes the transportation that they offer.

June 30, 2015

By Dennis28

We have visited Willowbrook Park for ourselves. It was very good and we were very impressed.

May 12, 2015

By Guy5

It is a very nice place. Their housekeeping service is excellent. Once a week, they come in the place, vacuum, and wipe everything in the bathroom, in the kitchen, and the floors, too. The rooms are spacious. The kitchen, the bedroom, bathroom, and the closet are nice. There is enough space for one person to be happy in there. The people were friendly, wonderful, and organized. Every day, they have something going on. They have a beautiful restaurant. My girlfriend lives right here. Sometimes we go to the restaurant, and it’s very nice. We’re very pleased to recommend this place to anybody that’s looking for senior living.

September 27, 2014

My mother has been living here for almost three months now. I chose this place for her because of its location. The staff working there is very nice. They also have beautiful rooms and facilities. Their food has a good quality too. So far, we have been very pleased with the community. My mother is very pleased as well living here.

June 30, 2014

My parents have settled into the community now. We like the location, and they like the amenities. I think the room I got was like 300 sq. ft. The staff was very pleasant. The food is good. They have a restaurant and a bistro. They have exercise classes. They have activities every day. They have a shuttle that goes to the church. They have a weekly grocery, which they really like, shopping trips every day, and doctor's appointments once a week. There are different clubs that they can join. There is aqua aerobics. I think they feel safe there; it's very secure. They had an incident about a week ago, and someone responded within a minute. It was great.

December 31, 2013

By Debbie82127250

It was beautifully laid out and peaceful. The staff was very accommodating. I had lunch there and that was good food. They had a variety of apartment sizes from small, medium and large. The place was nice, the people were nice, and I have a feeling I'd probably end up there.

September 24, 2013

By Michele8

My mom is here and she loves everybody there. She started getting respite care and she ended up asking to move into the facility permanently. The people were fabulous and they have been wonderful. The residents as well as the staff have been very helpful with mom. I haven't tried the food, but mom doesn't miss a meal so the food must be good.

August 10, 2013

By Cecilia3

Me and my husband has been here for two and a half months now and so far so good. We chose this place because it appealed to us and we can go outside anytime we want. The place is excellent. The staff are very accommodating. It's been really great and we enjoyed it here. We have access to all of the facilities and it's a very, very nice and enjoyable place to live. They have all kinds of activities. They got a pool room, a TV room, a library, a gym, and a community center where we can go to church, watch movies, and play games. We do water aerobics and just about anything you can think of. I think they need to add on more food because we get only very small portions and you don't get second serving. They have good food, but they just need to serve more of it.

Questions about Embark at Willowbrook Park

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Embark at Willowbrook Park. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age is 75. Our residents enjoy bingo, flower arrangement & painting classes, wine socials, Bridge, and Nickels.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

A few places nearby include the YMCA, Willowbrook mall, other shopping, and restaurants.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Embark at Willowbrook Park has organized?

Embark at Willowbrook Park has organized local events, concerts, museum outings, sporting events outings, and overnight casino trips.

What transportation services does Embark at Willowbrook Park offer to independent living residents?

We offer private and communal transportation to our residents via our community bus and town car.

What makes the chef or dining program at Embark at Willowbrook Park exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Incoming residents can expect a balanced menu that fits many diets. We feature a dietitian approved menu that encompasses a wide range of food from all over the world. Our focus features southern hospitality and Service! Our Chef, Durand Frierson, is from New Orleans and he has over 20-years of experience in the food service industry.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Our community offers these common areas to residents; front lounge w/pool table, community room, game room, heated pool & spa, activity lounge, private dining room, and rehab gym.

What safety features or security measures does Embark at Willowbrook Park offer to independent living residents?

Embark at Willowbrook Park has 24-hour security, is a gated community, has security cameras, and also has community emergency call system pendants.

If Embark at Willowbrook Park accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, we accept dogs or cats and the community has outdoor green space to walk dogs.

Does Embark at Willowbrook Park work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Embark at Willowbrook Park offers personal home care and therapy services on site.

Costs for Embark at Willowbrook Park

Photos of Embark at Willowbrook Park

Services and Amenities of Embark at Willowbrook Park

About Embark at Willowbrook Park

Embark at Willowbrook Park offers the best in senior living in Houston, TX. Here, you can embrace life and define your retirement the way you have always dreamed. Established in 1995, Embark at Willowbrook Park offers an independent living community for discerning adults who want to live life to the fullest. You’ll appreciate our beautiful spaces, generous amenities, 24/7 security and dedicated staff that help you enjoy life, worry-free.

• 24-Hour Security