Colonial Oaks Senior Living at Westchase

Reviews of Colonial Oaks Senior Living at Westchase

Nursing Home Reviews for Colonial Oaks Senior Living at Westchase

May 08, 2012

By rcadams2

The facility is up-to-date, attractive, and very clean. The staff was very friendly to us, as guests, and to the people who live in the complex. I felt as though the treatment to the residents was not staged, and I could tell that that was how the staff generally interacted with their residents. The amenities are great. There is around-the-clock personal care. The facility offers a lot of activities for its residents, including gardening, arts and crafts, game nights, exercise classes, and much more. These services are available to friends and family members of the residents as well. The Colonial Oaks brand seems to like to involve the family members in the living arrangement of their residents as much as possible. The people living at the apartments seem to really enjoy themselves, and still are able to live independently. This facility also has a Memory Care component that aids elders who are having memory loss issues. It is going a step above regular assisted living facilities.

Memory Care Reviews for Colonial Oaks Senior Living at Westchase

June 22, 2014

By Jeff W

My father is currently at Colonial Oaks - Westchase and he it is going very well. The staff are professional and courteous. They are giving him as much attention as he needs and adjusting their care giving to his specific situation.

February 28, 2014

Colonial Oaks at Westchase was excellent and we were very pleased. They continued to impress us with their ability. She had her own bedroom and bathroom. They had different wings in the facility and each hall had a dining and living room. There were about 8-10 residents per hall. There was also a small library area and big meeting room where they had entertainment and group gatherings.

December 16, 2012

By Mary26

Colonial Oaks is a nice, upscale facility. They take the residents all over the place. They take them to the movies and do it in groups. They have churches of different denominations that come in and they have live bands.

July 05, 2012

By stellamaris1

On the whole, this facility, while having its downsides, has been solid -- even amazing. There is a strong sense of community coming from the staff, whom we see at all hours of the day as they check in & out of work, almost tirelessly maintaining a high level of personableness.The amenities are likely par for the course for this kind of place. Fairly simple but homey decor, all the basics in terms of room furnishings, a common room with comfy-enough couches & a TV. My dad has all he needs.When my Dad was mobile, one of the greatest advantages was the variety of social activities. The schedule was replete with many a thing he could go to, & he connected especially with the singers & ministry folk. These activities helped my Dad get his spark (back) in engaging him, for the time he was doing better. I couldn't believe the fun he was having at bingo!One shortcoming is that the difference between the PM staff & the AM staff is often not only literally but figuratively one of night & day. I've found that the morning staff is much more patient with my Dad & interested in learning how to work with him than the evening staff, who is shorter with him. At this point, my Dad, who's diagnosis is uncertain although it seems to be in the dementia family, is extremely sensitive to who handles him based on how. He seems to be very emotionally sensitive. I'm surprised that some of the night staff haven't acquired the patience to deal with him specifically (he can actually be very docile & compliant when you treat him respectfully & coach him gently), as well as what seems to be common symptoms of his disease. Or even understanding the natural stubbornness that comes with your not wanting someone to be rough with you when they change your diapers -- your diapers!Finally, something else I value about this facility is its excellent working alliance with related services that pass through it, like hospice. All parts of the whole operation, from the client/family's standpoint, communicate well, even when they're not officially associated with each other (& even when there's ample room for them to be stepping on each other's toes, e.g., facility doctor vs. hospice doctor).I'm not sure how much longer we'll be needing this facility, but I'm certain I'll remember the role of the staff in their always being there as present, salient faces, keeping an eye out on the clients & their caregivers alike.
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Costs for Colonial Oaks Senior Living at Westchase

Photos of Colonial Oaks Senior Living at Westchase

Services and Amenities of Colonial Oaks Senior Living at Westchase

• Fee Structure Extra: $2000 Community Fee

About Colonial Oaks Senior Living at Westchase

Colonial Oaks Memory Care at Westchase is a beautiful property in West Houston built and designed for seniors with memory loss. Our staff specializes in all stages of dementia and Alzheimer's. Our Rhythm of the Day® program eases your loved one into the transition of living at Colonial Oaks. Many of our staff have been at Westchase since we opened. If your loved one is experiencing memory loss, the experienced staff at Westchase are specially trained to help. They will put you and your loved one at ease. Even though our residents are experiencing memory loss, at Colonial Oaks we value the memory they do have. We offer an array of activities, lots of outings, and wonderful entertainment.

At Colonial Oaks Assisted Living & Memory Care in Westchase, residents receive 24-hour personal assistance, including housekeeping services, educational and recreational programs, onsite therapies, memory support, and much more.

Our warm, friendly staff members undergo advanced training in all aspects of senior care. With our highly qualified staff, our residents can be confident they’re receiving the best possible care.

We at Colonial Oaks place top priority on the social and emotional health of our residents. Through activities such as religious services, recreational outings, group exercise classes, and live entertainment, seniors feel connected and purposeful.

The transition to an assisted living and memory care facility can be stressful. That’s why we at Colonial Oaks have designed a special program for welcoming new residents. Ask us about this program and all of our other services when you call Colonial Oaks Assisted Living & Memory Care in Westchase for a tour today.

Activities and Lifestyle

• Visiting Physicians
  • Transportation to Scheduled Appointments
  • Housekeeping Services
  • Laundry Services

Thank you for your interest at Colonial Oaks At Westchase. Please give me a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Colonial Oaks Senior Living at Westchase