AutumnGrove Cottage The Heights

Reviews of AutumnGrove Cottage The Heights

Memory Care Reviews for AutumnGrove Cottage The Heights

April 26, 2013

By Probinson

Autumn Grove in the Heights WAS an answer to our prayers. Our mother who is in the twelfth year of her disease was one of the first residents in the Heights facility. When mom progressed to the point where she needed more care than an assisted living, we spent 6 months looking for a facility that we were comfortable with. After yet another long depressing day of checking out various places, we ran across an ad in the local Heights paper about Autuumn Grove coming to the neighborhood. It was late Saturday afternoon and we hesitated about calling the number, but will be forever grateful that we did. Christina who was and still is the director answered and told us that they had not yet opened but would gladly meet us if we would like to come see the place and talk to her. She left her home, met us, and I can honestly say, gave us such great hope that we HAD found the perfect place for our mother. When we questioned her about the qualifications of the caregivers (during the 6 months we had been having both private and company caregivers around the clock), she told us that most had various certifications and/or were in the process of attending nursing schools, but her primary focus was not their training. She could train them on "technical" things, but was more concerned with how they felt and dealt with the residents. That aptitude could not be "taught", that was only something that they had within themselves. Without a doubt, that philosophy has rung true in every caregiver that has come through those doors. In the past year mom's medical issues have escalated and the attention to each and every new issue has been dealt with promptly and professtionally.The love, care, and diligence to each resident is evident the minute we enter and never waivers regardless if we are just dropping mom off or staying the afternoon. Patricia

April 18, 2013

By Susanne M.

My family had an excellent experience with Autumn Grove. My mom was there for seven months and she received special care that I could not give her. She needed redirecting as opposed to the coercing that I was attempting. The activity core surrounded by the resident rooms worked very well. When mom passed away, I placed my husband in her room. He was their total assist patient and he was given great care. The caregivers laughed with, loved and cared for him as if he was part of their family. ~Susanne

April 15, 2013

By Jim P.

My mother was a resident of Autumn Grove Cottage in the Heights, and it was a wonderful place for her, and brought great peace of mind to me. From the moment I walked in the door when the facility was first opening I knew this was the place for my mother. The facility was decorated and had the feel of my parents’ home. There was a lot of interaction between the residents and the staff in a loving a caring way. The facility is designed in a manner that the resident activities occur in the central room of the Cottage, or on the beautiful back porch, and the residents can see into the kitchen and what is cooking. My mother who was very social in spite of her memory problems really enjoyed this interaction and talking to the other residents and the care givers. When I was bringing her back from an outing she would always recognize "the place" as she called it and was not hesitant to go inside like she had been at some other places. I believe that my mother really enjoyed her time at the Cottage and I would recommend it to anyone. When she recently passed away there under hospice care, the staff supported us and her like family members helping at every step along the way. This is truly a special place..........
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Photos of AutumnGrove Cottage The Heights

Services and Amenities of AutumnGrove Cottage The Heights

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Cottages

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Activities Extra: Brain Stimulating Games

• Staff Patient Ratio: 5:1

About AutumnGrove Cottage The Heights

AutumnGrove Cottage is a sixteen resident, private-pay, assisted living home specializing in care for senior adults with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia-related illnesses. To use an analogy, AutumnGrove Cottage™ is to the assisted living industry what a bed and breakfast is to the hotel industry. It is smaller, homelike in design and appearance, and personal. With only sixteen residents, the staff and families get to know each other in a very personal and intimate way.

There are many aspects that make AutumnGrove Cottage™ a unique concept, but the two most important differences are design and focus.

Design – From the moment you drive into the driveway, our cottage looks and feels like someone’s private home. This is one of the cornerstones in the AutumnGrove Cottage™ belief that people should be able to age in the same manner they are accustomed to living.

Focus – Alzheimer’s and memory care is not something we do it’s ALL we do. Our caregivers are “universal workers”. They are responsible for every need of the resident throughout their day including grooming, bathing, activities, preparing and assisting with meals. Our caregivers get to know the residents’ preferences and provide more personalized care. Our staff-to-resident ratio is over two times higher than most traditional assisted living facilities.

AutumnGrove Cottage Highlights

• Specialized, only providing Alzheimer’s and memory care
  • One all-inclusive price (no surprises with “levels of care” fees)
  • Unique, simple design for seniors with memory loss
  • 16 private bedrooms to promote intimate and personal care
  • Assistance with all day-to-day activities
  • High direct caregiver to resident ratio
  • Registered Nurse available 24 hours a day
  • Nutrition & hydration program designed specifically for those with memory loss

We honor the resident for the person that they are today, as well as who they were yesterday. We respect their dignity, optimize their individuality and focus on their remaining strengths and abilities. Everything we do centers around Alzheimer’s and memory care, from our building design, staffing requirements, to our training and education programs.

Map of AutumnGrove Cottage The Heights