Addington Place of Cy-Fair

Reviews of Addington Place of Cy-Fair

Memory Care Reviews for Addington Place of Cy-Fair

September 30, 2016

By Graham485545

I put my dad in Autumn Leaves of Cy-Fair, and he’s doing just fine. They have good facilities. It’s well managed. They have sufficient and very good staff.

May 10, 2016

By PaulOOXYG

Autumn Leaves changed directors of the entire Houston operation about a year ago. I met with him shortly after he took over, and I immediately knew he was not the right fit for the job. In the three months they had him before they fired him, he managed to get rid of all the good people in most of Autumn Leaves’ positions not only at the corporate level in Houston, but also in the Autumn Leaves facility in Cy Fair. My wife was never able to get to know any caregiver because of the high turnover. The first two years were good and stable, but the past year has gone down the tube. They did have good culinary people, who prepared good food. The facility was also clean and well maintained.

May 12, 2015

By Donna106046950

My dad's been at Autumn Leaves for two months now, and he is very happy. Everybody has been very helpful, and they are very nice. The room is small, but it was big enough to put his bed, a dresser, and a chair in. He's got the medium sized room, but he is never in it; he is always out. He used to sit in his room all day when he was at the retirement apartment and he didn't do anything but watch TV, but now he is up and about and doing all their activities. I just spoke with him today, and he really likes it. First off, he starts out with a good breakfast, and then they have exercise classes and singing. You get a calendar every month that lists everything and things that are for other families to join in or just the things that they do every day. I think there are three or four large TV rooms where people can sit and watch TV if that is what they want to do. They do have scheduled activities, and he really likes it. Of course, they had somebody going with him the first day showing him everything. I am happy, and he is happy. They have locked doors, and you have to sign in and out, but as a relative, you have your card and key, but the doors lock behind you. There are two things I liked most: one, it is right in my neighborhood, so it's only a few minutes away; and two, it never has smelled like a nursing home. It is clean and bright, they talk to the residents by their first name, and everybody that sees him was like, "Hi, Don. How are you doing?" I mean it is a constant thing, and I really have been quite happy with it. If you ask them, they'll say the food is not very good. On the other hand, they are all senior citizens, they have their own restrictions on diet, I'm sure most of the food is low on sodium, and I think that has a lot to do with it; they constantly seem to be trying to change it. They get different chefs that come in and, once a month, they have a family dinner where you come, they cook for you, you get to taste it, and as to that, what I've had has been really good. The dining area is small, but they have several different rooms. It is a small place, so it doesn't have a big dining room. Actually, I was afraid my dad wouldn't eat there because he never liked to do it at the other place he was at, but he is not having any issues with that. It is just a couple different rooms with different tables because it's a small place.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

• Features Extra: Library

• Pharma

• Minimum Age: None

About Addington Place of Cy-Fair

For the highest quality memory care in the Cy-Fair area, consider Addington Place of Cy-Fair. We don't simply care for people with Alzheimer's and other forms of dementia; we nurture them. At Addington Place of Cy-Fair, we understand that dementia care is not only about caring for the resident, but also about caring for residents' families, because dementia affects everyone in the family. Autumn Leaves of Cy-Fair is located on West Road near Barker Cypress and Queenston in Copperfield, just five miles from North Cypress Medical Center. Visit us today to see the Autumn Leaves difference.

Map of Addington Place of Cy-Fair