Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center G

Reviews of Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center G

Nursing Home Reviews for Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center G

March 02, 2015

By Annynomous1281

My mother is here. I could not ask for a more caring down to earth staff to take care The staff goes out of their way to make sure she is taken care of. It is a nursing home you will have problems from time to time, but I feel the nurses in the office Kelly & Judy take care of the problem promptly. I feel often people are hard on nursing homes and employees. It is what it is. If you loved one is taken care of, and happy, then I say that's more than enough. I cant take care of her at home and if you have put a loved one in a home then obviously you can't or don't want to either.

February 17, 2014

By roseo4

This company doesn't care about it's residents. They will lie and tell people anything they want to hear to get them to put their family in this place. A lot of promises and big talk, then after you find out its not all they say it is. Food is cheap starchy , and thrown together. Loud place, shouting over an intercom all day. residents do not look happy. The staff act like they are scared for their jobs. Not too many smiling faces .nurse aid has way too many patints and nurse seems to spend the whole shift doing computer work.I wouldn't want to live here.

November 30, 2012

By roze20

I have a close family member in here. I talk to her on almost a daily basis. When talking to her the other day, she was in a lot of pain and had rang for someone to come in. When they did she let me go but forgot to hang up the phone so I could here what was going on. She asked the CNA to help get her up as she is paralyzed and cannot move her feet but experiences leg cramps daily that only standing up will relieve, she was told NO...she then asked for several things and again was told NO and when the CNA left the room, my friend was told that she, the CNA was done with her and left..Now my friend told her she was afraid of her, this is not acceptable. I got hold of my friends husband and told him what I had heard..it was verbal abuse. He went to the director and told them and the director told him that the CNA lacked people skills...and her responsibility is working with people...the CNA was just transferred to another wing of legend oaks so she can continue to verbally abuse other patients. This just does not seem to be the correct way to handle a problem like this. Most of the CNA's at legend oaks are caring but this one is not and is most definitely in the wrong business. Another thing I notice is that the Hippa laws are ignored and patients and their problems are discussed where everyone can hear what they are saying...Are Hippa laws not observed in Texas as they are not being observed in this nursing home!

July 23, 2012

By Aitohe1

Overall, this facility is kept clean and tidy. Sometimes the halls will smell of human odors due to diapers being changed at certain times of the day, but it is usually taken care of fairly promptly. One problem I do see, and my grandfather complains about this all the time, is the food. It's edible, but it seems like they slop it together quickly which will end up with tater tots broken up to tiny pieces, meat is too dry and overcooked, food has no flavor, etc. However, this is an understandable mistake when it is considered how many mouths are being fed and the ratio of cooks to residents. The employees at Legend Oaks are always friendly and hospitable, they visit with my grandfather quite often. They may need some work with pairing roommates though, since it seems that sometimes they pair a more mentally agile person with someone in severe mental decline, and it sometimes causes problems between the two. This also is, however, something that cannot be helped at times. Especially times that they are at resident capacity. The employees do a very good job of transporting residents to physicians when need be. They work very quickly to get things taken care of. All in all, I am satisfied with the performance of the employees and owners of Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center. They are taking very good care of my grandfather.

Services and Amenities of Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center G

About Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center G

Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center G is a senior living provider in Gladewater, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center G for more details on services and rates.

Map of Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center G