Legacy at Georgetown

Reviews of Legacy at Georgetown

Assisted Living Reviews for Legacy at Georgetown

May 10, 2016

By ElaineKDGVN

The Legacy at Georgetown was very clean and very professional. We were introduced to the people that would take care of my mom on that shift and things were explained well. I really liked the person that did the tour. The executive director was very nice, very informative, and very professional. I was very impressed with the dining room, and the food was very good. The whole place was clean and upbeat. The rooms were just about the right size, and you can make them homey. I’ve been really impressed by it. You could keep busy there in all kinds of exercise classes, and they had a beauty shop, entertainment, happy hours, games like bingo, and people who come in to sing. They have housekeeping and church and just a variety of things.

Thank you so much for your kind words and honest review of our community! We cherish you and your momma.

May 10, 2016

By Caring Sister7

We visited The Legacy at Georgetown. The staff was very good, and the room was fine. However, we had some questions about the security.

April 13, 2016

By Hannansc

My mother (now 97) has lived in The Legacy since it opened in 8/2013. She originally lived in the assisted living area, but last month, transitioned to the memory care area. I usually visit 2-4 times a week, at various times during the day. The atmosphere is welcoming and tastefully appointed. Over the years, The Legacy has been consistently clean, meals are varied and well prepared. My mother has an ostomy and her cleanliness has never been an issue and she has always been treated with respect. The staff has changed over time, but always improving with the replacements. I know it is challenging to find and keep good employees, but The Legacy continues to strive to get and retain well trained and caring staff. The current staff (as of April 2016) is excellent. Although my mother usually does not participate in many activities, Kim continues to schedule a multitude of activities and entertainment for the residents. When making the decision to move from the assisted living to memory care, I received excellent guidance from Casey, Armida, and Ronnie. Since my mother’s move to memory care, Ronnie has been working with his staff to learn her specific needs and habits. I have found that the core staff is sincere in their caring for our family members. My mother enjoys living at The Legacy and continues to mention this and how the people are so nice and friendly.

January 19, 2016

By Anonymous Visitor4

My husband is at the Legacy in Georgetown. From maintenance down, everybody is fantastic. The food is good, and the cook is excellent, and they have an abundance of activities. It’s a really nice place, so I’m very happy. However, they are having some staffing issues right now, and that’s kind of an issue with me. If things don’t correct themselves, I am going to be moving him anyway because staffing is very important to me; these residents need a lot of care, and as they progress more into their issues, they become more incontinent, need to be cleaned better, and need more attention. The ratio is supposed to be 1 to 7, but lately, we’ve had a 1 to 14 ratio and the girls are worn out; they just can’t keep their pace. Right now, I’m not happy with the situation, but I have been in the past. The rooms are beautiful. I eat there, and the food is excellent. Everything is fine, except for the staffing issues.

Thank you for your honest review. Legacy at Georgetown does our best to hire and retain qualified, hard-working and caring people. Like any community, our goal is to provide plenty of good- no, the best- caregivers to give you peace of mind and trust that your husband is in good hands. We have done our best to fill those vacancies with good hands, and now I hope you see the difference.

September 01, 2015

By Dr. Laura Lamper

My parents moved to The Legacy in summer 2014, right before the facility introduced a new Executive Director and started going downhill. I moved my Mom and Dad out immediately after the ED permitted a med-aide to continue working who had been found guilty of purposefully overdosing residents. Other unsafe practices started to surface. Despite multiple staff and family complaints, nothing was done to protect residents from harm. The facility tries to compensate by presenting a visually appealing decor. I know other families went as far as contacting corporate with their concerns (Thrive Senior Living.) Corporate also did nothing. I am concerned for residents' safety here. Since we have left the Legacy I cannot begin to tell you the number of people we have met at other centers and in the home health care industry in our area who have negative things to say about The Legacy.

July 10, 2015

By kimhill

My grandmother was at at this facility for 2 years. It is beautiful but the quality of staff giving medications is not acceptable. I am a pharmacist and this facility has made multiple medication errors with my grandmother's medications. I moved her out yesterday and found 3 (yes 3!!) Exelon patches on her back. They did not remove the old patches before placing the new ones. I'm concerned for the safety of the residents in this facility.

February 20, 2015

By R345

My Father is living at the Legacy. I can truthfully say that the people here have turned my Dads life around. He went from bed ridden and reclusive to ambulatory and socially active . Dad tells me every time I see him how well he is treated. He likes the food and he likes his apartment. He is happy there and it makes me feel at ease. I don't normally leave comments but I just feel that others who may be in the same situtation we were in could benefit from hearing how nice it can be in the right place. Thank you Legacy for all you do for Dad. RPR

January 20, 2015

By Alison B

My mother was a resident at the Legacy at Georgetown, and I can't say enough good things--they bent over backwards to keep her engaged and happy, the accommodations were consistently well maintained, meals were served beautifully and activities were well designed. Communication with us was excellent and medical staff was attentive. Staff was always helpful and cheery, and clearly loved what they were doing. It gave us tremendous peace of mind to know she was there. My thanks to all!

August 31, 2014

My mother has been in the memory care unit at The Legacy for four months now. I think it is pretty good. However, I don't think they have enough activities for those people who are just having dementia. They separate them from the rest, who can do assisted living and can manage to go to the dining area by themselves. However, my poor little mom is not happy there and she wants out all the time because there's no one to talk to. They take them to breakfast, they put them in a room, watch TV, and that's it. They do tell me that they are looking into doing more activities with the heritage section, which is not quite the Alzheimer's section but the it’s the pre-Alzheimer's and little dementia section, but service is wonderful. They take very good care of her for me. So, I am very pleased with them. The staff is very caring. They are always willing to help and give suggestions and things. I feel very good about their staffing so far. The food is good except for the temperature. They do not have a warm cart, so most of the time by the time they reach the memory care section, the food is too cold, and my mother wants everything warm and hot. However, if my mother needs her food warm, they take it to the little office area that has a microwave, they will warm up her plate, and they bring it to her. So, they are very accommodating. They try to do the best they can with what they have, and I understand that they are actually looking into changing that system so that they can give the food to them warm and appropriate. Cleanliness is wonderful. In some places it just smells bad, but not at this place. Everything is maintained really clear and clean. Even when I am looking at other people's room as I am walking by and the doors are open, their rooms are nice, clean, neat, and maintained as my mother's room is. The maintenance is wonderful. She has a room and a living area, which are combined. She had a separate bedroom at first, but she couldn't manage because her memory was not helping her and she couldn't go from the bedroom to the living room. In the assisted living, they had a library, a theater, a workout room if they need it, and a game room. They have several garden areas that they can go out to. They have a balcony and rocking chairs. They have a separate dining area where you can actually let them know that you want to bring the family to eat with you. It is a nice dining area where everybody can sit together. It is separate from their dining area.

February 28, 2014

I just thought the Legacy was really nice. It's only about 10 months old. My mom's been there six days and I'm very pleased. The staff was very helpful and very nice. They're doing their job, helping her with the shower and also during dinner. I'm just very well pleased. I had lunch and dinner there. The food was very good. They have bingo, exercises at 10 in the morning, dominoes, art classes, a movie theater, a beauty salon, and they take them out on different excursions.

Memory Care Reviews for Legacy at Georgetown

Questions about Legacy at Georgetown

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Legacy at Georgetown. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is 80-85. The favorite game of the month is Bean Bag toss.

What programs or activities does Legacy at Georgetown offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer daily chair exercise and weekly yoga

What transportation services does Legacy at Georgetown offer to assisted living residents?

Our Legacy bus provides free transportation for our residents to doctor visits on Tuesday and Thursday.

What makes the chef or dining program at Legacy at Georgetown exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have daily specials for lunch and dinner, however, we also offer other items of choice.

What safety features or security measures does Legacy at Georgetown offer to assisted living residents?

Heritage Hall, our memory care suites are secured and have quiet sensors in each room.

If Legacy at Georgetown accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

small pets are allowed. $25 Pet Rent $500 Deposit

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly in-services and NIDE training for memory care

What safety features or security measures does Legacy at Georgetown provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a secured memory care.

Photos of Legacy at Georgetown

Services and Amenities of Legacy at Georgetown

About Legacy at Georgetown

Legacy at Georgetown is a senior living provider in Georgetown, Texas that offers residents Assisted Living and Memory Care. Contact Legacy at Georgetown for more details on services and rates.

Map of Legacy at Georgetown