Village on the Park - Friendswood

Reviews of Village on the Park - Friendswood

Independent Living Reviews for Village on the Park - Friendswood

June 10, 2015

By Elizabeth112061250

The staff was very friendly at Village on the Park. I saw them interact with the residents, and they were very active. It was very clean, and it smelled good. It was a very beautiful place. They showed me two rooms. The shared room was very spacious, very nice, and very clean. The single room was also very spacious with a full bath. The colors were bright. They had bingo.

November 21, 2014

Village on the Park is about 5 minutes from my house. The staff is very good. It is an independent living facility, but they do have a dining room and people that work there. They also have the front desk people and a social director, and they are all very good. They just remodeled the dining room, and it is very nice. They have waiters who bring the food to your table. As far as the apartment, it is a little small, and my mother lives in a 2,500-square foot home, so this 600-squre feet space seems small but it is adequate. They have activities like bingo, trips, entertainers, ice cream socials, and parties. I think they can improve on communication. Because it is an independent living place, it is not as secure as some places, but my mother is OK because she's not wandering around. They do have someone at the front desk 24 hours a day. So, that works out OK.

September 16, 2014

By Kris6

My grandmother moved in at Village on the Park in March. My mother chose it because she was starting to come down with Alzheimer's. They have a game room and a salon, where you can get your hair done. They have movies. They have three meals a day but you can also have food inside your own apartment. The dining room is nice. My grandmother has a one-bedroom-one-bathroom. It has a little kitchen area, a living room, and a bedroom with a full bathroom. The staff is very nice. Apparently, my mom's relationship with the caretakers who are around is really good because with any problems, they will call her and communicate well with her and let her know what's going on. Overall, Village on the Park is a really nice community. If my mother would have to live there, I would put her there. Also my grandmother has a couple of friends there. The ones she grew up with just so happen to be there too, so she is not alone.

January 23, 2014

My dad has been there for three years now. It seemed to be what he needed. They have a dining room and apartment. He has a kitchen but he just chooses to go to the dining room. He complained a little bit about the food but other than that he’s happy there. They just need to improve on the food because it’s not all that great. If they hire different people it might get better.

September 19, 2013

By Carol70114650

We were invited to have lunch and tour at the Village on the Park. The staff was very nice and pleasant and the food was delicious. I think they have a chef there. It's a large facility and it has skilled nursing, assisted living together with independent living. The independent living that I did see was basically a bedroom and a bathroom. That is not what I was looking for and it was not appealing to me.

October 13, 2012

By watson2007

Village on the Park is a wonderful facilty. The staff is welcoming and loving. They provide transportation to church, dr's visits, ect in limos. The facility provides all kinds of activities for their residents. The food in the cafeteria is very good and they even have servers to wait on the residents. I was very impressed with the facility with 2 family memebers spending their final days enjoying living there.

Questions about Village on the Park - Friendswood

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Village on the Park - Friendswood. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents come from many different walks of life. Each has so much to offer to our Village On The Park family. We have many that have lived in this area for many years, but also many that have moved here to be closer to their families! They have chosen to be proud Texans! Our average age is in the early 80's , however, there are many in their 70's also.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are only 25 minutes from Historic Galveston Island, 20 min from downtown Houston, 10 minutes from Baybrook Shopping Mall, 20 min from the 2nd largest Buc-ee’s in Texas, 20 min from Hobby Airport and several restaurants as well as an abundance of shopping opportunities.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Village on the Park - Friendswood has organized?

We visit many different entertainment venues. We enjoy visiting the abundance of museums in Houston and Galveston as well as many different cultural sites. We attend musical events as well as plays in the Houston and Bay Area.

What transportation services does Village on the Park - Friendswood offer to independent living residents?

Although many of our residents currently drive, we offer driving services to the Doctor's offices within a 15-mile radius, grocery shopping, as well as visiting many of the local retailers and stores. We have visited the Houston Police Department, as well as their Air Support Terminal, the Bay Area Equestrian Center and much more. We also drive to the local Walgreens, banks and the Dollar Tree.

What makes the chef or dining program at Village on the Park - Friendswood exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our dining program is unique in the sense that we provide all three meals as well as snacks throughout the day. Our breakfast is a buffet of wonderful delights! You can also have your breakfast made to order. We offer two soups, two salads and two entrees at lunch and dinner as well as an ala carte menu and a wonderful display of desserts.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We consider our common areas to be an extension of the residents' apartments. We offer the use of the parlour, solarium, activity room, chapel, exercise room, game room, library, private dining room and many other areas.

What safety features or security measures does Village on the Park - Friendswood offer to independent living residents?

Our exit doors are auto locking and the front desk is manned 24 hours a day.

If Village on the Park - Friendswood accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We accept our resident's pet companions and they are able to enjoy the courtyards and grassy areas that surround the building. The residents are asked to keep their pets in their apartment or in these outdoor areas. They are required to have a patio apartment.

Does Village on the Park - Friendswood work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We are very excited to say that we have a Home Health Care Agency that resides in our building to take care of your needs.

Costs for Village on the Park - Friendswood

Photos of Village on the Park - Friendswood

Services and Amenities of Village on the Park - Friendswood

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• About Village on the Park - Friendswood

Here, family, friends, and neighbors come together to enjoy the best years of their lives. Our caring atmosphere, quality amenities, and healthy home-style meals enable older adults to be happier and healthier than they would be living alone.

We like to say that “the fun never sets” in our community. From regular physical activity and games, to a wide range of social activities and excursions, there is always something fun to do. We create an energetic, positive environment for having fun, making memories, and continuing to stretch your mind and body.

Map of Village on the Park - Friendswood