Pinewood Hills

Reviews of Pinewood Hills

Independent Living Reviews for Pinewood Hills

February 07, 2017

By Frank742051

Pinewood Hills is our first choice; it's absolutely beautiful, and all of the first-floor have direct access outside without the encumbrance of a porch. We were very impressed with the facility. It's close to all our current doctors and medical facility.

November 08, 2016

By Mary677566

Pinewood Hills has a fantastic meal service, and the food is excellent there. I liked the community spirit very much. As far as the amenities, they have a room you can see movies in, a library, and a cards room. However, these were not as nice as the other places. They had an extremely small room that I adored because it had a great view, and I also had a friend there.

November 02, 2016

By Connie423826

My visit with Pinewood Hills was good. It was very clean and very nice. The staff was accommodating and knowledgeable. However, what we did not like about it was that it was all inclusive things, and it was three meals a day with a set menu, and that was not what we wanted. My mother-in-law did not eat three meals a day, and that was not good. They also included weekly housekeeping, and for a little tiny apartment, you know, in a weekly housekeeping, it would be a surprise that for a lot of wasted stuff. So, that’s what we did not like about it. It had too much included in the price.

October 11, 2016

By Belinda114052

My father has moved into Pinewood Hills. It’s wonderful. The facility, the staff, the food, the homes -- they’re all wonderful. They have daily activities. Food is excellent.

October 11, 2016

By Laura131860

We already have my mother at Pinewood Hills. I like the management team, the cleanliness, and the food. They have great staff. They have bus trips, they have health and wellness, and they have bingo, arts and crafts, social events, and outings.

August 17, 2016

By Cynthia486132

Pinewood Hills' staff was really superb, not just with me but with everyone else. The residents I saw were older and were not as friendly. This was the least friendly place I visited. The place was very nice. All of the places I’ve been to were all laid out the same. The only thing that was different was the decor. It was very nice and elegant. The grounds were very well kept.

August 15, 2016

By Linda663220

I had a great tour experience at Pinewood Hills. It was a lovely place with lots of amenities. All of the things that I wanted, they offer. They provide three meals a day as a food option and cleaning every week. It’s a little far from the places that I want to go. Overall, it’s a great place.

December 31, 2015

By Julie118340150

I liked Pinewood Hills because it looked sort of homey on the outside. They said my mother could have her dog and live on the first floor where we could set up a temporary privacy tent so her dog could go out and she wouldn't have to. I thought that it was clean and well-taken care of, and I liked the management that I met. I liked this place a lot. They mentioned all kinds of activities right there in the game room, and they have events in the evening, like family dinners and that kind of stuff.

October 24, 2015

By Vickie10

Pinewood Hills looked very clean. Its staff was courteous, and even the residents were very nice. It had kind of a hotel atmosphere where there was still some privacy for the residents. They had opportunities for games and socializing, which I liked. I only saw a studio apartment, which was small but seemed fine. I liked that is had a little kitchenette with a full fridge and cabinets. The dining area was very large and nice. They had separate rooms for activities, like a pool table, rec-room, and then they have bingo and karaoke. I liked the location; it was close to shopping and doctors’ offices. Everything was good, and the price was comparable, but their down-payment is a little expensive.

August 08, 2015

Pinewood Hills is a suitable place. I think it is a fine place to live, but for the cost, it is not anywhere up to the level it probably should be. It is not bad -- good people, good place. It is settled in a very peaceful community. There are beautiful trees surrounding the property and large grassy courtyard areas that gives it a very homey feeling, so that is a plus. The staff does endeavor to reach out, connect, and help the residents involved in activities. There is also a good support for residents there whether for doctors' visits, going to the grocery, or shopping. They do have excellent support for those types of things.

June 26, 2014

By Joan88876050

Pinewood Hills is a very clean facility, and the staff has been very helpful. They have activities, like they do barbecue outdoors and they have a hair salon in there. They also have games and do exercises. They also have transportation to areas and to the senior center.

June 17, 2014

By Maggie17

Pinewood Hills stands out. The rooms are nice. It backs up to a creek; it's not in the middle of a city. It's very aesthetically pleasing. The staff is very nice, very accommodating. I understand they have a chef on site. It has a lot of amenities. There are 2 floors worth of activities. They have a cute little store where they sell everything for a dollar to the residents. If your loved one were to visit another city, they could go and stay in another property that that company owns for free.

May 30, 2014

By Caring84203750

Mom is in Pinewood Hills. We like the facility a lot. Everybody's kind of a family there. Their owners live on the property, so they are always available. It is really a nice place. My mom has a one-bedroom apartment. It has a nice room size. The kitchen is not a full kitchen, but it has a full refrigerator and a microwave. They provide three meals, and their food is OK. They provide transportation. They have a lot of activities. They have all kinds of bridge and card games going on all the time. They have puzzles. They have people come in and sing. They have a piano bar. There is a list of 6 or 7 activities that you can do all the time. There is an old chapel there and movie theater. They have a place for a washer and dryer. They do the cleaning services and wash the linens, but you are responsible for everything else. The place is well kept.

April 09, 2014

By Curt3

The residents at Pinewood Hills were very friendly. They would help you get into it. They were helpful in making you welcome. The staff was superb. The only problem I had for myself was I'm in a wheelchair, and they had really nice carpet in all the rooms. It may be hard for me to get through the rooms. The apartments were really nice and clean. The food was really good.

March 27, 2014

By Clint4

I was able to visit Pinewood Hills, and it was a wonderful facility. They toured me around the whole community, and it's very clean. Their rooms are also very clean. About everything I saw at the time I was there, there was nothing I could say was negative. Everything is good. If my mom would want to move somewhere, this would be the place I would consider. I would definitely put them at the top of the list. I remember they had a calendar that showed activities. I also saw a gentleman who was singing Christmas songs. The residents were very friendly, and they were encouraging her to come to the facility, and they would make her welcome.

Questions about Pinewood Hills

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Pinewood Hills. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Walmart, Walgreens, YMCA & Flower Mound Sr. Center, and retail stores.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Pinewood Hills has organized?

A monthly trip to Win-star Casino, local restaurants, museums, wineries, and mystery trips are always nice surprises!

What transportation services does Pinewood Hills offer to independent living residents?

Our residents can take advantage of the complimentary transportation to help them get around town. The scheduled shuttle can take residents to stores, doctor appointments, dining, or group outings

What makes the chef or dining program at Pinewood Hills exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Beautiful newly remodeled dining room & foyer w/ seating, activities room w/ computer & full kitchen, library, movie room, chapel, Salon, exercise room & a second activity room upstairs w/ pool table and tables for games, dominos, etc.

What safety features or security measures does Pinewood Hills offer to independent living residents?

If Pinewood Hills accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Pinewood Hills work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Pinewood Hills

Photos of Pinewood Hills

Services and Amenities of Pinewood Hills

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Basic Cable, Electric, Gas, Water
  • Independent Living Starting At: $2035/month

• Housing Extra: Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Washer Dryer Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Hot Tub, Storage Space, Parking: Garage

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Pinewood Hills

Pinewood Hills is located in Flower Mound, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Pinewood Hills for a visit...and stay!

Map of Pinewood Hills