The Village at Valley Creek

The Village at Valley Creek (844) 325-8230

Reviews of The Village at Valley Creek

Memory Care Reviews for The Village at Valley Creek

September 30, 2014

Autumn Leaves was a nice place. I thought it was fine. It was relatively new and everything was clean. I understood the difficulty with the amount of patients that somebody has to deal with; I don’t know that I have a bad taste in my mouth. The thing that kind of concerned me was the fact that they were really not prepared for her. One of the people that was working there told me that probably this was not the place for Alice -- that she needed 24 hour nursing care. She developed severe diarrhea and dehydration. The problem started at home. It wasn’t that they were ignoring her or anything like that. I just had to transfer her. I just told them that probably she could get better care if she was in a place where there’s 24 hour nursing. I wasn’t aware of any objections to it. I think they recognized too. I never felt that they were trying to talk me out of it or anything like that. It was kind of apparent to me that some of the help were just young ladies that were trained to help take care of people. I just don’t feel that I can make complete judgment on it because on my side I realized I was just concerned about Alice and how they were taking care of her. I have a pass card that I can just come in anytime and can stay long as I want. I was encouraged to come and share a meal with her. I thought the meals were pretty good, and most of the time I didn’t help her in the cafeteria. They were allowed to go to a recreation room. I know the first time I brought her there, she thought we were going out to eat. That was kind of nice. So in that respect again, I thought that was a good thing to do. I don’t think I would be hesitant to recommend somebody to look into that place.

October 16, 2012

By Yank1

I have been to this facility many times. I have been for short visits and very long visits. The administrator knows her residents and doesn't stay in her office all the time. The staff is always pleasant towards the residents. Having worked in an assisted living and worked in the memory care unit I know how hard and over whelming it can get at times. This place is one of the best I have been to.
See all Memory Care reviews (6) See fewer reviews

Questions about The Village at Valley Creek

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Bi Monthly training is completed by each staff member.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have 5 staff members on first and second shift and 4 staff members overnight.

What programs or activities does The Village at Valley Creek offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We love music and singing! Starting our day with daily devotions is a great way to get us all together. Chair Chi is good to energize us safely. Pet therapy is a plus and brings back so many memories of past pets or just a new friend to love on. Mind aerobics, games and trivia as well as crafternoon time keeps our residents engaged.

Our wonderful nurse assesses our resident's health and cognitive function. We also have two Doctors that come in house... always family's preference to use a doctor in house or continue with a physician outside our community. A Podiatrist comes in quarterly as well.

What techniques does The Village at Valley Creek use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Our meals are 95 percent from scratch. Families are always welcome in for a meal at no charge. We have smaller dining areas to have the family feel. With our beautifully colored tableware that stimulates appetite to our beverage choices and specialized meal planing for each resident we have seen mealtime enjoyed.

How does The Village at Valley Creek keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

With our care staff and nurse in direct care of our residents we are sure to keep each family informed of their loved one's health and well being. With care plans with each family and an open door policy our communication is wonderful.

Describe the neighborhood around The Village at Valley Creek . Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The Village at Valley Creek is less than a mile from Medical City Denton and close to many dining and shopping areas.

Is The Village at Valley Creek affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We have three hospitals within 5-20 minutes away from the community.

Costs for The Village at Valley Creek

Photos of The Village at Valley Creek

Services and Amenities of The Village at Valley Creek

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

About The Village at Valley Creek

Our Memory Care program offers a safe environment for seniors with memory challenges. We aim to help maintain each person’s unique sense of self by honoring his or her life experiences. Care is based on Alzheimer’s Association guidelines to create a soothing, tranquil atmosphere that gives residents a sense of comfort, dignity, and well-being in a familiar, home-like setting.

Memory care residents live in their own private or semi-private apartment homes with plenty of space to allow families to decorate with cherished items and memorabilia to create all the comforts of home. Staff is trained to get to know each resident on a personal level so that every day is filled with activities that celebrate each resident’s own lifetime achievements, successes, and accomplishments.

Map of The Village at Valley Creek