Attiva Denton-Active Living by Cortland

Reviews of Attiva Denton-Active Living by Cortland

Independent Living Reviews for Attiva Denton-Active Living by Cortland

November 05, 2016

By Jenny160266

My parents are currently living at Attiva, and it was great when they first moved in five years ago. When the new company bought it, they increased the rent, and you see people moving out like crazy because they couldn’t afford it. They had a regular 2-bedroom apartment. They had potluck dinners and birthday dinners, but they are changing a lot of things to activities not geared toward older people. The work attitude of the staff was very poor.
Jenny, I am new to Attiva Denton and would welcome to have a chance to meet you and your parents! I would love to discuss renewal or transfer options and address your concern of a rent increase. We are doing a renovation of not only the clubhouse but also our apartment home interiors. Through this process we currently have a portion of the clubhouse closed for construction but our media room and bistro remain open. We still have birthday dinners once a month, and have our next potluck scheduled for 11/23. Please let us know if we need to drop off the event calendar. I look forward to meeting you and having the opportunity to discuss any concerns you and your parents may have. Please come by our office or email me at AttivaDenton@cortlandpartners.com Sincerely, Ashley Baxley Community Manager

February 21, 2016

By A Fellow Reviewer120810450

I have decided on Bridgemoor Apartment in Denton (Bridgemoor at Denton). It is excellent and close to shopping and grocery stores. The people are friendly. It seems like it’s going to be a great place for my dad and myself. I haven’t lived their yet, but the room looked a lot nicer than what I expected. The kitchen and the floor were nice. It looked like a good place to live.

June 25, 2015

By Suzie5

Bridgemoor at Denton has everything that the other place I was living in had except that they don't cook meals, which is fine. It is $1200 a month instead of $3200 a month. I have a two bedroom, two baths with a garage. It is so hot in Denton, but we are up in the mountains right now at 9000 feet where it is cool. I am under a year contract to stay there. The biggest asset was that they were willing to accept my two dogs and two cats. That is the problem I had since no one was willing to take my animals. With my husband's Alzheimer's, the animals were very important. They have everything. They have a swimming pool, a hot tub, and a pool table. They play poker, and they play cards. They have a theater room and an exercise room. They have internet available, so they have everything.

August 17, 2013

It was very nice. The people were nice and they gave me a nice tour. It was very pleasant and all that, but for me, it was not spacious enough. I needed more space. It's a pretty tightly knit place. I felt too crowded and too cramped and that's saying just for myself. Other people might not feel that way. They have a wonderful clubhouse kind of thing and a pool. They have a very nice door and a living area where people can sit in and a couple of tables where you can be together. There are some amenities there that are very attractive. But at the same time for me, I just felt like that was not what I needed.

Questions about Attiva Denton-Active Living by Cortland

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Attiva Denton-Active Living by Cortland. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We are a 55+ Active Adult Community.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Easy Access to I-35 with convenience to Grocery Store, Retail, & Restaurants

What transportation services does Attiva Denton-Active Living by Cortland offer to independent living residents?

N/A - Public Transportation Nearby

What makes the chef or dining program at Attiva Denton-Active Living by Cortland exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

No, there is a Starbucks Complimentary Coffee Bar

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Attiva Denton features the following amenities: Brand New Resident Clubhouse, Resort-Inspired Pool, Wii Fit Active Media Center, Resident Club House, Theater, Lounge, Outdoor Kitchen, Fitness Center, and Elevate Fitness Classes

What safety features or security measures does Attiva Denton-Active Living by Cortland offer to independent living residents?

Access Control Gates. Carport and Garages Available.

Does Attiva Denton-Active Living by Cortland work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Photos of Attiva Denton-Active Living by Cortland

Services and Amenities of Attiva Denton-Active Living by Cortland

• Fee Structure Extra: Rent Plus Utilities.

About Attiva Denton-Active Living by Cortland

Experience Attiva Denton, a premier apartment community in Denton, Texas, reinventing senior housing by setting a new standard for excellence for active 55-plus seniors.

The single story architectural style of our senior living community seamlessly blends modern comfort and unconditional support. At Attiva Denton, our focus is personal wellness, social interaction, and intellectual fulfillment for all residents. We offer a variety of one and two bedroom apartments in a selection of three unique floor plans.

Our amenities are unparalleled! Take a dip in our swimming pool with waterfall, socialize around our outdoor fireplace, or unwind after a long day in our cool and relaxing movie theatre.

Map of Attiva Denton-Active Living by Cortland