The Waterford at Deer Park Deer Park, TX

Offers Independent Living

201 McDermott Street, Deer Park, TX 77536
The Waterford at Deer Park (800) 385-2527
Important COVID-19 Information Last updated: 4/27

Open for tours! Limit of 2 people (e.g., potential resident + 1), who will be screened for symptoms. Community tours will avoid any contact with current residents. Virtual tours and online photo albums also available; see Caring.com web page for URLs.

Reviews of The Waterford at Deer Park

Independent Living Reviews for The Waterford at Deer Park

September 25, 2015

By cummings61

My mom has recently moved into The Waterford and loves it! She is recently widowed after 63 years, so this was a very difficult decision to move her 300 miles from home. I wanted her closer to me since she is almost 83. This was the best decision we could have made. The facility is so clean and the employees are extremely nice and caring. The activities are great including bingo, bridge and the ice cream socials. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who needs a place they can trust!

November 07, 2014

By Susan101397550

My mother lived at The Waterford at Deer Park, and it's a very nice facility. The staff are very friendly and very helpful. I would recommend them. The rooms are good enough, not really huge.

May 29, 2014

I was very pleased with The Waterford at Deer Park. Their amenities were great. The rooms were fantastic. The prices were, I would say, 25-30% less than the other places I visited. It was just a fantastic place. The staff was excellent. They were very personable. It was not so much that they were trying to sell me something; they were wanting to find a place that would be a good fit for my mother. The rooms were incredible. They were spacious. The floor plan of the entire facility was very well thought out. The dining facilities were excellent. I absolutely would recommend this community to others. Their entertainments for their residents were outstanding too. They have a bus that will take them shopping or take them to the doctor. Once a month, they will even take them to casinos if they want to go.

October 13, 2013

By Sue27

My mom chose The Waterford at Deer Park because it was close to our family and it had the things she needed. The staff were caring and friendly. The rooms were spacious and clean. The overall atmosphere was very clean too.

Questions about The Waterford at Deer Park

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Waterford at Deer Park. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our residents is 80. Our residents are very involved with their local Deer Park community. They love to garden in our patio area. They plan their own social events and get together's (outside of our planned activity schedule).

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

There are several very active senior centers nearby. Many of our residents participate in art classes and other cultural activities.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Waterford at Deer Park has organized?

We recently planned a trip for our residents to go to the casinos in Lake Charles!

What transportation services does The Waterford at Deer Park offer to independent living residents?

We provide transportation to doctors appointments and shopping.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Waterford at Deer Park exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our meals are one of the areas that makes us stand out above the rest! We have restaurant style dinning with an always available menu and specials of the day.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have an activities room, game room, library, salon, and gym. We also have a beautiful garden and patio area the residents take care of.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Deer Park offer to independent living residents?

We have staff 24/7. Locked doors at night. Pendants for emergencies.

If The Waterford at Deer Park accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have plenty of green space for pets to enjoy.

Does The Waterford at Deer Park work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have a private care company on site to manage any care residents may need.

Photos of The Waterford at Deer Park

Services and Amenities of The Waterford at Deer Park

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About The Waterford at Deer Park

Let your search for quality Independent Living lead to The Waterford at Deer Park. Our community in Deer Park, Texas, offers residents the privacy and freedom to live the way they choose in a rich, warm environment that fosters companionship. Residents can say goodbye to home maintenance and housework while enjoying a relaxed lifestyle with weekly housekeeping services and staff members that are on call 24 hours a day. Our studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans are loaded with desired amenities including kitchens with full-sized appliances and spacious walk-in closets along with emergency call buttons that provide peace of mind for residents and their family and friends. Comfortable common areas invite residents to participate in a full calendar of activities and social programs within our community, while our convenient location less than 30 minutes from downtown Houston and courtesy transportation are perfect reasons to get out and enjoy the wealth of shopping, dining and entertainment options available in the "birthplace of Texas."

Map of The Waterford at Deer Park