Whiterock Court

Reviews of Whiterock Court

Independent Living Reviews for Whiterock Court

March 17, 2020

By DS

The staff at Whiterock Court treated us very well, was very hospitable, very thorough, friendly, and did a very good job of showing us around. The only concern is we would have to move in order to receive more advanced services. The apartments were very adequate, and it's the area in which we would like to retire. It's very nice. The facility including the dining area was clean and pleasant.

Hello! We are so glad you are considering our community! We aim to offer an amazing experience by providing 3 delicious and nutritious meals a day, light weekly housekeeping, and a variety of engaging activities. We are an independent senior living community, however, our residents do have the option of hiring third party caregivers should they need them. We'd love to welcome you back for another visit and would be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

December 20, 2019

By Leann

My parents chose Whiterock Court. We like it, it's a nice place, the people who live there and the staff members are friendly and helpful, and the food is great. The apartment is nice and roomy and the services are great. It's also located in a beautiful wooded area which my dad loves. They just really loved everything about it. They will be in independent living but they still receive quite a bit of services. Their meals are provided and cooked for them, they get housekeeping and laundry services, and they have transportation to many locations. They also have things like church services there, there's a barber shop and salon where you can have your hair done, and other things as well. They have lots and all kinds of activities for the residents. They have a game room, movie areas, ice cream socials, book club, they do all kinds of things. They have a little store that comes in, people come in and sell things for them, they also do outdoor things if you want to go outside. We were there during lunch time, so we were able to eat lunch and meet with the residents. It was nice. The staff members were very sweet, they were very helpful and knowledgeable. My parents enjoyed the food and liked it, I thought it was fine though not really gourmet.

December 13, 2019

By Sarah

We really liked Whiterock Court and we went back several times. I was very pleased with the interaction with the staff. They knew everyone's names, introduced me to the residents, and they talked to me about the habits and different things they got to know about the residents that my brother might like because they have it in common. They were willing to have vinyl flooring instead of carpets, which is going to be a big help for him. I was pleased with their accommodation and their willingness to get to know more about you. The room was a 1-bedroom about 540 square feet with a bathroom, it only has a kitchenette but there's a full-sized refrigerator. They can put him in contact with reading, and he really likes the idea of getting to meet the chef because he loves to cook in his day. He can't wait to share stories with the chef and really looking forward to that. I like that they had 3 meals a day, if he wants to cook they have a kitchen that you can cook in. They were having a staff chili cook-off and everybody got to vote on the cook-off, and I thought that was very wonderful.

February 25, 2019

By Rebecca

Whiterock Court was really nice, very clean, and well-kept. The staff we talked to was very nice. They have a lot of different activities.

March 06, 2018

By Mike

Whiterock Court is a top-notch place that's conveniently located. The rooms were better than the other communities we saw, and the layout was good. I liked that the apartments were about 100 feet from the dining hall. The staff member was very good at what she did and knew all about the property. We had a meal there, and the food was pretty good. I saw the menu, and they had more food choices. They also had some a la carte choices that you can get any time.

Hi Mike, we really appreciate the awesome review! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We hope to be of service to you again in the future!

November 19, 2016

By GrammieJean

Whiterock Court was very pleasant, and I felt very comfortable there. I could not have had a better experience, and it was fantastic. There was nothing that we asked that they didn’t provide for us as far as information and ability to look at things. There was even one lady who gave me her cell phone number saying I should call her if I decided to move there. I was extremely pleased with Whiterock Court. They had a pool table, card games, book clubs, and other physical activities. I was interested in their fitness room, and there was someone there who will be attending to immediate needs -- kind of like an on-site assessment-- so that anyone who needed more care than what they could give could immediately be transported to that location, and that was a real plus. What was a negative was that a few days after, my daughter was out shopping, and where she was shopping, there was a woman who didn't know where she was and had her car there but didn't know how to get back to where she lived. My daughter talked to her, and it turned out that the woman lived in Whiterock Court. There was no one there who could come and rescue the woman or drive over there and have her follow them back. It made my daughter go, "No, that's not the place for you."

November 14, 2016

By Suzanne287764

I went to a happy hour at Whiterock Court. It was OK, but it was unlike the other community. At that time, they had a couple of Western singers there that day that I listened to. It was nice, but the clientele looked really old to me, so I wasn’t that interested. It’s not something that I really wanted to live. The dining area was OK.

October 13, 2016

By Julie144346

Whiterock Court was a much larger facility. It was a very nice facility. It was clean. The director that we met was very professional.

July 29, 2016

By L.M.

I know someone from Whiterock Court, so I was able to see the place not as an official visit. The place was fine and clean. My friend’s apartment was fine. I was able to eat there, and the food was good. Their dining room looked nice.

May 10, 2016

By MarkLSMWN

Whiterock Court is very nice, very clean, well decorated, and well laid out. It is just a nice facility. The room is a one-bedroom, which is what we want. There is a small kitchenette. They have nice program with things going on all of the time.

April 25, 2016

By Richard123660350

Whiterock Court was nice, but they lied on the price. When the chef says you can't have so much food, why would I want to go there? There are two garbage bins on the right side, and parking on the other side. They could put in two elevators, not just one.

Hello Richard123660350, My name is Katie, and I'd like to thank you for reaching out and sharing your experiences with us! We are concerned around your comments about pricing, and hope you won't hesitate to reach out to our Resident Relations team any time to share more about this, and any other comments or pieces of feedback you may wish to share. We can be reached by phone at 800-370-8331, or email at resident.relations@holidaytouch.com. We wish you the best of luck in your search for senior housing, and look forward to hearing from you soon! Thank you once again for coming out to visit, and please take good care!

March 08, 2016

By Claudia21

I was at Whiterock and spoke with a nice gentleman who was there. The place was quite nice in a wooded area. I saw their dining area, and everything looked very comfortable, very clean, and hygienic. I did not see any security people, but the place looked very secure and nice; it has to be secure because it’s not easy to get to.

June 28, 2015

By John109511850

I went to visit Whiterock Court. I had lunch with them, and it was very good. The facilities were very clean, very nice, very appropriate, and very inviting. The people I met were welcoming and friendly. They impressed me very much. I think they were very good. I would recommend it to anybody.

January 24, 2015

My son is living in Whiterock Court now. Whiterock Court is very good. I would give you an excellent recommendation for it. Everything there is very good. The food is good. The people who look after you are good. The maid service is good. The entire organization is good. I would recommend it highly.

April 29, 2014

My dad was at Whiterock Court for two weeks. They told us that they give transportation from their facility to anywhere within the 10 mile radius. They said they have buses capable of transporting my dad, but they didn?t. The quality of food went down tremendously because I believe they lost their chef. There is no mention of breakfast starting at 8 to 9, but he had to be in a full dress attire. If you go down in your pajamas or sweat pants, the staff would tell you to go up and change or you would not be allowed to have meals. I think it could be more helpful if they could be more transparent about what they can truly offer for a resident.

Hello, thank you for taking the time to rate and review our community. We regret to hear of your experience and are confident this does not represent our community as a whole. Our dining programs had gone through a complete overhaul and receives very positive feedback from residents. We appreciate you sharing your feedback and thoughts on our community and hope to get a second chance to show you how great our leadership is. Thank you

April 29, 2014

We really enjoyed our visit at White Rock Court with my son. The people we talked to were very nice. I'm so disabled I have to walk with a walker, so I'm not going to be doing much activity, like exercising. I'm 81 years old. The apartments that I've seen were pretty large. We like a large apartment, too. There were two floors and I like that it's big enough. It all looked very nice. We were very much impressed.

January 31, 2014

By Ted3

I'm moving into Whiterock Court by the end of the month. It's closer to my family. It was a little high, but it was lower than some of the other places I looked at. I dealt with one person who was very helpful. I could tell that all the people who waited in the dining area were very friendly, kind and helpful. They serve 3 meals a day, have exercise classes, library, and good transportation provision to doctors and stores. There are lot of interaction among the residents playing bridge, and dominoes. I like everything that I was exposed to. They were very kind.

January 30, 2014

I had my brother spent a week with me in Whiterock and it wasn't appropriate for him. That's more of a retirement center and what he needed was a nursing home really. The person that talked to us about using the facility for him assured me that they could take care of all his needs. She also insisted that one of us stayed with him for a week until he got adjusted. The facility was very nice and very clean, the people were very friendly, and the food was wonderful, but they had no other services. My brother had a nurse that come into the home and we did get that service started during the week I was there, but I still had to help him bathe, help him eat, etc. He fell in the lunch room once and they had to call the fire department to get him up. It was a total nightmare. I really felt like they knew that he couldn't manage there, but we're so enthusiastic about having him there and the services they could provide that we decided to give it a try. However, after a week, I knew he couldn?t manage on his own. It was a very nice facility for a retired person that had no disability of any kind. I would even like to live there myself under those conditions but it was totally inappropriate for my brother. Once I talked to the manager and told him how inappropriate I thought it was and he agreed because he had seen the fall in the dining hall, they did return all the money, which is a plus. Regarding accommodations, my brother had a one-bedroom and he had his own bath. It also had a very small kitchen. There was no stove but there was a microwave and a living room area that was a continuation of the kitchen area. They said that they will provide furniture until we're sure that we're going to stay and they brought in a bed. I'm about 5 feet tall and I would say this bed had at least 3-1/2 to 4 feet tall mattress. I had to really work to get on the bed. He is short as I am, so I said that he can' do this. So they brought in a folding bed with a very thin mattress that was not appropriate but he slept on it for a week. As for their food, it was really good. They did have a nice variety. There were three meals a day and the service was wonderful. It was like being in an upscale restaurant. However, when he fell, I had to bring the food up to his room. For activities, during that week, I was aware of very little in the way of a program. They announced every morning that there was exercise in a room. However, they just came in and put on a video and then you just follow along. They had a program where someone was playing a piano and a group was singing along to kind of old-fashioned songs. Those were the only things I saw in the way of entertainment.

Hello, thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share about your experience with our community. While we may not have ended up being a good fit for your brother at this time, we greatly appreciate the kind words about our community. Thank you

November 28, 2013

Whiterock Court was really nice and I enjoyed the surroundings. The apartments were really nice. The staff that I met were friendly, but the residents weren’t in my energy level. It was more than assisted living rather than a retirement community and I don’t need assisted living.

October 24, 2013

By Debbie49

Whiterock Court was a very nice and clean facility. I liked that its location was more in a residential neighborhood and had lots of big trees around. It seemed really peaceful and quiet. The staff spent a lot of time with me, answering all my questions and showing me around. I ate lunch there and there I saw that the residents seemed to be very happy and enjoying themselves. They were talking with each other and interacting. The staff went around and talked to the residents. The food was good and you had a couple other options also if there was something you didn't like. The dining area was very cheerful and well-maintained. The tables were set very nicely with nice silverware and plates.

September 23, 2013

By Anne27

Mom is now at Whiterock Court and it is a regular retirement Center. She sings in the choir and is a member of their coral. They do concert and other activities. They do take them out to eat with their bus and my mother enjoys that, but their bus is not a handicap accessible bus. Considering almost half of their residents are on walkers or scooters they should have made some provisions. She needs a little extra help so we are looking into a lady coming in and helping her.

August 14, 2013

The total price includes three meals a day. These three meals are fixed from scratch by a chef so it's better than other institutional food. If you use their linen, they wash the linen once a week. They do light housekeeping as well including vacuuming and cleaning the bathroom. They also furnish toilet tissue. The electricity is included in the price as well as the water, trash and basic cable. As far as I know, everything has been top notch from the managers all the way to the servers. Everyone I've heard anything about has been very helpful.

July 11, 2013

By caring4219

I've been living in Whiterock for several months. It's real nice and the people are very nice and professional. They serve three meals a day and my apartment is cleaned every week. We have physical exercises in the exercise rooms and places where they play domino and bridge, and we can use the computer. I also have a balcony outside my room so I can sit outside. There are sidewalks for walking and the premises are very pretty and they look like a park.

June 13, 2012

By commercesd

The Whiterock Court assisted living facility in the Dallas region was one of the places we saw while looking in the area for my brother's friend. The property is located very near the lovely White Rock Lake. We really thought the stately building had a quaint motor inn feel to it. The trees and surrounding hills were quite picturesque. The grounds exterior was designed like a hotel or resort, with many nice areas to enjoy outdoors. The lobby was clean and fresh with very nice staff to greet us. The dining room was quite nice, with plenty of space under expansive ceilings. The meal menus all had healthy food options for all kinds of diets. The food we saw looked and smelled delicious. Healthy snacks are offered all day and into the evening, as well as whenever residents request them. Their library was impressive, with many good books and games. They also offer Internet access. The fitness center had well maintained equipment and ample rooms, including daily classes. Residents may also safely navigate the lovely grounds with adequate supervision as necessary. The living spaces were generous, with several different floor plans to choose from. Each unit included kitchens, plenty of closet space, nice sized bedrooms and the screened balconies were a nice added touch, so that residents could go outside any time they liked, which the mild Dallas weather usually permits. Since it is very close to the city, it is convenient to the best parts of the urban environment, such as book events and readings and the arts, for museums, galleries, film and theater. This is a well designed and full service senior community with attentive staff and plenty of interesting things to do, with kind and caring staff to assist as necessary.

Questions about Whiterock Court

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Whiterock Court. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Whiterock Court offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Whiterock Court exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Whiterock Court offer to independent living residents?

If Whiterock Court accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Whiterock Court work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Whiterock Court

Photos of Whiterock Court

Services and Amenities of Whiterock Court

• Independent Living Starting At: $2018/month

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Whiterock Court

Whiterock Court is a senior housing facility located in Dallas, TX. Residents enjoy a variety of activities including housekeeping, linen services, and fun and stimulating activities. The facility also provides transportation to personal appointments and classes and programs for those who are interested. Residents can choose to receive outside home health care services from any provider of their choice. Whiterock Court is the perfect place for anyone looking for an independent living community.

Map of Whiterock Court