The Bentley

Reviews of The Bentley

Independent Living Reviews for The Bentley

May 22, 2017

By joanna748457

Bentley seemed more of a nursing home than an independent living type of community. We toured some of the rooms, and it wasn’t what we expected because they didn’t feel like apartments. They had renovated part of the building for their Alzheimer’s care, but that wasn’t where my mom would need to be. The area where she would be had an odor to it and was not very pleasant. The staff member was nice enough and walked us around, but she was new so she didn’t know a whole lot about the accommodations my mom would need as an independent, retired person; she gave us a card to talk to somebody. We had some good cookies that they had baked. The dining room looked pleasant enough, but we didn’t stay there to eat. I think they need to be clearer that they are not quite independent living or a retirement community. My impression was they were more of a nursing home than independent living.

Hello Joanna748457, thank you so much for reaching out with this feedback. We certainly apologize for any confusion on what type of housing we are. To be clear, our community is independent living, we are so sorry if that wasn't ever clear. We are so happy to hear your kind comments on our staff, and happy as well to know you enjoyed the cookies and thought our community looked nice. We welcome you back anytime if you care to take another tour and learn more about our community. Of course, you're welcome to call us as well to ask any questions you have and receive clarification on any topic you like - we can be reached at 972-362-9688, please feel free to reach out anytime. Thank you!

October 24, 2016

By Brandi765806

The Bentley was very clean and well-kept. The residents looked happy. This was the place that we really liked. They had great service. The employees were more than willing to help. It felt like home. The services were excellent. I think my mom would be very happy to live there because the rooms were wrapped to the courtyard, and the courtyard was kept-up really nice. Like I said, the employees were very helpful, kind, and willing to cater to the residents’ needs and wants.

August 31, 2016

By Luanna800451

We haven't moved into The Bentley yet. I only visited it once, and we wouldn’t have gotten our unit if we weren’t happy with what we saw. It was wonderful; everybody was very friendly. They were very helpful and very glad to have you. We got a cottage with a fireplace. It’s a cottage in the back and there are only 10 of them, and they never come available. One type was available the day we went to see it. The dining area is big and always full. It is the last place I wanted to live. We were actually on our way to sign a contract somewhere else, but we just absolutely fell in love with this place. This is the place for us to be.

June 30, 2016

By Patricia035606

The Bentley was very nice. We liked the outside apartments better on the first floor that were separate from the building because they seemed to have more privacy and be bigger. The staff was very accommodating. We ate lunch, and the food was very good. They had a workout room, bridge, and games like that.

May 12, 2016

By LindaLKINO

The Bentley was attractive and nice with a sunny and birght dining area. It was attractive in the front and had gardens all around.

February 10, 2016

By Barbara119486750

The apartments at The Bentley look good. They are very nice. You bring your own furnishings into the apartment. The staff who gave us the tour was very helpful. The only thing I did not like about this facility is you have to eat your meals at specific times of the day like breakfast is at 8:30, lunch is 12:30, and dinner is 5:30, and then nothing after that. I know they play bingo, and they have physical therapy.

December 17, 2015

By Arniclus

The Bentley was a very beautiful place. Everything was nice. It was very upscale and very clean as well. Everybody was very friendly.

October 24, 2015

By Vickie10

The Bentley was just as nice and good as the other place I visited. The only reason I didn’t select this place is because of the location. It was farther away, and the surrounding areas were not as nice as far as landscaping goes. Other than that, they were both great places, and the prices were basically the same. It’s just that the other place is really close to where I live, so that is where I would like to put my mom, but everything looked the same to me. The staff was very nice, friendly and actually followed up with me a lot. The activities were the same kind, but I think the only thing different is that they do a shopping shuttle a couple of days a week to Walmart or somewhere like that. I liked their courtyard and outside sitting area.

March 30, 2015

By Art15

My wife selected The Bentley, and it's a good one. Many of the people are here because of health reasons rather than age reasons. We have people in their 40s and 50s. The food is good, and it satisfies your needs. My wife and I have been in here for two months now, and we have a two-room apartment, which is very nice. They have a lot of activities. If you want to be involved in anything, they have it. We considered it because of cost. We were able to come in here and save $1000 a month. We're very happy with what we have.

June 26, 2014

By Joan88876050

I just think The Bentley is a really good facility. It has a warm environment. The have gourmet chef there, and they have transportation. They also have activities almost every day. It’s a really good facility because there are a lot of people who live there who can drive, and my daughter can't, so sometimes they take her to church with them. The staff are excellent, very accommodating, and very caring. They are really nice. I would definitely recommend this facility to others.

January 31, 2014

By Ted3

The Bentley was good. They're very friendly, very nice, and very active. But the location is just too far from my family than I wanted to be. I think it might have been a little more expensive.

December 16, 2013

The Bentley was a newer facility. It was also wider and brighter. It was quite a nice place. Their halls were really wide, which I find nice. The dining room was nice, the food was good and the rooms were bright and cheerful. They have the same activities as with other facilities, e.g., they have a group of people that come in and sing, they have bingo, art classes, etc.

October 09, 2013

By Mike32

The Bentley had some large size rooms with little kitchen areas. They also had some units with outside balconies, which I actually liked. I could live in this place.

August 28, 2013

By Albert3

Theirs room were big, comfortable and worthy of living. But the food and the menu was not as good as in the place I am now. The staff didn't impress me that much. It was a pretty active place.

August 26, 2013

The Bentley was a nice place, the food was good, and the people were friendly. They do allow pets and they have a good facility that had a backdoor on the ground floor where I could let my pet out. That was actually one of the reasons why I liked that place.

Questions about The Bentley

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Bentley. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does The Bentley offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at The Bentley exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does The Bentley offer to independent living residents?

If The Bentley accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does The Bentley work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for The Bentley

Photos of The Bentley

Services and Amenities of The Bentley

• Housing Extra: Cottages, Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Movie Theater

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About The Bentley

The Bentley is located in Dallas, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Bentley for a visit...and stay!

Map of The Bentley