Heritage Oaks Conroe, TX

Reviews of Heritage Oaks

Assisted Living Reviews for Heritage Oaks

May 25, 2016

By Jeanne407044

Heritage Oaks is stunningly new, but it’s my least favorite because of its price tag, and it’s not going to be enough care. You need to be pretty independent and be able to pay for the newness of everything. It’s super nice, but I don’t think there’s enough help. They have a lot of meeting rooms that families can reserve. I think they also have restaurant-style ordering.

February 22, 2016

By Karen B.1

I thought Heritage Oaks was an excellent facility. It had good food and projects, and it was safe. It was a little more than what we wanted to pay because it was outside Houston. The rooms were a little small, but it would suffice.

July 28, 2015

I visited Heritage. The marketing director gave me a tour, and she was very cordial. We went to the dining room area; I met the chef and walked through the serving line. The model apartment that I saw was very nice and very inviting, and it looked very livable. In the tour, she showed me the activity area and the activities that the residents could participate in. However, there was no activity going on when I was there.

October 16, 2014

Heritage Oaks had the same security as most of the other ones. There wasn't anything special. It was close to where my in-laws live, but it wasn't close to our house, and we just looked at it to see what it was like. For the memory care, the rooms were smaller, and they didn't have anything kind of unique for a couple. The staff was very nice and everybody was always smiling. There were people that my in-laws know and that live there, so that made it nice for them if they were going to live there, but it was too far from my home.

Questions about Heritage Oaks

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Annually 12 hours of continuing education training plus 6 hours of dementia specialized training

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Heritage Oaks. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our residents is 84 with a split of approximately 55% females and 45% males. We have several married couples as well. Our residents are engaged daily with multiple offerings of activities. They can be as busy as they want to be.

What programs or activities does Heritage Oaks offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Social events, happy hours, weekly craft projects, daily morning group exercise, monthly restaurant and shopping outings. Our activities and events are driven by the desires of our residents

What places are near Heritage Oaks or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Located just off the North Loop 336 in Conroe, there are numerous stores and restaurants within a few minutes of our community

What transportation services does Heritage Oaks offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation services are offered on Tuesdays from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm and upon request on a case by case basis depending upon staff availability

What makes the chef or dining program at Heritage Oaks exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Home made meals are served daily. Residents enjoy a breakfast of their choice. Lunch and dinner are a set weekly menu, however, there is an alternative menu that can be provided upon request

What safety features or security measures does Heritage Oaks offer to assisted living residents?

Residents are provided with a call pendant and apartments are furnished with emergency pull cords. Staff provides routine two hour safety checks.

How does Heritage Oaks keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Updates to Community Life page of our website, calls and emails from the community and updates from the Management Team

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Heritage Oaks during daytime and nighttime hours?

There is no set staff to resident ratio. Our staffing patterns are driven by the individual needs of our residents.

If Heritage Oaks accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Heritage Oaks is pet friendly. There is outdoor access through a central courtyard or via the outer perimeter of the property.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does Heritage Oaks provide to protect residents who wander?

Our community is a secure environment with the front door unlocked from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm with a front desk that is staffed during those hours.

What programs or activities does Heritage Oaks offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our memory care residents are provided activities and programming especially designed to stimulate cognition. We have a dedicated Memory Care Director with more than 20 years of experience and a Memory Care Activities partner to engage our residents daily.

Our Wellness Director and Memory Care Director share this responsibility. Additionally, our Executive Director is also a nurse which makes an exceptional care team.

What techniques does Heritage Oaks use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We encourage as much independence as possibly while maintaining the dignity of our residents. Staff are available to assist residences as needed during meals.

How does Heritage Oaks keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Heritage Oaks. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in around residential neighborhoods and close to businesses as well.

Is Heritage Oaks affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Residents can access any hospital of their choosing in Conroe or The Woodlands

Photos of Heritage Oaks

Services and Amenities of Heritage Oaks

About Heritage Oaks

Write a new chapter at Heritage Oaks, offering Assisted Living and Memory Care services in Conroe, Texas. Our rustic d_cor is inspired by Tuscan aesthetic and creates a warm and inviting atmosphere for our residents to relax and enjoy their lives. Our goal is to enrich the lives of our residents by providing an environment that is stimulating physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally. We do this by providing the perfect blend of amenities and comforts in apartments and entertaining events in our common areas. Residents can meet new friends all the while knowing that our professional and helpful staff is available 24 hours a day to assist with anything. The area surrounding Heritage Oaks teems with possibilities, including all manner of restaurants, shopping, and entertainment options. Residents can also visit family and friends, or receive visitors, via the nearby Bush Intercontinental Airport or Hobby Airport.

Map of Heritage Oaks