Above & Beyond

Reviews of Above & Beyond

Assisted Living Reviews for Above & Beyond

March 29, 2017

By Aileen G.

Above and Beyond was a beautiful old home that has been restored. The people were very caring and interactive with the residents. The only thing that concerned me a little was that there were sixteen memory care and Alzheimer's residents and three caregivers, so I was a little bit concerned about that ratio, but everybody seemed to be engaged and taken care of when I was there. They showed me a calendar with scheduled activities like arts and crafts. It was less expensive.

December 17, 2016

By Georgia608766

The staff that answered the door at Above & Beyond was very friendly and very clean. All of the residents seemed to be up and dressed. They might not have been doing anything but nobody was upset or crying or in need of attention. It seemed like a nice, comfortable, and home-like atmosphere. The staff was very informative and very open. The place was a good size and wasn?t tiny or cramped. There was a living room, other sitting rooms, and benches so the residents could sit in the backyard. The bedroom that I was shown was a good size, and everything was clean.

March 20, 2016

By Rick44

We got my mother settled into Above and Beyond. Everything is great. So far, we love it. She has a clean, big room. The food is not as quite as good as where she was living at her retirement community, but other than that, I don’t think she has too many complaints. We like the fact that there are cameras throughout the facility, so we can monitor her over our computers. They are very open and have monitors in the kitchen and the dining room. This facility has given all the care that we need at a reasonable price. Also, she doesn't have to walk a long way to get from one point to another.

February 03, 2016

By Patricia119653250

We have my parents in Above & Beyond Assisted Living now. The staff is a great bunch of people and the home is one of the big private homes. The house is about 6000 sq ft and is just beautiful. They only care for up to 14 patients which gives them a little more one on one attention. They do homemade cooking for everybody that lives there and the food is really good. Financially and all the above, the location and the staff, it was best suited for us. I’m very happy with them.

November 13, 2014

By machinehead

the staff & owners are wonderful at Above & Beyond! We have had our father there for over a year, they are always compassionate & caring to to our Father. The food is great, We eat with him all the time. The home is clean & well staffed. My favorite part is the web cam, Our whole family can watch the care they provide him. we tried other assisted living homes for him before moving him here, I am so glad we found Above & beyond. Our Mother is now at a point where she can no longer take care of herself, she will be joining him this week. Thank You for all you do!

September 01, 2012

By lovethemomma

I strongly encourage everyone interested in taking your loved one to live at Above and Beyond to reconsider. They talk a good game, but NO follow through. They treated our mom with anger, ingnorance, disrespect! They will tell you that they make "home cooked meals".....most of the time it is pure slop with very little nutritional value--the only fresh fruit was an occassional banana. And when we brought the fresh fruit and veggies, they were rarely given to her--and eaten by staff.---this was told to me by a guilt-ridden caregiver. The staff has no training in handling Alzheimers. She was not bathed often enough, she smelled. She was admitted into hospital 3 times in 9 months for dehydration--had horrible UTI's...dr said because of lack of good hygiene. There are good places for our parents--just have to look and ask A LOT of questions--pop in and hold them accountable. We kept mom there too long because we didn't think there was much of a choice--there are choices. We found a place that did treat her with love and respect, good nutrition, and honest communication with us.....that was priceless.

Costs for Above & Beyond

Photos of Above & Beyond

Services and Amenities of Above & Beyond

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• About Above & Beyond

Above & Beyond Assisted Living is licensed thru the State of Texas as a “B” level facility. This means we can provide any level of care needed. We offer doctors, nurses, podiatrist, home health care, rehabilitation, physical or occupational therapy, and hospice, to allow our residents to age in place & stay in their home. We also have pharmacy’s that deliver, so all you have to worry about is when to visit.

Above & Beyond also offers the best state of the art wireless electronic call pendants, sent to central monitoring, and directly to on duty staff instantly! We also offer, for residents of ours that have memory loss, wireless pressure pads for beds & chairs, or motion detectors that also immediately notify our staff of movement for those residents that forget to call us when in need of assistance, or transferring. This helps prevent unnecessary falls before they happen.

Above & Beyond Assisted Living is a loving home – for those you love. When your parent or grandparent transitions into their golden years, you want to give them the gift of comfort.

Map of Above & Beyond