Huguley Nursing & Rehab Center

Huguley Nursing & Rehab Center (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Huguley Nursing & Rehab Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Huguley Nursing & Rehab Center

January 12, 2015

My mom is at Huguley Nursing Home. She has been there since November. We have been pleased with this facility. The rooms are a little small, but they are alright. The food looks pretty good. My mom eats it, so I guess it is OK. We like the nurses and the aides a lot. They're really friendly. Everybody seems really helpful. However, Mother didn't think that they respond fast enough. They have a lot of activities, but my mom is not really participating yet. They have movie day, bingo, different games, and Wii games. They have most celebrations -- e.g., Christmas celebration. They have three large living room areas, and you can reserve one. It is nice and big. They have tables and chairs, and it is really nice. Their grounds and surroundings are really nice. They have an inside garden area. It looks like they take good care of the outside. Also the facility is right by Huguley Hospital which is another good thing if my mom needed to go to a hospital.

June 20, 2014

By bigdemps

After much research and visiting of other homes, we chose Huguley for my mother. She has several serious ailments so a good nursing staff that cares about and understands old folks was important to us. We have been very happy with the nurses (all are SO friendly!) and they way they kid around with my mother, but still take her health seriously. Any time you move from a limited-care retirement center into a full-care facility like this, there will be an adjustment to go through and the staff understands this and helps get your loved on involved in their new home. They have multiple denominations of church services, special interest activities (like knitting, or free-fingernail-painting-Wednesdays, etc.) and even introduced my mother to some other residents with similar likes and hobbies. Any time we have had a problem of any kind, the staff or Admin is always quick to act on our concerns and I truly believe they care about, not just for my mother.

January 01, 2014

By concernedpatientadvocate

I only give this one star because there is nothing less. The nursing care is horrible. Their focus is on over-medicating the patients to induce comatose states so they don't have to spend time feeding and caring for them. I am in the process of filing a formal claim for nursing home neglect with the state of Texas. I can't begin to describe the lack of care resulting on bedsores, dramatically declining health, the theft of residents' belongings, etc.....

January 28, 2012

By architectgirl87

The nursing staff was very pleasant. As far as I could see most were kind and caring to all patients. Many even had a good sense of humor, and were friendly to all visitors. They handled loud patients and trouble-makers with class and kindness. While nice, we often had issues with them always smoking right outside the entrance. If that is not a problem for you then it shouldn't be a big deal, but we didn't really like having to walk through smoke clouds to get in the building. The facility had good and bad points. The good parts were the outdoor spaces. When I visited my great-grandmother, we went to the courtyards. They were always my favorite part, with flowers, bird feeders, and lots of plants. The bad was the tight indoor spaces. While adequate, I would have liked more openness, rather than tight corners and small gathering places. The biggest room was the dining hall, and even it seemed tight considering the wheelchairs.

Services and Amenities of Huguley Nursing & Rehab Center

• Spanish

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2019

About Huguley Nursing & Rehab Center

Huguley Nursing & Rehab Center is a senior living provider in Burleson, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Huguley Nursing & Rehab Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Huguley Nursing & Rehab Center