Waldenbrooke Estates

Reviews of Waldenbrooke Estates

Independent Living Reviews for Waldenbrooke Estates

February 22, 2016

By Resident 1010

Waldenbrooke Estate is great, especially if you don’t need any personal help. They serve three meals a day, and the food is good. It’s clean and nice, and the staff is helpful.

December 28, 2015

By Glenda15

Waldenbrooke Estates was very nice. My mom was way past going to that kind of the place because residents had to do pretty much everything for themselves, and she can’t do that anymore. The staff was very nice.

August 16, 2015

By Jan111875250

I visited Waldenbrooke Estates for my sister. It was an older facility, but it was very clean. The people there were very nice, and they had a lot of good activities going on. All of the apartments were a little bit older, but they were very well done, very clean, and accessible to the elevator and to the gathering area. The people that I met that work there were extremely nice. They called me several times. Waldenbrooke Estates would be my number 1 place.

February 10, 2015

By anonymous102253850

Waldenbrooke Estates was very nice, and the staff was super nice. It was fine except for the fact that all of their rooms open outside, and the residents have to walk outside to go to the dining room. That was one thing I did not particularly like about it, and it was strictly independent living.

January 12, 2014

We visited Waldenbrooke and their staff were very nice and accommodating, but they were just too expensive. The dining room is spacious. All of them had a lot of spaces to accommodate wheelchairs and walkers. The dining smelled very good with the chef cooking every time we went there. They have a lot of activities which was written in a huge wall and all the residents have to do is look at it.

August 21, 2012

If we would have chosen anything it would have been them. When I have spoken with the representative with regard to fitting our need, they've always been very polite and agreeable to different situations. They're willing to consider any possibility and they're ready to try to accommodate. However, I would really like to see them have a transitional type of offering, since they are maybe 3 or 4 blocks from the hospital. So if you're there and you're with a parent or a husband or wife, and their health may go down, something that transitions from the independent living to assisted living to possibly like a nursing facility. Because let's face it in those kind of situation most generally when elderly people get there, it usually is a transition. I would like to see something like that especially being so close to the hospital. So the one resident who's healthy can continue to visit the husband or wife and not have to worry about driving to the facility. The pricing is very reasonable. I wouldn't have any qualms going there or anything. It's just that we're looking at a different direction for my mom.

Questions about Waldenbrooke Estates

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Waldenbrooke Estates. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We are 88% full. Our average is varies from 55 to 95. Bingo, Happy Hour, Trivia , Movies, and Lunch Bunch

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

There is Brazos Valley Senior Community two blocks down.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Waldenbrooke Estates has organized?

Senior Expo, Martha's Bloomer's, Drive thru zoo, George Bush Museum, Movies, and Lunch Bunch

What transportation services does Waldenbrooke Estates offer to independent living residents?

We have a van and bus with a lift

What makes the chef or dining program at Waldenbrooke Estates exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

At this time, we are delivering all 3 meals to residents. all meals are homemade. Chef will prepare specials meals for diabetic, heart healthy, and gluten

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Setting room, community room, garden room, and bistro

What safety features or security measures does Waldenbrooke Estates offer to independent living residents?

With package each resident gets a life alert pendant, and staff 24/7 for any emergency calls for 911

If Waldenbrooke Estates accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Waldenbrooke does accept pets, and there are several dog stations on the property. For cats, litter boxes.

Does Waldenbrooke Estates work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

NO, we can give the potential information and the family would be responsible for setting up any services outside of Waldenbrooke Estates.

Costs for Waldenbrooke Estates

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Tai Chi

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Waldenbrooke Estates

Waldenbrooke Estates offers independent living in the Brazos Valley for seniors who are inclined to live independently, but crave the comfort, security, and social opportunity a retirement community offers. Our spacious apartments come in one and two bedroom floor plans and offer all of the amenities of home and more. Our on-call assistance and maintenance-free living means you can leave your worries behind and live life to the fullest! Just steps from your front door, you’ll find easy access to the library, fitness center, swimming pool, and a wide assortment of activities, as well as special events and regularly scheduled outings into the community. If you are looking for a vibrant, active place to call home during your retirement years, Waldenbrooke Estates will fulfill your desires.

Waldenbrooke Estates Retirement Community offers you a whole new world of friendship, compassion, active living, and comfort – and is located right across the street from St. Joseph’s Hospital in Bryan. We invite you to join us for lunch and a personal tour of our spacious apartment homes and learn more about our all-inclusive lifestyle. Experience for yourself the warm hospitality and quality that is a way of life at Waldenbrooke Estates.

Come visit us and see how great senior independent living can be at Waldenbrooke Estates!

Map of Waldenbrooke Estates