The Heritage at Hunters Chase

Reviews of The Heritage at Hunters Chase

Assisted Living Reviews for The Heritage at Hunters Chase

December 07, 2017

By Fred

The Heritage at Hunters Chase was extremely nice. Everything that they showed us was nice, and there was no problem with the place at all. We really liked it. They had areas where you can bring family and friends in, which was nice. They also had a really nice dining room, and the food was very delicious. They had individuals coming in to play music, and games. The staff was very friendly.

April 11, 2017

By Bertha666351

Hunters Chase was more assisted living, and my mother is not ready for this yet. It was an older place, so it could be updated. The one-bedroom was not large enough for my mother, and she still likes to cook. The staff was very knowledgeable. They had a dining area, and caregivers for an extra cost. They provided an inaccurate price range; it was different from what was referred to me and more expensive.

March 06, 2017

By Diego G.

The Heritage was really a nice facility. They had nice amenities, but we didn’t really get into too much detail other than just to get a quick workaround, which was really brief. They gave us a tour, and they were nice. The person who gave me the tour was a very nice person, and they were very knowledgeable. The room was a pretty good size, and it had your regular shower and a refrigerator; some of them had electric stoves. They were playing music at that time.

Thank you for visiting The Heritage at Hunters Chase and thank you for your kind words...we are glad you liked our Community! The Heritage at Hunters Chase is undergoing a total renovation with all new paint, flooring, and fixtures. Electric stoves are not offer in our apartments but we will be including a microwave and full size refrigerator! We hope you will return and choose our community for yourself or a loved one so that you or they can begin enjoying our holistic approach and outstanding care! With respect, The Heritage at Hunters Chase

February 10, 2017

By Ralph667105

I liked The Heritage at Hunters Chase a lot and its location. The rooms were really big for the price. They were renovating the dining room, but what I saw was OK. They had a bus to take the seniors to the grocery store and activities; that's what I liked about it. It was good and was my favorite one.

Thank you for visiting our wonderful Assisted Living Community. We are glad you liked our home. We are undergoing a total renovation; all the apartments and communal living spaces are undergoing a major refresh with all new paint, flooring, and fixtures. It is exciting! We hope you will return and choose our community for yourself or a loved one so that you or they can begin enjoying our holistic approach to services and care. With Respect, The Heritage at Hunters Chase

November 24, 2015

By Denise L.

My mom is at Ashwood Assisted Living, and she loves the community. It's a casual setting, and the people are approachable and friendly. There's a wide variety of people there.

June 16, 2014

By Deborah Dillon

I just returned from my weekend with mother. As usual Mom looked wonderful and was feeling good. Mother has the dubious honor of being the longest resident at Ashwood.My sisters & I agree that Ashwood's staff & management have given mother an outstanding quality of life. Thanks to all of you!

October 09, 2013

By BethAnn W.

My parents were on the waiting list at Ashwood. It was a good facility. The residents looked happy to be there. However, the rooms were a small for both of them.

November 07, 2012

By Ben Dav

My mother has resided at Ashwood over 10 years. We could not have picked a better home for her. The staff is wonderful!

May 30, 2012

By commercesd

The Ashwood Assisted Living facility looked really well-kept from the outside as we drove up. My brother's friend has lived in the Austin region for quite a while and would like to stay in touch with friends and family. He is particularly fond of the Northwest Austin area, where the building is situated. We especially liked the park-like atmosphere of the grounds. The patio areas also had an area for outside parties and socializing. The main foyer had a lovely receiving area, reminiscent of a quaint bed and breakfast - which was a contrast against the office-building like structure. The communal areas all had interesting activities occurring, from reading to games and resident interactions. It was clear that the residents enjoy living here. Events and outings scheduled include anything you can imagine - from restaurants, to art museums, the library, local films and crafts, as well as fine dining and theater. They also host monthly birthday parties for residents at the facility which they encourage friends and family to attend. The dining areas have many options. From more intimate to communal dining, resident can choose whatever they like - in addition to hosing guests in their own spaces. The food choices looked nutritious and delicious, as well as the regular snacks - offered continually. The living suites were all a nice size and did not seem cramped. They were also beautifully decorated. We could see that anyone could be comfortable in any one of them. In all, this is a lovely facility with caring and attentive staff. All of the resident's needs appear to be met easily and efficiently, in a friendly and caring manner - according to need.

May 25, 2012

By leyash

This facility had many things about it that were well worth the money paid. My grandmother was put in here a few years ago, and she loved it. It took her awhile to make a decision about what facility she wanted to be in, and once she got there, she knew that she made the right one. The amenities were great as well. The best thing about this facility is that it wasn't far from my home at all. At times, they offer rides to the residents that need it, and they would often give my grandmother a ride to my house if she needed it. They made it really easy to get from place to place, which is something that I really liked about them. Assisted care facilities are not hard to find, but the RIGHT assisted care facility, can be. My grandmother was very happy with the choice that she made, and she never felt more at home, than she did here.

Memory Care Reviews for The Heritage at Hunters Chase

Questions about The Heritage at Hunters Chase

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Monthly/Yearly

What programs or activities does The Heritage at Hunters Chase offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Multiple activities involving our 7 areas of Wellness - Emotional, Intellectual,Spiritual, Social, Physical, Inter-Generational, Community Connections

What places are near The Heritage at Hunters Chase or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We have restaurants, shopping and churches for their enjoyment.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Heritage at Hunters Chase exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our dining program offers fresh local produce along with a diverse international cuisine at every meal.

What safety features or security measures does The Heritage at Hunters Chase offer to assisted living residents?

Secured building and Private Courtyard

How does The Heritage at Hunters Chase keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our Resident Care Director will be in direct contact with any family member when concerns arise for a loved one.

If The Heritage at Hunters Chase accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pet friendly up to 25 lbs. with nice grassy areas surrounding our community.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly/Yearly

What safety features or security measures does The Heritage at Hunters Chase provide to protect residents who wander?

Secured building and Memory Care

What programs or activities does The Heritage at Hunters Chase offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

How does The Heritage at Hunters Chase keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around The Heritage at Hunters Chase. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Residential Area

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

About The Heritage at Hunters Chase

Welcome to The Heritage at Hunters Chase where "Every Moment Treasured. Every Moment Yours."

Our team members don’t just address what may be going wrong: we take a closer look at EVERYTHING that makes our residents their complete selves. This includes understanding the things that are going RIGHT. We enhance the comfort and quality of life for seniors and their families through a holistic approach to wellness and support. Webster defines “holistic” as relating to complete systems rather than to individual parts. This is exactly what we stand for when caring for the whole person – we look at everything that makes them complete and put a plan together to support their wonderful completeness, rather than addressing one or two individual problems that are keeping them from being their best selves and only striving to improve those things.

The Heritage at Hunters Chase has created an environment that is recognized for individualized and personalized services, programming, and care. Spacious and well-designed residences provide all of our residents with both comfort and security. Some of the most unique features of our programming and amenities include:

The focus on holistic wellness, not just assistance with daily life, adapted from the Six Dimensions of Wellness developed by Dr. Bill Hettler and customized for senior living.

• Concierge Medicine where doctors and specialists come to the community and see residents in the privacy of their own home
  • Specially Selected, Trained & Certified Staff available 24 hours a day, seven days a week led by full-time Licensed Nurses
  • Personalized Care that allows our team members to accommodate not just resident needs, but special requests
  • Three complete meals daily… that residents actually enjoy created by our in house Chef and specially trained culinary team
  • Snacks & beverages offered throughout the day, many as a part of engaging, interactive programs and activities
  • A full schedule of outings, lectures, artistic & crafting opportunities, shows, and entertainment developed specifically based on our residents’ individual interests
  • State-of-the-art Emergency Call System with wireless buttons in each residence, providing an additional level of safety for residents and peace-of-mind for their families
  • Private dining room to enjoy with family, friends, and loved ones
  • Scheduled transportation to medical and doctors’ visits, shopping, and other errands

Our Seven Dimensions of Wellness are: emotional, intellectual, spiritual, community connections, intergenerational, physical and social engagement. One example is we believe learning and education is a lifelong process and we provide courses, lectures and more for free to residents.

Map of The Heritage at Hunters Chase