Renaissance-Austin

Reviews of Renaissance-Austin

Assisted Living Reviews for Renaissance-Austin

March 14, 2020

By MB

The staff at Renaissance-Austin was very helpful, but the facility was way too spread out and too difficult to navigate for my handicapped father. There were elevators, stairs, and long hallways, which would be nice for a more ambulatory person. I've met people who live there who were very happy and just loved it, but it wasn't right for my father who is handicapped. The rooms were large, nice, and had kitchenettes. I was there off hours, but I looked at the calendar and I saw people doing things on their own. There was a group playing dominos or cards without an activity director, so there's a good community feel to the place, and the people definitely feel free to do things together.

Thank you so much for stopping by! We regret that we are not the perfect fit for your father but aim to offer an amazing experience by providing 3 delicious and nutritious meals a day, light weekly housekeeping, and a variety of engaging activities. If anything ever changes do not hesitate to stop in and say hi!

January 21, 2019

By Rupert

Renaissance-Austin was wonderful and beautiful. If I needed a place to stay for myself, I would definitely pick it. I enjoyed the staff, the meals, the preparation, the facilities themselves, and the tour. They were good. I'd rate it very highly. I liked it a lot. The staff was wonderful. They had beautiful grounds, furniture, and interiors. It looked like a very lively place. It's very well lit and well furnished.

March 28, 2018

By Rhena

I was not at all impressed with Renaissance-Austin. The place was a dump for assisted living. They had no one in reception when we got there. The furniture in the common areas was all ratty and torn. I wouldn't put my mother in there. They had things that they said they offered, but we didn't see anybody out doing any activity at all. I saw one guy eating his lunch out of a Styrofoam container that they got from the independent living side of the house. Their independent living looked nice, but it was like a different world. They open two doors that were shut to be completely blocked off from the independent living part. From what I saw, they get food from the buffet from the independent living, and it's not restaurant style. They had terrible staff turnover. The people we talked to started the day before. It was not a good place.

Hi Rhena, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied with your visit. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will use your comments to refine our efforts to ensure this issue does not happen again.

June 30, 2016

By Sherry373515

Renaissance-Austin is very nice. They have fabulous grounds, nice rooms, and nice people. The community is very well decorated.

June 22, 2016

By Chad574471

I visited The Renaissance and liked it. The place is bigger than than other place I’ve visited. There are just parts of the building that needed updating. I was able to eat there, and the food was really good. They seemed to have a lot of programs to keep residents active.

May 10, 2016

By TerriHOYVD

The Renaissance by Holiday Retirement is phenomenal. They are unbelievable. They were as good as the other facility except that they don’t have as much as extended type of care. The managers are superb. Their activities are wonderful. Their dining room is lively. Their residents are happy. The campus is lovely, but it is too big. The natural setting, the view, and the care that all of the staff take make you feel like you’re the most important person in the world. They took plenty of time and they took many calls. I had lunch with them. The food was good. The facility was very clean. The staff, everywhere I walk, they always smile and they say hello. It looks like they have plenty of activities. It is a little bit of an older property, but it is well kept. I am so impressed with the staff, the feeling, and the activities. They have activity transportation and they have people to help with what we needed help with. Overall, they do a wonderful job.

May 10, 2016

By LarryESHGA

Renaissance is a very nice place, and I would recommend it. The staff is friendly. My aunt lives in a two-bedroom apartment. For a time, she didn't like the food.

March 30, 2015

I found Renaissance-Austin very friendly and active. I liked their rates better than most of the places that were so highly priced. The apartments looked very nice, clean, and reasonably updated. The staff seemed to be pretty well. They had exercise rooms and game rooms.

August 28, 2014

The food was really good at Renaissance Austin. Their buffet was very nice-looking and the food was good. Their chef brought a special dessert for my granddaughter. The rooms were a little bit on the small size. They were very clean. They put new carpet and paint your room before you move in. They have a lot of activities. They do a trip somewhere within 50 miles of Austin every Thursday. They have a lot of concerts and then they have guest speakers from University of Texas to come out and talk about different things. What I like best about this one is their grounds -- they were just beautiful.

November 19, 2012

By ivettel

I went to visit Renaissance-Austin to spend a few days with my grandparents and it was probably the happiest I have ever seen them. To start off, the facilities are beautiful and located very close to the attractions Austin has to offer. The building itself is very large and the private suite is very spacious and definitely has the needs of senior citizens in mind. There are many activities that the residents can take a part of, such as a game room, TV room, pool table, a small gym, among other activities. What I loved the most was that they have a very independent lifestyle, but still do not have to worry about doing certain chores that would strain energy, such as housekeeping and laundry. Now they have more time to just enjoy themselves and explore new things that they could not have done in other places. The staff was also very welcoming and helpful when I went to visit and showed that a lot of thought is put into providing a relaxing environment for not just the residents, but also their families. It was an overall great experience and now I can rest easy knowing that my family is in good hands.

Independent Living Reviews for Renaissance-Austin

January 16, 2021

By James

I moved into Renaissance-Austin. I chose it because of the location, and it was very scenic. It's like in the woods and they even have a live deer that runs around. It's just a nice community. The staff is very welcoming and willing to do more than 100%. Our food is delicious, you get three meals a day, a delightful team in the kitchen, and a chef, and it seems like most of us are actually doing socializing, somewhat, when they've got a pool table all the way to workout room and gathering locations. The price is a little high, but with all the inclusive things, like they do your linens of the week and just a variety of little things that add up, it's still a little pricey but it's a safe community. I've been in different places that I thought would be a great place to live in my senior years and what I'm wanting to do is just relax after the loss of my parents. The staff is great. The room's layout is basically sort of an apartment. It's much larger than a studio, the bathroom setup is nice, the kitchen is nice, and the carpeting is a higher quality. I think it's the standard carpeting for most places, they also have the hardwood floors, but I chose the carpeting. I like a room with a view, and so here I get to look over at the 78759 zip code, which is where my parents and I lived for a while after me being in the military, so it's sort of like I'm overlooking that hill in that area where I used to live, so it's comfortable. We had a trivia time slot yesterday and some activities. Today they're going to start working on the ugliest Christmas sweater, so it's like a crafting thing. We have a library and a pool room. There are two activity rooms here, like a formal living room, and then one where some play dominoes. In the dining room the staff pleasantly serves you. They also bring the food to your door for social distancing. Everything is protocol and I like that. I'm in much better health than some of these others, I just needed to retire because I'm disabled now. Some of the staff have been here two years or five years and you can tell they love their job and that says a lot. The facility I have been very impressed with and happy with. There's a little bit of walking from certain places to the others, but that's good exercise. We have great trees and everything. The lady that takes care of the activities puts in 100% on having things to do here. Like they have dances, they have activity rooms, and it's a great layout. From the way I look, all of December has things to do. Plus, they have a pool room and a gym. There were some facilities that were of lower quality and the price was somewhat less, but didn't seem like more of what I think the quality of senior living should be. Renaissance-Austin is very well-designed, excellent artworks, and they decorate for the holidays too. It's pretty elaborate, like the high ceilings in the entrance to the driveway and coming in on the second floor. It's a pretty nice layout.

April 05, 2019

By Christine

We had our stepdad at Renaissance-Austin. It's older, but it has a beautiful setting with oak trees. It's very charming. The food service was buffet-style, and the staff was great. We liked it. They had two separate wings for independent and assisted living. They did the laundry once a week, and we participated in the wine tastings. The dining room was very nice. The facility upkeep was good and it's well maintained.

June 25, 2018

By Guest04

My mother likes Renaissance-Austin very much. She knows a couple of people who already live there. It is a positive experience for us. The place is nice. The walls are white, and there is plenty of natural light. There are a lot of activities to choose from. They have yoga, happy hour, bridge, and dominos. We saw about three different floorplans. One of them was just a bedroom with a sitting area, and then we saw a 2-room apartment, with a bedroom and a living room-kitchenette area.

August 21, 2017

By Carolyn

I love Renaissance-Austin. It's a beautiful, very appealing location with lots of trees. It's very attractive. The rooms are beautiful and all have washer and dryer connections and big kitchens. The person who assisted me was wonderful. While I was there, some of the residents were playing dominoes and cards. They had a movie theater and an exercise room; they had everything that you need. The rooms, activities, and staff were great.

May 24, 2016

By Visitor067583

I liked the surroundings of Renaissance-Austin very much. The staff was very good, and I was very pleased. She was very thorough, explained everything, very personable, and very pleasant. I would move there if I could get some of the things that I want because the price range was OK. The lady showed us an apartment with a full kitchen. I intend to cook because I do not like their meal plans. Their dining facility is open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., and you could go anytime during that time for your second meal.

January 24, 2016

By Carol119700650

The Renaissance looked very clean, and organized; easy for the residents to figure out, and it seemed very homey. It’s like a nice hotel when you walk in with a nicely decorated hallway. It’s in a residential neighborhood, and the grounds were very nice. The staff was friendly. They have activities. I saw an exercise class going on, lecture series, games, and a little gym. It’s close to a hospital, and shopping area. My mom liked that it has both independent, and assisted living in one place.

October 16, 2014

By Rick25

I think if my parents are in a little bit better shape and obviously a little bit more on wealth to support them over the years, that was just a beautiful place. They can’t drive anymore, and they can’t travel much. Travelers can travel around the country and stay at other Holiday retirement communities for no charge, I thought that was a spectacular program. I came at lunch, and I observed people. The food was wonderful. I went home with some delicious cookies. The facility was very nice and beautiful. Again, it’s just independent living. As people age and they deteriorate, you’d be looking to bring in home care service which would be very expensive. It’s very difficult to maintain. If you’re only looking for independent living, that’s a superb facility.

May 22, 2014

By Cathy46

I had a very short visit at Renaissance-Austin. It seemed very nice and very luxurious, but it felt dark and kind of oppressive to me. It was almost like being in a museum. They had beautiful art work on the wall and beautiful furniture. It just seemed to be too formal for my mom, but it was a beautiful place. The people were great. They had a bigger staff. They are friendly, very welcoming, helpful, nice, and very much willing to give me lots of information. Their dining room was also very nice, but a little too formal with white tablecloths and crystals. I liked the fact that they had a pool, and it seemed it had more than one shuttle bus to move people around. I thought they were also pretty much at full capacity and need a much bigger place.

November 04, 2011

By emrfd

The Renaissance Austin (owned by Holiday) is a solid choice for assisted living, and its employees are caring and attentive. Their food is decent, better than most. They have weekly activities, a free shuttle service, and reasonable monthly rates. Housing consists of studio, one bedroom, and two bedroom units. The most unique feature of The Renaissance is that they have dedicated live-in managers. These managers live at the Renaissance year-round, 24 hours a day and dine with residents, participate in activities, and make sure residents feel safe and included. No other retirement community that I've visited has this feature. Another unusual Renaissance feature is a community service program. Residents have the opportunity to volunteer in the local community through service projects such as helping children with reading skills, supporting U.S. troops, or working with local homeless shelters. While visiting, I learned that Renaissance offers a free one week travel program to residents. From what I was told, residents can visit other Holiday owned properties (in other states) and stay free for a week. The person I visited at Renaissance Austin was happy to be staying there and had made new friends through her bridge group.

Questions about Renaissance-Austin

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Renaissance-Austin. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of residents at Renaissance-Austinretirement community is 84. Residents especially enjoy the Adventures and Short Stories program, which involves residents reading stories to other residents who are visually-impaired. Renaissance-Austin residents also love to participate in our continuing education lecture series, which covers topics like health, current events, and travel.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Renaissance-Austin independent living community is close to movie theaters, dining, and two high-end shopping malls: The Arboretum and The Domain.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Renaissance-Austin has organized?

Residents loved our recent outing to Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, home to 900 species of native Texas plants and a variety of events and educational programs.

What transportation services does Renaissance-Austin offer to independent living residents?

We offer complimentary scheduled transportation four days a week to doctor appointments, shopping, and outings. Our office manager is happy to schedule ubers and taxis as needed for residents.

What makes the chef or dining program at Renaissance-Austin exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Residents at Renaissance-Austin senior living community love the variety of our chef-prepared meals. In addition to regularly scheduled entrees, they can always get standing available menu options. We even offer a buffet for assisted living residents.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Common areas at Renaissance-Austin include a living room, card room, theater, large fitness center, a multipurpose room for exercise classes and our continuing education series, a billiards room, two libraries, and dining rooms.

What safety features or security measures does Renaissance-Austin offer to independent living residents?

We offer GreatCall emergency response devices for independent living residents and overnight nurse aids for assisted living residents.

If Renaissance-Austin accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Residents love walking their pets through Renaissance-Austin’s gorgeous grounds, featuring a beautiful courtyard and canopies of 100-plus year-old trees.

Does Renaissance-Austin work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Independent living residents can secure the services of home health care aids with offices in the building. We also have relationships with other home health care companies and rehabilitation providers in the surrounding community.

Costs for Renaissance-Austin

Photos of Renaissance-Austin

Services and Amenities of Renaissance-Austin

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub, Washer Dryer Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Storage Space, Parking: Covered, Private

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Renaissance-Austin

Living the retirement dream in Austin, Texas...what more could a person ask for?

In Austin, nature, history, and culture abound. Live music is no stranger to the street and 300 days of sunshine a year simply cannot be beat! What's not to love about retirement living at Renaissance-Austin?

Map of Renaissance-Austin