Renaissance-Austin

Reviews of Renaissance-Austin

Assisted Living Reviews for Renaissance-Austin

May 10, 2016

By LarryESHGA

Renaissance is a very nice place, and I would recommend it. The staff is friendly. My aunt lives in a two-bedroom apartment. For a time, she didn't like the food.

March 30, 2015

I found Renaissance-Austin very friendly and active. I liked their rates better than most of the places that were so highly priced. The apartments looked very nice, clean, and reasonably updated. The staff seemed to be pretty well. They had exercise rooms and game rooms.

August 28, 2014

The food was really good at Renaissance Austin. Their buffet was very nice-looking and the food was good. Their chef brought a special dessert for my granddaughter. The rooms were a little bit on the small size. They were very clean. They put new carpet and paint your room before you move in. They have a lot of activities. They do a trip somewhere within 50 miles of Austin every Thursday. They have a lot of concerts and then they have guest speakers from University of Texas to come out and talk about different things. What I like best about this one is their grounds -- they were just beautiful.

November 19, 2012

By ivettel

I went to visit Renaissance-Austin to spend a few days with my grandparents and it was probably the happiest I have ever seen them. To start off, the facilities are beautiful and located very close to the attractions Austin has to offer. The building itself is very large and the private suite is very spacious and definitely has the needs of senior citizens in mind. There are many activities that the residents can take a part of, such as a game room, TV room, pool table, a small gym, among other activities. What I loved the most was that they have a very independent lifestyle, but still do not have to worry about doing certain chores that would strain energy, such as housekeeping and laundry. Now they have more time to just enjoy themselves and explore new things that they could not have done in other places. The staff was also very welcoming and helpful when I went to visit and showed that a lot of thought is put into providing a relaxing environment for not just the residents, but also their families. It was an overall great experience and now I can rest easy knowing that my family is in good hands.

Independent Living Reviews for Renaissance-Austin

October 16, 2014

By Rick25

I think if my parents are in a little bit better shape and obviously a little bit more on wealth to support them over the years, that was just a beautiful place. They can’t drive anymore, and they can’t travel much. Travelers can travel around the country and stay at other Holiday retirement communities for no charge, I thought that was a spectacular program. I came at lunch, and I observed people. The food was wonderful. I went home with some delicious cookies. The facility was very nice and beautiful. Again, it’s just independent living. As people age and they deteriorate, you’d be looking to bring in home care service which would be very expensive. It’s very difficult to maintain. If you’re only looking for independent living, that’s a superb facility.

May 22, 2014

By Cathy46

I had a very short visit at Renaissance-Austin. It seemed very nice and very luxurious, but it felt dark and kind of oppressive to me. It was almost like being in a museum. They had beautiful art work on the wall and beautiful furniture. It just seemed to be too formal for my mom, but it was a beautiful place. The people were great. They had a bigger staff. They are friendly, very welcoming, helpful, nice, and very much willing to give me lots of information. Their dining room was also very nice, but a little too formal with white tablecloths and crystals. I liked the fact that they had a pool, and it seemed it had more than one shuttle bus to move people around. I thought they were also pretty much at full capacity and need a much bigger place.

November 04, 2011

By emrfd

The Renaissance Austin (owned by Holiday) is a solid choice for assisted living, and its employees are caring and attentive. Their food is decent, better than most. They have weekly activities, a free shuttle service, and reasonable monthly rates. Housing consists of studio, one bedroom, and two bedroom units. The most unique feature of The Renaissance is that they have dedicated live-in managers. These managers live at the Renaissance year-round, 24 hours a day and dine with residents, participate in activities, and make sure residents feel safe and included. No other retirement community that I've visited has this feature. Another unusual Renaissance feature is a community service program. Residents have the opportunity to volunteer in the local community through service projects such as helping children with reading skills, supporting U.S. troops, or working with local homeless shelters. While visiting, I learned that Renaissance offers a free one week travel program to residents. From what I was told, residents can visit other Holiday owned properties (in other states) and stay free for a week. The person I visited at Renaissance Austin was happy to be staying there and had made new friends through her bridge group.

Costs for Renaissance-Austin

Photos of Renaissance-Austin

Services and Amenities of Renaissance-Austin

• Hiking Trails

• About Renaissance-Austin

Living the retirement dream in Austin, Texas...what more could a person ask for?

In Austin, nature, history, and culture abound. Live music is no stranger to the street and 300 days of sunshine a year simply cannot be beat! What's not to love about retirement living at Renaissance-Austin?

Map of Renaissance-Austin