Buckner Villas Retirement Community

Buckner Villas Retirement Community (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Buckner Villas Retirement Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Buckner Villas Retirement Community

August 28, 2014

The staff at Buckner Villas seemed really nice. There has been quite a bit of literature and followup with several phone calls. They have a gym, a theater, and they have a scheduled transportation. They have a chef on staff who makes wonderful food and they also have a pastry chef. They are just incredible. This one is a continuing care community and they have cottages and apartments. We looked at the two-bedroom apartments and they were reasonably sized. They also have a storage facility in addition to the apartments and the houses. Everybody is allotted one storage unit. The staff seemed to care. Their staff has been there for awhile. That's what I like best about it. What they could improve on though is for the residents to have more say on how the facilities are operated.

March 13, 2012

By deedle1

The admission process was easy, but lengthy. We met with a very friendly woman in the front office who had a stack of paperwork about one and a half inches high! She carefully went through each page with us, showing us where to sign (if needed), and gave us plenty of time to read each page in full if we wanted to. We never felt rushed. At one point, we had a question about the level at which my mother-in-law was qualified versus what we feel her true capabilities and needs are. We were easily able to stop signing paperwork while she contacted the director in charge of that unit, who immediately came in and talked to us about what kind of accommodations needed to be made for mother-in-law, and whether or not Buckner Villas could make such accommodations. It turned out that they could, and we enrolled mother-in-law into the home.

January 10, 2012

By commercesd

The Buckner Villas is a lovely retirement community in Austin that we decided to visit while in the area. Our uncle needs a supervised place to live. This estate is quite large, and is very well maintained. The spacious and beautiful apartments were like high-end condos we've seen -- only they provide a higher level of service and care for its residents. They can adapt care needs according to the residents, which is really nice. They can accommodate memory care as well as skilled nursing services. They have plenty of space for every activity you can think of, and a few more. There is also space for family and friends to visit. The staff is caring and very good at assessing the needs of the residents, from what we saw. The resident also get to enjoy many outings on the town for afternoon adventures in the city. The dining areas looked really spacious and the food delicious. The nutritious menus feature a variety of options for seniors to enjoy with many types of food. Snacks are always readily available and offered regularly. It was clear to us that the residents here were all very content and the staff very committed to providing the best living environment for the seniors who reside here.

Independent Living Reviews for Buckner Villas Retirement Community

March 29, 2013

By inspire me

Buckner Villas was a small complex and everything was brand new. It was an excellent place. If it was only my mother that I would move, but the place was not suitable for both my parents.

April 10, 2012

By CaringFriend

My friend from church hosts her personal events using the community facilities at Buckner Villa. As a result, I've seen the staff and resident interaction, tasted the food, experienced various events on site, and see that it truly provides a caring home-style environment where residents can maintain their personal activities and entertain. The staff is always pleasant and helpful. The public areas are clean and comfortable, and the food is exceptional. There are multiple food choices too. Last time I was there, we ate at a little bistro with sandwiches, desserts, salads, and snacks. Access to the community is easy, and it's close to shopping, dining, a variety of churches, and public transportation. I only give it four stars because they don't accommodate pets, which I feel is very important. However, some people don't want animals and I recognize that. Buckner offers a variety of care levels, various sizes of accommodations to suit singles or couples, and they welcome visitors too.

Nursing Home Reviews for Buckner Villas Retirement Community

About Buckner Villas Retirement Community

Buckner Villas Retirement Community is a senior living provider in Austin, Texas that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Nursing Homes. Contact Buckner Villas Retirement Community for more details on services and rates.

Map of Buckner Villas Retirement Community