Greenfield Residences of Arlington

Reviews of Greenfield Residences of Arlington

Independent Living Reviews for Greenfield Residences of Arlington

February 10, 2017

By Richard552541

The residents at Greenfield Residences of Arlington were all happy. They had lots of activities that they could go do. The community was for people that were healthy. It smells great, and they keep everything clean. You could look at the baseboards, and you could tell that they’re clean because the top of the baseboards are clean. I like the cleanliness of it and the employees; as you pass them, they’ll greet you. My brother is in a private room with a little kitchenette, a microwave, a full-sized refrigerator, and a nice, big restroom with a shower. It had plenty of room for his furniture. If any family has any problem, they’re there to fix it. They’re really good. We’ve been real happy with them.

December 16, 2016

By Mary170775

I was very impressed with Greenfield Residences of Arlington. It was like going into a high-class hotel. A massage therapist would come in, and they did different things, like a masquerade party and an antique car show. It was a little bit too pricey but everything was inclusive. The food was fabulous, and the people there were very warm, very outgoing, and very welcoming. I felt so good about it. Out of all the places that I visited, it cost the most per month. The lady said that for the people that cannot get around, they have caretakers come from the outside to help them out.

November 07, 2016

By Lana603365

Greenfield Residences was a very nice place. I had lunch with one of the directors there who was very nice. I was able to see one of the apartment complexes, but they didn’t have any 2-bedrooms to show. Everything was clean, and the people were very nice. I have noticed there are not very many people or residents, and I have to wonder why. The location was good, and they provided transportation to doctor’s appointments and had activities for the residents.

November 01, 2016

By Renee656301

Greenfield offered everything we were looking for, for mom. The staff was friendly, we had interactions with the residents and people that have been there for a long time. They have physical therapy that she can do right on site. Bottom line was the price; it was the determinate factor. She is on the waiting list for a studio, but she is presently living in a 1-bedroom apartment at a reduced rate.

June 28, 2016

By Kipton225728

Greenfield Residences of Arlington was excellent. It just cost too much at about $3,300 a month. We had a meal with Pam, and it was pretty good. The rooms were kind of small and didn't have much room. That's the only negative. For the money, the rooms were awfully small. The rooms were a little bit disappointing, but the grounds, the food, the care, the elevators were all great. It was a nice place. The room that we would have that we couldn't afford was pretty small. They only had one window air conditioner for the place and a fan going through the wall to suck air from the one room that had the window air conditioner. That doesn't work very well.

June 23, 2016

By Savoy727504

My grandmother moved to Greenfield Residences two months ago. It has a warm staff, nice amenities, and nice rooms. They check on her every hour and give her medicine. They have an on-site beauty shop and barber shop, a bar section, and take trips to the museum, stores, and the bank. They have lots of facilities for the guests and family. It’s just real nice and real affordable, too.

June 22, 2016

By Elizabeth131471

I moved into Greenfield Residences, and it’s fantastic. It’s beautiful on the outside and inclusive of all meals with a choice of what you want to eat. The food is wonderful. You sit down at your table and they come in and take your order and make it for you. It's never cold. They come in and clean your apartment once a week. They have a nurse on 24/7 and have Genesis and Bridges if you need more help. Each floor has washers and dryers and tons of activities. The staff is just unbelievable, and I have already brought some people there. It has everything you need, and a piano player comes in every week.

March 21, 2016

By Ron K.

Our impression of Greenfield Residences of Arlington was very good. It stood out because we felt it was very comfortable for us in terms of the price and met everything that we wanted in terms of living arrangements. The staff members who helped us with the tour were very good, and we met all of the managers while we were there. The dining area was excellent, and we found the meal to be very acceptable.

February 29, 2016

By Linda B2

I really loved Greenfield Residences of Arlington. It’s just across the road from where my sister lives and it’s on my way anywhere I would go. I loved the apartments. In fact, I immediately took my mom from the rehab and brought her to see this facility. That’s how much I loved this facility. They have available walkers and wheelchairs all around just in case the residents would need one. They have a library. Their dining room is on the third floor and it is very nice with a big piano. They have people come in to entertain the residents. I really like the wait staff, they were familiar with everyone. They have a nice media room where they show movies. The front desk people were just very accommodating and pleasant. They have really good activities for their residents and mom was very impressed. The pricing was also better than the other ones I visited.

December 30, 2015

By Visitor40

Greenfield Residences of Arlington was gorgeous and clean, and everyone was very nice during the one day I saw them. As far as I could tell after one day, the cleanliness was fine.

September 29, 2015

We’ve been very pleased with Greenfield Residences of Arlington. The staff has been welcoming and helpful. My mom found it a very nice place. They have daily activities like card games, and people come there and perform music. The local library comes in regularly. The dining room is very attractive, and the service is good. My mom said good things about the food. I like everything about it.

September 20, 2015

By Five states

My mother is a former resident of Greenfield Residences of Arlington. From the moment we walked into the facility, it felt like home. It is a beautifully updated complex with something for everyone - coffee stations, conversation areas, library, exercise room, game area, entertainment room, patios, dog park, movie theater, pub, and a beautiful dining room that offers 3 meals each day (2 on weekends) which are served "restaurant-style). The apartments are very nice and utilities and cable are included. The staff goes "above and beyond" to serve each resident. They are friendly and caring. There are many activities from which to choose as well as special events throughout the year for residents and families. Transportation for shopping and appointments is provided. Eventually my mother needed a higher level of care and had to leave Greenfield, but I understand that they now have a personal care service and rehab housed there for those who need the services. I will always be thankful to the staff at Greenfield for taking such wonderful care of my mom. It is a great place!!!!

September 07, 2015

By Caring112090250

Greenfield Residences of Arlington had two feedings instead of one. Everybody's kind of rushed out of the dining room so that other people can come in, and when you come in, they don't have anything laid out on the table. The meals are a big event of the day, so they need to figure out how to just have one feeding and set the table ahead of time. This was a larger facility, so it's more confusing to get around, and it had a colder feel to it. However, they have buses to appointments, they have help available that you can pay for, a barber shop on site, and cleaning services.

August 27, 2015

By Victoria11

The Arbrook Retirement Living Community was kind of big, and it’s quite a distance to go to her meals. It is not as clean as it used to be, but it was cheaper. The staff was fine. The rooms and the dining area were nice.

July 12, 2015

By Concerned relative of resident

My mother has lived here for several years. She tries to eat healthy, so she can enjoy her life longer. When we visited the residence, before she moved in, she was told that most of the food was made from scratch in the kitchen. This is not true. Most of the food is canned, frozen, etc. and full of sugar and sodium. They always serve a healthy choice, but it is the same one every day. Our concern is that she is not getting enough fresh fruits and vegetables when most of what they serve is fried, reheated, etc. Another problem is that the wait staff in the cafeteria is slow, whether that is because there are not enough of them for the amount of residence or whether they are just not good at their jobs, I am not sure. The times I have been there to eat, which was every few weeks at first, it seemed that there were not enough staff, but when my mother brought this up at a resident meeting, she was told there were enough staff and they would look into her complaint. Nothing got better. If anything it has been worse on some days. One other item some may want to take into account when looking at this facility is the apartment cleaning. A cleaning person comes in once a week, but does not dust, clean the kitchen cabinets or vacuum the dust and lint that accumulates on the heating/AC system that sits in the corner of the room. They essentially change the bed linen, wipe down the bathroom and sweep the floors. I have to go over and finish cleaning Mom's apartment when I can. Before Greenfield took over, when it was Arbrook Senior Retirement, I was happy to see that there was plenty of activities for the residence and places for there to be several kinds of activities going on at one time. NOW, Greenfield has taken away some of the residences areas and rented them out to agencies that offer elder care. This has disappointed us, since it has taken away from my Mom's enjoyment of the place. Since it is considered an Independent Care facility, and the people who live there are able to care for themselves or they have home health come in, there is no reason, except money, for the activity areas to be rented out to health care companies. I will say, on a positive note, the staff, especially the driver of the van and the activities coordinator, are very friendly and caring. Unfortunately we will be looking for another place for Mom to live, if things keep on as they are.

June 12, 2013

The staff at The Arbrook Retirement Living Community are very friendly and very nice. They had good follow-up on the visit. Residents seemed very nice and pleased with where they were.

April 30, 2013

By Gilda1

My mother is at The Arkbrook. It is the cheapest facility we found at $1300 a month. She is provided 3 meals, and I think the food is okay even if I haven't eaten there. The dining area is nice too. The facility also provides wide house cleaning. They allow small pets. The staff members are nice. They always help with the elderly when a family member can't really rush over there and do anything. They take residents shopping at WalMart and take them to doctor appointments. The residents also have a movie room for entertainment. The facility is clean and looks up-to-date. I don't have any complaints.

April 13, 2012

By tamarawilhite

While they offer assistance with meal preparation and housework and help staff with medication, my grandfather's declining vision and mobility forced him to move. They could serve someone in a walker but did not want a patient in a wheel chair long term. His medical needs were manageable until he lost vision in one eye and nearly lost it it in the other, making him nearly blind. We had to move him to another facility, since this seemed beyond their scope of car. The staff were caring and considerate, but when no one really helped my grandfather, he was essentially bed-bound. They didn't help him with bathing or shaving as much as we thought they should. His diabetes testing and shots were basic, but could have been done more often. And paying for skilled nursing care seemed to be an add-on to the already high monthly cost. After moving him to another nursing home, he actually got enough help to learn the new location to be semi-mobile, using a walker in his room and wheelchair outside of it. If your family member is simply suffering mild dementia, on oxygen or somewhat limited, this facility is probably good for you, especially given the discounts given for veterans. For more serious health issues, this facility is not a good fit.

Questions about Greenfield Residences of Arlington

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Greenfield Residences of Arlington. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our community is 75-80. We have many things going on daily. Bingo is a fun activity and we have it twice a week.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are 3 blocks down from The Highlands. This is an outdoor mall area with many fun shops, and many restaurants. We are also just a few blocks from the Dallas Cowboy Stadium, ATT Stadium, and the Ballpark in Arlington, home of the Texas Rangers.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Greenfield Residences of Arlington has organized?

They have traveled to Oklahoma to Winstar Casino and to Choctaw Casino in the past. They also have attended the Arlington Symphony and the Prairie Lights. They go out to a restaurant monthly. Our driver also takes the van to 24 Hour Fitness 3 mornings per week for Silver Sneakers.

What transportation services does Greenfield Residences of Arlington offer to independent living residents?

We furnish transportation for doctor's appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays, within a 10 mile radius. The other three days, they travel weekly to Walmart, Target, Kroger, and other shopping areas.

What makes the chef or dining program at Greenfield Residences of Arlington exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

We serve a full breakfast every morning as well as a great lunch. We have two serving times for lunch, as it is the largest meal of the day. We serve a full dinner Mondays through Fridays. The menu varies and there is an alternate menu that the residents are able to order from, if their favorites are not on the menu for that particular day. There are also sugar-free choices available.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have many common areas on each of the three floors. Our second floor has a large room called The Gathering Place where we have church services, music programs, and all entertainment. There is a pool table, poker table, along with tables for cards, dominoes, and games.

What safety features or security measures does Greenfield Residences of Arlington offer to independent living residents?

We are a gated community. There is a staff member on duty 24 hours each day. The outside doors lock upon exit. There are emergency pull cords located in every bedroom and bath in each apartment. We also have pendants for purchase that pick up anywhere on the property.

If Greenfield Residences of Arlington accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We love our pets here! We have a nice fenced area that we call Central Bark. You may walk your dog anywhere on the property as long as they are on a leash. We also provide bags to clean up after your pet.

Does Greenfield Residences of Arlington work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We are very fortunate here to have Bridges Care Services, and Genesis Rehab Services located in our building. We also allow any Home Health Companies to be in our building as well. Our hope is that the residents can transition and age in place without needing to move to get a higher level of care.

Costs for Greenfield Residences of Arlington

Photos of Greenfield Residences of Arlington

Services and Amenities of Greenfield Residences of Arlington

• General Store
  • Features Extra: Fitness Room/Gym

About Greenfield Residences of Arlington

Greenfield Residences of Arlington is an independent living community in Arlington, TX designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact Greenfield Residences of Arlington for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Active, Fun and Friendly!

We’re fond of saying that every day at The Greenfield Residences of Arlington is like a reunion of good friends and family. It’s that approach to life that makes living in our community so special. Of course, we’re also very proud of the lifestyle and many wonderful features we have to offer residents, such as:

• Outstanding Resident Services
  • An Emphasis on Peace of Mind and Worry-Free Living
  • A Calendar of Daily Events and Activities
  • Elegant Dining
  • Planned Excursions
  • Exercise Classes
  • Unrivaled Amenities
  • Kitchenettes consisting of full sized refrigerator, 2 burner cook top and microwave
  • And more!

The Greenfield Residences of Arlington Community offers an exceptional residential environment for individuals seeking a dynamic and rewarding retirement lifestyle.

Our community offers 3rd party supportive care services that allows residents to age in place.

Map of Greenfield Residences of Arlington