Atria Lake Arlington

Offers Assisted Living and Independent Living

2500 Woodside Drive, Arlington, TX 76016
Atria Lake Arlington (844) 325-8230
PROMOTION! 73 days

The best time to choose Atria is right Now! For a limited time, you can lock in our current rental rate with no increases until at least January 1, 2020 - Details apply. Must sign lease by September 30, 2018

Reviews of Atria Lake Arlington

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Lake Arlington

June 12, 2018

By Carol

I'm in Atria Lake Arlington, and I'm perfectly happy here. There are many types of rooms here, studios, 1- bedrooms, 2-bedrooms, and 3-bedrooms also. The staff is the best you can get. The food is great, they serve three meals a day, and the menu is more than you could want. There are a lot of activities, like Dominoes, Bingo, and arts and crafts to name a few.

December 21, 2017

By CE

My mom moved into Brookdale Lake Arlington. The facility is warm, cozy, and has a really homey feel to it. The staff has been there for quite a while, and they genuinely care for my mother. My mother told me she's happy. She has a little apartment with a sink, refrigerator, microwave, and cabinets above and below where she can store things. She has her bed, a small couch, and a chair. They clean for her once a week and they meet her needs based on what she needs. My mom eats three meals a day in the dining room and they matched her with a group of people that she enjoys having conversations with. They also have a lot of activities going on every day. My mom goes to the morning exercises, and they have a salon and crafts in the hobby room. They have a courtyard where I take my mom out on sunny afternoons, with a nice garden area that's very quiet and beautiful. My mother loves the food. I love the place and it's just perfect for us.

May 03, 2017

By Karen332865

The people at Brookdale Lake Arlington were very nice, but it was older. The kitchenette was a counter and a small refrigerator. It’s our second choice. The location was pretty and one of the closest, so the location was fantastic. The staff answered all of our questions and seemed to know a lot of the residents.

November 29, 2016

By Miss Blue

My mother has been a resident for several years. We have always been pleased with the quality of her care in Assisted Living, We chose Brookdale over a prettier facility because the caregiver staff at Brookdale are truly caring and kind.

September 30, 2016

By Sandra137233

We arrived at Brookdale Lake Arlington for our scheduled appointment, but the director was tied up, so we waited for 20 minutes. Everyone seemed so disorganized, and the place was so dirty. We walked through the lunch area, and the floor was so sticky, I thought I was going to lose my flip-flop shoes.

May 17, 2016

By Loving WifeKEGRE

The rooms at Brookdale Lake could use some improvement. The room we visited had part of its floor coming up, and it looked like it needed to be painted and was old. The staff seemed OK, but the rooms turned me off. The landscaping was nice enough. We went in, down the hallway, through some locked doors, and into memory care. It didn?t look really big. I think overall, the whole building needed to be remodeled. The outside looked fairly good. The dining area wasn?t really big.

May 10, 2016

By Suzi3

My husband is at Brookdale Lake Arlington, and the tour was very good. The rooms, atmosphere, and dining room are nice. The people were just right. The food is good. I was absolutely pleased with everything. The staff is very accommodating and try to really please the residents as well as their families. They provide good activities for their residents.

April 29, 2016

By KCSofa

My mother has been a resident at this Brookdale facility for almost 7 years. We have found her care to be wonderful, with very few exceptions. Our few occasional concerns have been handled professionally, promptly and to our satisfaction throughout her tenure. We consider the caregivers and personnel at Brookdale Lake Arlington to be like family. You won't regret a decision to use Bookdale Lake Arlington!

January 27, 2016

By AnonymousVisitor101

From what I saw, Brookdale Lake Arlington was alright. We checked a few rooms; they were clean, and spacious.

January 26, 2016

By A Visitor3

My visit at Brookdale Lake Arlington was great. However, they didn’t have the room size that we needed. The people were very amiable. Even the nurse was available to talk with us. It was a very good visit. I saw different people out and about. There were people reading and things like that.

December 29, 2015

Brookdale Lake Arlington was a first-class place. The people were all very nice. The food was good. There was one big, elegant room with tables covered in tablecloths order your meal from a menu, so it felt like being in a restaurant. They have field trips, too.

June 28, 2015

By Susan107609850

Brookdale Lake Arlington was beautiful, and it was very clean. The staff was wonderful; they were nice. They showed us several apartments, and they were very beautiful. I saw their library, their craft area, and their dining area. There was a meal in progress when we were there, but I just chose not to eat. Their parking facility -- because my dad still drives -- was very nice. I think the staff was really wonderful, and you could tell that the residents really enjoyed living there. It was a very happy and pleasant place.

March 19, 2015

We found my mom a place named Brookdale Arlington. They have crafts, dominoes, and cards. They have church services and outings to restaurants, symphonies, and stores. The food is fine. She likes it. The dining area is setup like a restaurant. The place is locked after 8 o'clock, and you have to ring a bell to get in. The rooms are very homey and very nice. Everything was painted and updated when we moved in like new carpet and new doors. The hominess of it impressed me. There are call buttons in the rooms. You are supposed to push the call button every day to let them know you are OK if you don't go downstairs to meals. If they haven't see you for a meal and you haven't pushed your call button, then they will call to check and see if you are OK. The only problem we had is only on a specific person and not anything based on the programing. We have addressed this with the director, and they are aware of it. My mom hasn't been well enough to participate in the activities.

October 15, 2014

By Haydee1

Horizon Bay Arlington was very clean. Everything that I saw in that place was good. The staff was nice as well. The nurses' station was in the middle which you could see directly when you walk in. The reception area was on its left side and the rooms were on its right side. The dining area was straight ahead. They had a dining room where everybody can eat.They also had a private dining room for residents who needed extra care. I saw a two bedroom apartment, and it was pretty spacious. The residents can bring their own furniture. They had a gazebo for their exercises. I like that the place smells good. I think the place was great.

June 30, 2014

I visited Horizon Bay Arlington and was treated very nicely. The staff was friendly, and there was no rush. The rooms were clean and decent. It was a nice place. I like the attitude and atmosphere of everything there. The facility was clean and had a friendly feeling. I thought it was a positive experience.

June 17, 2014

The woman at Horizon Bay is great. Everything is clean and neat. There is a little area for them to have breakfast, and then they can have any of their meals in the dining room. They look like they have quite a few activities that could help my mother-in-law. They have special activities for Alzheimer patients, and it's like a therapy but more gamey. I like that because my mother-in-law is getting worse by the day. It seemed like they care about their residents and that's what I was looking for.

January 27, 2014

By William26

Everything was good at Horizon Bay. It was one of the better places I like. The place itself was fine. The staff were very accommodating. It was Saturday morning when we visited the place, they were having an activity group. They have a room where they play old movies pretty much of the time. I liked best about this place was the friendliness of the staff, their willingness to help and their interest in their jobs.

December 31, 2013

By Claire9

Horizon Bay at Arlington was very nice and so as it's staff. They had activities like bingo and movies. But it's just too small for us.

December 29, 2013

I have a two bedroom, two bath apartment at Horizon Bay Arlington. I really like the atmosphere of the place. The staff were excellent and the residents are nice. They have a fenced courtyard so I can take my dog out with no fear her being attacked or getting away. So everything is very good here. They do offer activities, but I don’t participate. I have no complains at all in this facility and I'm glad I moved.

November 28, 2013

By Alana4

I cannot say enough good things about Horizon Bay. From the office staff to the maintenance men, their caring concern has been shown to both my friend and to me and other visitors. These people have made it obvious that this was the right decision for a retirement facility.

September 29, 2013

I got some friends who had parents up in Horizon Bay, so I had been there several times. For my parents though, I think it was more than what they could afford. This facility was like three blocks from where I live. It was very nice. The staff was very helpful and very friendly. I've only seen an efficiency apartment and it was just average-looking.

July 31, 2013

By Thomas14

I thought Horizon Bay-Arlington was really nice. They had personal living quarters. You could have dinner anytime you wanted. The kitchen was always open and you could just walk in there. The staff was nice and friendly. It's just that there's no way to afford a place like that unless you had assistance of some kind.

April 13, 2012

By jb33

I have a family friend that lives at Horizon Bay and I have visited her here several times. Everytime I have come it always feels peaceful and homey. It's nice because it has the feel of independant living, but also the support of assited living if you should need it. Our friend especially likes the shuttle service they offer, taking her to near by shopping, dining or anywere she may need to go. The community also offers many other added benefits that most other apartment housing wouldn't. They have a beauty salon, library, computer lab, tea room, just to name a few and also have around the clock restaurant style dining prepared freshly daily by a chef.. how cool is that! Another wonderful benefit is their I-Care program that offers residents help with daily living, activites and memory care. Which I think is a very vital and important program to have that many facilites do not offer. With all the wonderful programs and benefits offered by Horizon Bay, I think the most wonderful quality of this community is the compassionate care provided by all the staff. I would definetly recommend this facility to anyone looking for a wonderful place to call home.

January 20, 2012

By commercesd

The Eden Gardens assisted living facility was a place we chose to visit as part of our search for a place for our aunt. The grounds were well tended and the residents are free to walk outer areas under safe supervision. The community rooms find seniors engaging in a variety of social activities such as lively discussions and card games. They also enjoy media, reading and other social events. All of these rooms looked spacious, well tended and comforting. The private living spaces are all designed for the comfort of each senior "“ with colors meaningful furnishings. They all had lost of nice, natural, bright light, as well. The dining rooms were are designed to be home-like and seemed very pleasant to be in. The seniors clearly enjoyed eating in them. They also host parties and other gatherings in these rooms when they aren't being used for dining. The menus featured a lot of nice healthy and appetizing foods. They will also prepare special requests of residents. The food we saw looked and smelled very appetizing. The nutritious snacks are offered at various times throughout the day, but also are available any time. The residents visit local eateries, art museums and galleries and libraries, in addition to shopping. Their fitness room offers yoga and stretching classes weekly. They can also use the equipment with a private trainer if they like. Many residents enjoy supervised outings along the grounds daily. We could really tell that the residents here enjoy their lives here "“ and that the staff is kind and respectful to them.

November 17, 2011

By Concrete angel

I arrived at this facility as a visitor during the Christmas holiday season with a class from my school. We were there to bring some holiday cheer to the residents at this facility. Upon arriving the first thing I noticed was how immaculate the place was. Everything looked new and clean, layed out ienenn perfect order. The staff was very nice and helpful, treating the residents as if they were family to them. We were told upon arriving that not all residents would be able to participate. We were told to wash our hands and not to touch anything that would harm the residents. We got to talk to several residents and hear their sad stories of how they rarely have visitors, and feel as if their families have sort of forgotten about them, out of sight out of mind, an that the holiday season isn't so cheerful anymore because of that fact. They said that the nurses and employees that work there are likthese only family they have, it was a horrible thing to hear. But they made us visitors feel so special knowing that we were able to touch the lives of many of these residents who really had no hope left. The nurses were very accommodating to all of them in more than one way and when they thought they were over stimulated they took them back to their rooms for a nap. had a piano in the main hall where we played music and sang to the residents, trying to bring them Christmas cheer.

June 23, 2011

By WelbBox

Horizon Bay is a great way of living in comfort and peace. I have enjoyed 2 years at Horizon Bay and have enjoyed all my days here. It enables me to live independently and safely because it is just minutes away from Arlington Memorial Hospital. I also get to have fun because it is right by many shopping and entertainment centers. I mainly enjoy not having to do household chores, mowing the lawn. It also makes me feel right at home with the apartment style housing. Its great because they shuttle you to where you would like to eat, and they transport me where ever i would like to go. And that is why Horizon Bay is a great place to live, i hope it helps your decision on assisted living.

July 20, 2009

By Carolee-1

My loved one stayed here

I just wanted to post in response to the prior review. The two complaints everyone there has are: the food and boredom. I can't eat there. Institutional food. The final straw was noodles being served by a gloved hand depositing food from tray to plate. Not even a serving utensil. I always take my mother out to eat when I visit each week. On a positive note this was the nicest place we saw when shopping for a place.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Lake Arlington

Photos of Atria Lake Arlington

Services and Amenities of Atria Lake Arlington

• General Store

• Internet Enabled Rooms

About Atria Lake Arlington

Brookdale Lake Arlington provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Arlington, TX community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Brookdale Lake Arlington can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg, the mission of Brookdale Lake Arlington is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Arlington, TX community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Atria Lake Arlington