Arlington Plaza

Offers Independent Living

6801 W Poly Webb Rd, Arlington, TX 76016
Arlington Plaza (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 27 days

Move-in by March 31st and receive $500 off your first 3 months. Applies to April, May, and June rent. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Arlington Plaza

Independent Living Reviews for Arlington Plaza

October 10, 2019

By Thomas

Arlington Plaza was nice. The staff was very respectful, embraced us, and were very detailed about what each location offered. It had a pleasant atmosphere. I didn't see anything out of place. It's pretty much what I expected out of an independent living facility. They tried to do whatever they could do to make things accessible. The rooms were nice, but the design was a little dated. It had a basic sleeping area, and the restrooms had tools and things you can use for any type of disability.

Thank you for your review, Thomas! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience of visiting our community.

April 23, 2019

By Terry

We had a very good experience at Arlington Plaza. The living atmosphere was wonderful. I have no complaints. The residents were nice and they make you feel welcome. If I had the money I would want my mother to live there. The staff was wonderful, very friendly, and answered any questions we asked. Everything looked great. We watched an activity going on and it was very neat.

May 14, 2018

By Nick

I visited Arlington Plaza, and the visit went very well. They do not have many activities, but they have arts and crafts, and they serve three meals. They showed us a studio, and a 1-bedroom, and it was very adequate. The staff was well-informed, very thorough, and very professional.

Hi Nick, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! We hope you are still considering Arlington Plaza as your home. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Have a great day!

November 08, 2017

By Joyce

My husband and I moved into Arlington Plaza. The staff is really friendly. The location is good, not busy, and is pretty easy. They have games and different things and they have garage parking. They have pretty good-sized rooms and it's not claustrophobic.

June 07, 2017

By anxious-but-relieved-adult-kids

First week of parent's moving in. The only social activity tried so far is Bingo but the activity calendar is filled with fun-looking, enriching past-times. A nice size library, activity room with some exercise equipment and beautiful billiards table are also available. There are three on-site agencies that provide personal care and home health services; and at least two of the three have a 24/7 presence on site. The dining room is lovely and the meal presentation is straight out of an upscale restaurant with the service, linens and settings. The food looks and smells delicious and I hear that it is very tasty. The executive chef prepares several options per meal and I have seen him interact with the residents and they are encouraged to give feedback. Snacks and hydration stations are accessible all day and again with nice presentation. This is an older facility but has been maintained well. The shared areas seem to be in good condition and there is elevator access as well as stairs. The unit we chose has new flooring and paint and we can hang artwork or TVs as we please. Each room is climate-controlled by the resident. The facility provides cable TV and local transportation at no extra charge. They also provide all towels and sheets and launder them weekly. Residents have access to free washers and dryers or can contract with one of the on-site agencies for laundry service. There is a screen door leading from the apartment to the patio in addition to windows so the apartment can be opened on nice days. The landscaping is colorful and well-maintained. The parking garages only have a 6' clearance and require walking access by steps or stairs. There is handicap parking in back but it is limited. The staff have gone out of their way to make us feel welcome and have even checked on our loved one when late to a meal. The worry about whether or not she eats, socializes, or the general condition of her welfare is gone. Mom has made some new friends, loves the food and the ability to keep her apartment at 80 if she wants. We love that she is still as independent in a clean, safe, enjoyable environment but can still get the occasional help as needed. Have already recommended to others.

February 01, 2017

By Lisa041155

I visited Arlington Plaza. They had a pool, poker table, and a library. They could walk around the grounds. The staff was very nice.

November 22, 2016

By James044862

Arlington Plaza was very clean, very well maintained, and beautiful. Everything was fresh. The appliances and the carpeting were fresh. The tour was good, and I loved what I saw. The staff was very personable people. They explained a lot of stuff on the tour. They were very nice. The room was spacious. There was a lot of extra space like in the bedroom that I did not expect to be in an apartment. It was very nice.

November 21, 2016

By VE564143

Arlington Plaza was OK, but it this reminded me of a nursing home instead of a senior independent living. The staff was friendly. It smelled like a nursing home. They have music, a recreational area, and church services. The rooms were nice and clean.

Hi VE564143, we appreciate you taking the time to respond. We also appreciate your very kind words around our nice, clean rooms. The staff at Arlington Plaza takes our reviews very seriously, and we appreciate very much your reaching out to share these thoughts with us around your tour. We also appreciate you taking the time to visit, and wish you a positive experience and the very best of luck in your search! Let us know if we can ever be of any assistance or answer any questions for you!

November 01, 2016

By Renee656301

Arlington Plaza was a smaller and older community. It was very clean and scaled down from the other facility in every way -- in size, the amenities and the quantity of options -- but the staff was very nice. Our visit was different because we didn’t have a meal, so we didn’t get to meet people and engage with them as much as we get it. The staff and the people that we did talk to were very nice. I think the downfall on that facility is it was too small, and they self-park, but they do offer a valet service. The parking is under the building and it’s on a hill and it’s not safe for people for my mom mobile and impaired. It didn’t meet any of our needs.

August 15, 2016

By Tina644530

Arlington Plaza is a nice community, but the buildings are a little bit older. They have front porches, which my mom loves.

By MaryMGUAD

Arlington Plaza was very warm and welcoming. Everything was very nice and well put together. The rooms were kind of small, and the prices were high, but that’s what they said you had to expect. They had lots of activities on a monthly calendar and had something every day for the participants. I would recommend it because of the variety of menus, activities, and the friendliness of the staff.

By Thaddeus1

I visited my mom in Arlington Plaza and it's wonderful. My mom's room is setup really nice. She loves it. They have songs, country clubs, they do Bingo, they have St. Patrick's day party, and casinos. There's exercise, theater, pharmacy, bank and hair salon. The staff is very nice and their service is wonderful.

By ElaineFBFRC

I visited Arlington Plaza. They were very friendly and kind and acted like you’re their friend that could sit down and talk with for half the day. The living quarters were more spacious. They have little patios or sitting areas outside your room, which I liked. They were all very nice and clean. The dining room was very open and spacious. Everyone was very friendly and seemed to enjoy visiting with each other. I think I could be friends with the lady who introduced me to the place and took me around to the different activities and things to do.

March 21, 2016

My mom has been in Arlington Plaza for almost a year and is doing very well. It’s a very nice, little, two-story place. The staff treats us very well. They have exercises and bring in people for church services and all kinds of different things. They have very good food and provide all three meals. They do a very good job.

March 20, 2016

By Loving Daughter106

Arlington Plaza was a very nice place with seemingly lots of activities going on. Everyone was very friendly and very social. The staff was very exceptional in their relationships with the residents. The cleanliness wasn’t above average, but it was good.

February 15, 2016

By Jefferi

I would have chosen Arlington Plaza over the other place I visited; although it was an older building, and it was not as fancy. However, it was very clean. It was very roomy to walk through. I had to walk with assistance, but I had no problems getting around in there. They had an exercise area as well as a TV room. They had a generalized open area. The dining area was upstairs, and a little further back; but it was very easy to get around. It was very well laid out. All of the servers who were there made, to my knowledge, extra efforts to make sure that I had everything that I wanted. If they did not have it, they looked at what they did have, and checked with the chef.

December 16, 2015

By Visitor13

Arlington Plaza is an older facility and needs to be upgraded. There’s a nasty smell when you walk in the room.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience at Arlington Plaza. We pride ourselves on cleanliness, so your concerns about smell and mustiness are very discerning. I've passed your review on to our Resident Relations department for investigation and resolve. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention, Katie

September 29, 2015

By M. Rice

I visited Arlington Plaza. It was a nice place. It was a little bit older so the furnishings were a little bit older, but it was still clean. The good thing I liked about it was that the managers lived onsite so they were available 24/7. The disadvantage was that they had a limited parking space available for visitors. They had a covered parking space, but it do not accommodate large vehicles like SUV. The food there was good. The hospitality was good. The price was a little bit more than what we were paying at the place we chose, but it was comparable to other places. The only suggestion I had, was for them to redo the parking garage, the level of it so that it could accommodate larger size vehicles.

August 08, 2015

I visited Arlington Plaza. They were great. Everything was great. It was good; however, it had an older feel to it than the other facility.

June 25, 2015

We liked Arlington Plaza, but she needs more care than they are able to give her. We liked it,, and she liked it, but it is a senior living place, and she needs more care. It is more or less living on her own at an apartment, and she needs more than that. She needs to be checked on a lot more than that. My husband and I liked the place and the staff. We liked the people we met. She liked it too, but once she got away from there, she just doesn't want to leave home. I took her up there, we ate lunch, and it was very nice. The people were friendly, and the food was good. If we were in that kind of situation, we would have both liked it. The room she had picked up was really nice. It was roomy and fine.

April 19, 2015

By Marvin12

We placed our mom at Arlington Plaza. I think she will be there for a while. When we first moved her in, it did not look like we were going to be able to have enough care for her, but she settled in very well. The staff is terrific. She has a one-bedroom apartment, and it is fairly nice, very well maintained, and very clean. The food is good, and the dining room seems nice.

March 19, 2015

There is another one in Arlington that I visited. It is independent living, and it is off of Poly Web Road. I came across Arlington Plaza from the Caring.com website. They were knowledgeable and accommodating. They gave us a tour, and they talked to us. The hallway smelled like smoke. They did not control the patients smoking in the room. They overlooked it. As for activities, it is pretty much the same as the other places. I didn't like the place at all. I didn't like how it smelled. It smelled like smoke and urine but mainly smoke. They kind of overlook residents smoking in the rooms. It was too hot. The heat was too high. The décor was very old fashioned, and it was not modern at all. It was very stuffy. It is too smoky, too stuffy, and too old.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you for leaving a sincere review. Although we can't stop residents from smoking (we are an independent living community, so essentially we are an apartment building for seniors) we can definitely control our buildings' cleanliness. Please feel free to call our Resident Relations department directly at 1-800-370-8331 with any other feedback.

March 18, 2015

By L D

The location seemed the worst for me & my family but the facilities and amenities are superior to any other place I visited. They seem to have thought of everything yet it doesn't feel like an "institution".

March 07, 2015

My sister is in Arlington Plaza, and the staff is very helpful there. The rooms are very nice; they have efficiency apartments so you can just make your choice of what size you can afford. The food and dining were very good. They have a nice selection, and they have a chef. They have a variety of activities, and they take the people out to eat. They have managers all the time, and they also allow homecare to come into the home.

December 26, 2014

I moved in to Arlington Plaza, and it is fine. The price is pretty good. I like what they have to offer the residents, plus they have a travel program. The food is good, and I like the activities.

July 26, 2014

Arlington Plaza was good. I really liked the couple that oversaw the property. They were very nice, very informed, and seemed to enjoy working there. The rooms were average. They're OK based on the price range that I’m looking at. I think they have all kinds of activities, but I can’t remember what they were.

May 20, 2014

By Lloyd2

I am at Arlington Plaza, and I like this facility. I like the people. We have an exercise room and a pool. We play cards, dominos, anything you want to play. They have quite a bit of entertainment coming in. They also have a bus that takes you to anywhere you need to go. It's a really nice place.

Questions about Arlington Plaza

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Arlington Plaza. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Arlington Plaza caters to those who are independent but may need minor assistance with day to day activities. We pride ourselves in the capability of our residents who’re able to age-in-place with available 24-hour in-house care options. Our average age is 78, and our residents love activities such as resident led art classes, Spanish classes, bean bag baseball.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Arlington Plaza’s residents enjoy shopping, movies, sports venues, and outdoor activities at nearby beautiful Lake Arlington.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Arlington Plaza has organized?

Art Classes at Lake Arlington, resident led art and Spanish courses!

What transportation services does Arlington Plaza offer to independent living residents?

Arlington Plaza has a bus available for those who may need assistance with transportation to either medical appointments or errands

What makes the chef or dining program at Arlington Plaza exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Arlington Plaza takes great pride in our menus. Residents love the amount and variety of choices that are available everyday!

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Arlington Plaza is very inviting with two living rooms, a huge activity room, media room, and library! We also have inviting sitting rooms are the ends of each upstairs hall.

What safety features or security measures does Arlington Plaza offer to independent living residents?

All Holiday retirement communities provide emergency pendants that are two-way communicators and GPS-enabled, allowing our residents, and their families, peace of mind knowing that help is always available at the touch of button

If Arlington Plaza accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Many! We allow our residents (with patio-style apartments) to have dog fences, so their pets can enjoy the same comforts of having a back yard just like at home.

Does Arlington Plaza work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Arlington Plaza has two home health companies who office out of our community, and also work well (often hand-in-hand) with many others!

Costs for Arlington Plaza

Photos of Arlington Plaza

Services and Amenities of Arlington Plaza

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Underground

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Arlington Plaza

Arlington Plaza is located in Arlington, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Arlington Plaza for a visit...and stay!

Map of Arlington Plaza