Craig Retirement

Craig Retirement (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Craig Retirement

Assisted Living Reviews for Craig Retirement

June 01, 2014

My dad temporary stayed at the Craig, and I thought the best thing about it was the accommodation. The sanitation was fine. It was clean and upgraded. The facility itself was nice. The dining area and the rooms were very nice. The staff was OK. I would say that 50% of them were great and 50% were just there because they had a job and not necessarily because they liked it. They were lacking. If they had some good staff, I think that would be a great place.

January 06, 2012

By commercesd

We went to see the Sagecreek Assisted Living & Windflower Nursing facility while in Amarillo to check out possibilities for our uncle. We have some friends and family in the area and our uncle is most accustomed to the weather here, so we would like to find him a new home in the area. The outer grounds seemed to be very nicely landscaped and cared for. Our uncle has done a lot of gardening in his time, so this would impress him. The staff was lovely -- even though we didn't have an appointment, they gave us a thorough tour of the place. The fresh flowers everywhere were a nice touch, which they got from their own gardens. We were told that residents interested, may participate in gardening activities and grow their own flowers, just like they would at home. All of the communal rooms featured nice decorations and a comfortable space for residents to enjoy as they wish. They also had some private visiting rooms. The living spaces were thoughtfully designed, with the resident's needs in mind. The dining areas were all decorated with nice furniture - both the more formal setting and the casual eating areas. The food and snack menus we saw were filled with delicious and nutritious options for the residents to enjoy. The staff interaction with residents was refreshing to watch; they all seemed to enjoy caring for the residents and the residents responded well. This is very important to us; without that in place, it makes no sense to consider a place. We thought the facility is a great place for any senior to consider living.

Independent Living Reviews for Craig Retirement

July 10, 2013

By Estell1

The rooms in Craig were very nice and spacious and I really like that. The activities were fine but they would charge you more for the beauty shop and extra meals which I didn't think were right.

October 26, 2012

By Carina1

My experience with Craig Methodist Retirement Community was a pleasant one. At first, I was skeptical about having to visit my Grandmother in an assisted living facility. My Grandma and I were extremely close, so having to see her needing care was hard on me. The first time I visited her, she stayed in her room and kind of moped around. I think it was difficult for her having to leave the comforts of her own home to stay somewhere else and have strangers care for her. The place itself is nice, really nice, but that doesn't matter if she was unhappy. I just remember being unsure about the whole ordeal until about the second or third visit. I remember visiting her on a Saturday during one of their activities. She was up moving around, laughing and visiting with other elders in wheelchairs. I haven't seen her smile like that in a long time. It was then that I realized how lonely she was at home all by herself. The staff even seemed like they were having fun watching them interact. I knew then that this place was going to be good for my Grandma and that I didn't have to worry about her welfare anymore. Each visit thereafter was great! She really seemed to be enjoying herself despite her situation. The staff seemed alright too. I think there was one nurse that my grandma didn't care for because every time I visited she would stare down that nurse and tell me that she's a mean one. I don't think it was anything bad because my grandma would've have said so, but I don't think she was that nice either. I think her overall experience was very pleasant, though. I even had a nice experience with the place and I'm not a fan of assisted living facilities.

Nursing Home Reviews for Craig Retirement

About Craig Retirement

Craig Retirement is a senior living provider in Amarillo, Texas that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Nursing Homes. Contact Craig Retirement for more details on services and rates.

Map of Craig Retirement