Brookdale Oak Ridge

Reviews of Brookdale Oak Ridge

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Oak Ridge

August 07, 2014

By Virginia31

We were treated very well. My parents liked this place so it's something they would probably consider at some point. They have a bus or shuttle that takes the residents out into the community on Tuesdays. I think they also had some kind of religious service on Sundays. The people who conduct it are members of the same church as my parents, so they thought that was really nice. Everything was clean and very nice. They had a little courtyard with bird baths; a bird feeder is attached to the windows. My parents really like that. One of the residents was gracious enough to allow the director to come in to her apartment so they can see her living space and give us a little tour. We interacted with her and we also spoke with some of the people in the social room -- they seemed clean, happy, and friendly. We also spoke with one of the nurses who was on duty there and she really impressed us.

June 26, 2014

By Sandra Hurd

My grandmother was placed here by us about 6 months ago. Chris and his team are warm, wonderful and caring people. My sister and I are nursing home administrators in Seattle, and we know quality when we see it! Very welcoming, residents well taken care of and always busy. The staff knew my grandmother well when we came to visit them in April and the communication was great. Thank you so much for the tender loving care you gave my beautiful grandmother. I would recommend Emeritus of Oak Ridge to anyone.

June 17, 2014

By Patricia86880650

Emeritus at Oak Ridge is very nice. It's the perfect place; we just couldn't afford it. We had a wonderful tour. We even got to go into a lady's apartment and see it furnished. We also saw one that was unfurnished. Everybody was just really nice.

December 30, 2013

By Henry6

Emeritus at Oak Ridge can't work with us until we get the VA approved. It seemed to be a good facility. It had a clean smell to it. The staff was great to the residents and they were very good to us during our visit. It is just the financial side that we are worried about right now and we are not able to do that.

December 28, 2013

By Tnhillbilly

I put my mom in an assisted living for a month and a half to give myself a break. She is now at Emeritus in Oak Ridge. It seems to meet our criteria and I really like it a lot. It's convenient because it's close. Everything is very nice. The food is delicious. I have gone there and eaten lunch with her a couple of times and it's just really nice. The rooms are large enough. They have their own private bath. They have lots of activities that she can participate in and everybody is really helpful. I've talked to some of the ladies that worked there and they are all very helpful as far as it goes. The people seemed to really care about their patients. Mom is always very religious and they have devotionals every morning. They have church services three times a week. They have some ladies that come in and give manicures on Tuesdays. It's just like a little community in itself. I think they just need to stress a little bit more that visitors coming in should register.

December 26, 2013

The first place I visited was Emeritus at Oak Ridge so I didn’t have a place to compare. It's up to date and modern. The director was very nice. It's seemed okay but I didn't see a lot of residents. I want to see people participate in a lot of activities.

August 21, 2013

By lovemymomma

You could not ask for a better place for your mother to reside. My mother resides at Emeritus at Oak Ridge and absolutely loves it. At first she was against the move, but the staff there made her fell welcome and I don't think we could drag her away now. Overall a wonderful experience and I could not ask for more.

Questions about Brookdale Oak Ridge

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Monthly training

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Oak Ridge. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our average age is 88. Bingo and Bfit class are among the favorite things that our residents enjoy. We have a very active community that enjoy being out on the go when possible.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Oak Ridge offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Some of our programs include Befit, Flex your Brain, walking club, Bingo and cards, cooking classes, gardening club, knitting club. We have church groups that come in to do worship services and other entertainers that perform for our residents.

What places are near Brookdale Oak Ridge or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our beautiful Greenway and Marina is just down the road from our community. Our residents don’t walk there, but rather ride our bus to enjoy picnics, feeding the ducks, walking on the paths as well as enjoy watching the many rowing regattas that take place here.

What transportation services does Brookdale Oak Ridge offer to assisted living residents?

We have a community bus that transports to doctor visits and shopping trips.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Oak Ridge exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have a wonderful variety of foods offered at our community.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Oak Ridge offer to assisted living residents?

All of our residents are given a pendant to wear in case they need assistance.

How does Brookdale Oak Ridge keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have great communication from our nursing staff and Health and Wellness Director.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Oak Ridge during daytime and nighttime hours?

2/42

If Brookdale Oak Ridge accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have 3 courtyards that our resident pets enjoy.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff has monthly training.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Oak Ridge provide to protect residents who wander?

Careful staff monitoring if they are AL residents.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Oak Ridge offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We have a full time program coordinator for our MC who provides programs based on the individual interest. They do a lot of baking, exercising and singing.

Health & Wellness Director as often as deemed necessary.

What techniques does Brookdale Oak Ridge use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Our Refresh program helps residents transition to meal time. We use hand under hand and special utensils if needed.

How does Brookdale Oak Ridge keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Phone calls from our nursing staff.

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Oak Ridge. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are in a mix of residential with some business.

Is Brookdale Oak Ridge affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We work with all local hospitals

Photos of Brookdale Oak Ridge

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Oak Ridge

• Nurse On Staff: 24/7

About Brookdale Oak Ridge

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Oak Ridge