Windlands South

Reviews of Windlands South

Independent Living Reviews for Windlands South

February 26, 2018

By R.R.

I had a very good visit to Windlands South, and I was very impressed. I liked the quality of the person who greeted me and showed me the facility and knew the people by name. I liked the cleanliness of the place. I didn't see anything bad. I saw a one-bedroom that was very well arranged with a kitchen, refrigerator, freezer, microwave, bathroom, storage room, and balcony. They had a very nice area for playing cards, games, exercise, and other general activities. They had good parking areas and good transportation. They had a beautiful, private dining room for eight people that you could reserve, and it was lovely.

September 15, 2017

By plc

Everything we wanted. Clean, bright, friendly, energetic, caring, great menu. Highly recommended.

June 01, 2017

By pat105080350

The person I met at Windlands South was very courteous, very helpful, explained everything, showed me the apartments, and took me to dinner where I got to eat with everybody. It was very nice, and the food was good. The staff was very friendly. They had an exercise room and a small laundry area. The apartment was more like an efficiency room. The place was done very well, and the manager was there all the time.

November 17, 2016

By Kym308618

Windlands South's rooms were very nice and clean. The dining area was very nice, and it seemed like a restaurant-type. The people were very pleasant, helpful, and informative. The place was a little dated, but it was very clean, well-organized, and well-kept. There seemed to be a lot of cars, but I didn't have trouble finding a parking spot. I just thought it was very nice, and it would have been a great option for my mom.

October 14, 2016

By Janet350633

My second choice is Windlands South. I like the activities. The people living there seemed very happy. The staff was wonderful. They’re friendly. They all looked very happy working there, and that was so nice.

February 15, 2016

By Georgia8

The apartments at Windlands South were of a nice size, but the furnishings were from an older era. It was all old maple, which is a beautiful wood, and it probably attracts the older people because they feel more comfortable with it. The staff was very pleasant and very upbeat.

February 15, 2016

By Cathy120235150

The rooms at Windlands South were very nice, clean, and well kept. The layout was good. The people seemed very happy, and upbeat. The staff was wonderful, and very hospitable. They sent us a note offering to have us for lunch, but we weren’t there at lunch time. They got us some water to drink, and candy. It was a very likable place. They seemed to have a lot going on. They had a movie that was coming at that point. There was a little crafts room where somebody was working on activities. They had a donut social that morning for people to get together. It looked very active.

December 16, 2015

By Hovis

Windlands South is a high rise. They have transportation that would take them to the mall for groceries and shopping.

April 17, 2015

By Pat105080350

I liked Windlands South. I thought it was very good for the price range. It was nice. I liked that the managing staff lived on site -- that was comforting -- and the fact that it was very clean. Everybody was extremely friendly. I felt really good. I got a complete explanation, and the manager there showed me all the amenities there. Everything was there. He wasn't rushing, and I just felt very good about it.

January 20, 2015

My brother put father in Windlands South. He was there for about a month, and I went there and got him by December and brought him home because he wasn’t doing well. They told me it was assisted living, but it wasn’t; it just wasn’t for him. The staff was great; I didn’t have any problems with them. It was a clean, high rise facility. Everything is right there - Walmart, Walgreens, and a hospital four blocks from it. They have a bus service too. It was all good; they did their job, but he just couldn’t live there by himself, so right now I’ve got him at home.

September 23, 2014

By Sheila14

We enjoyed Windlands South and everything. We did eat there and their food was excellent. Their apartments looked good. They have all sizes available. They have one-bedrooms, two-bedrooms and studio apartments. We just chose not to go to a high-rise. They only have a high-rise. The staff was very nice and very accommodating. They checked back with us and everything. I think it is an excellent facility. The residents looked happy there.

July 06, 2014

By Joyce42

Windlands South is the best option for us because of location, but we couldn’t afford it. It was clean, bright, and the environment was very positive. I liked the dining room and that they would be able to fix my mother’s meals. They have Bingo and a common area for movies, as well as a beauty salon. The staff answered all my questions. We ate there for dinner, and it was OK and ideal for an older person’s diet. It was soft, and my mother needs a softer diet.

April 29, 2014

By Kathy82525550

I took a tour at Windlands South, and they were very nice. I was very pleased with the staff named Brandon. He was very helpful and knowledgeable about Windlands South. They showed me with the arts and crafts. I met the lady in charge of the arts and crafts, and I was impressed with her. She told me of the different things that they had going on. I also met the manager and the people in charg of the facility. They explained to me their fire protection program. They told me that if there was a fire, they would come and instruct me to go to my balcony, and the fire department would come to the balcony. That was impressive. However, I didn't like their location.

March 13, 2014

By Mary63337750

I’ve been living in Windlands South since May last year. They advertised three chef prepared meals a day, housekeeping once a week and other things. When I got over here, the food was inedible, and it was just not stacked up like they say it was going to be. I liked my apartment, but I've had soot going out of my heater and air conditioning for a month now, and I begged them to do something about it because I have allergies. It’s still the same, and I have to put a towel out to catch the soot that comes out and keep it from ruining my bed covers. It’s so discouraging. The food is better now because they fired the chef. The staff working in the kitchen and all that is just sweet and wonderful. The average age here is 80 and I’m 62. Everybody said I don’t belong here. I don’t fit in. They don’t care about the people paying them money.

Hi there, thank you for your review. We appreciate you sharing this feedback on our community. Since your experience, our dining experience has gone through an extensive overhaul, and we have received very confident in the positive feedback from our residents. We hope to get a second chance to show you how great our leadership is and share with you all that our community has to offer. Thank you

March 28, 2013

By Ann14

My friends are very pleased with this facility. They get 3 chef-prepared meals a day. They have a bus that takes them to doctor appointments or the drugstore. They're close enough to a church and a grocery store. Everything's fine. We've not had any problems. The facility's cost and location were perfect. The staff is friendly and does a good job. My friends have a bedroom, a kitchen and a bathroom. That's a lot of room for them so they were even able to bring in their own furniture.

Costs for Windlands South

Photos of Windlands South

Services and Amenities of Windlands South

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Storage Space

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Windlands South

Windlands South is a vibrant senior living community that welcomes every resident with open arms. It offers a variety of activities to keep residents active and engaged, as well as transportation to their personal appointments. Spacious apartments are filled with natural light, and the facility provides housekeeping, linen services, and three delicious meals each day. For everyone looking for a new place to call home in Nashville, Tennessee then Windlands South is a perfect choice.

Map of Windlands South