Dewitt Place

Reviews of Dewitt Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Dewitt Place

November 23, 2013

By Barbara74485350

I loved everything about Emeritus. The staff was great and I was really looking forward to placing my mother there even though it would have been a drive for me. The facility and the staff were great. She took me all over the facility and let me look at the different level areas that Mom could go see. I was impressed with the service and the help that I got from just talking to them.

July 10, 2012

By Hina Longwell

I had an overall positive experience while visiting Emeritus. First of all, it's located in a great place for us, since other good facilities are an hour's drive away in Knoxville or Sevierville. It was also nice to have a good hospital right nearby, which put our mind at ease. The staff was friendly and seemed to genuinely care for their charges. My grandmother complained about some of the staff, but only when she seemed to be acting unreasonable due to her Alzheimer's. She always had someone available to help her dress, which she very much needed with her physical liabilities. Most importantly, she had a clean, comfortable apartment, (the entire facility was quite clean) and she could have the temperature the way she wanted it, though sometimes we would have to remind her about that. She liked the food well enough that she didn't complain about it. And it had a great library section that allowed her to indulge in her favorite activity: reading. And once while she was there, the facility organized a "field trip" to see a local play, which my grandmother enjoyed quite a bit. Because of this and other activities, she never seemed bored or complained about the lack of something to do when I visited. That was one thing that was very important to us: that she keep her mind occupied. Emeritus allowed her to do that, and more. I really don't have anything negative to say about the entire facility. My grandmother was treated well, and with dignity, and that's all we could ask for.

Costs for Dewitt Place

Services and Amenities of Dewitt Place

• About Dewitt Place

Beautiful setting on hillside, near town. Wonderful caring staff and a home-like environment.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
    • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
    • Medication management
    • Dining assistance and special diets
    • Assistance with reminders and redirection
    • Escorts and assistance with walking
    • Emergency response call system
    • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care n ot included.

Financial Guidance
    • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
    Fee Structures
    • We charge an entry fee
    • We charge monthly rent plus additional fees for specific care needs, if any
    Housing Categories
    • Assisted Living
    • Independent living
    • Respite care
    Cleaning Services
    • laundry services for clothing (staff washes residents' clothes)
    • Laundry services for linens (staff washes residents sheets/linens)
    • Private laundry (residents can wash own laundry on site)
    • Housekeeping (staff provides housekeeping services to residents)
    • Organized offsite activities (outings, etc.)
    • Arts
    Communitiy Features:
    • Beauty/barber shop
    • Library
    • Fitness room/gym
    • Shared space where residents can host parties
    24 Hour Nurse: