The Parkview Memphis, TN

Reviews of The Parkview

Independent Living Reviews for The Parkview

August 31, 2017

By Bill

The Parkview was very nice. It's like a 1920s hotel. It's been converted, and there is very nice wood in the moldings. All the people we talked to, the residents we talked to there seemed very happy. The food was very good. The front desk was very nice. The lady who gave us the tour and showed us around was very helpful.

April 11, 2017

By Sandi457020

My sister currently lives in Parkview Memphis, which is fine. It was a hotel many years ago, and they turned it into a really classy senior residence. There’s a grand piano in the lobby, so they do music all the time, plus a beautiful dining room with a chef. I am not super happy about the fact that they have turned over their assisted services to another agency. The people are really nice. The rooms have a variety of different sizes and shapes. My sister formerly lived in a pretty two-bedroom, but she downsized to a one-bedroom that's still very spacious and has a high ceiling. The first time she ever went to visit, she fell in love.

March 30, 2017

By Gloria331750

The Parkview was very nice. It was wonderful. The staffing was nice. This place was awesome, and if I had to go somewhere, this is where I would like to go. It was clean. They're doing some remodeling, and in their apartments, they have nice closet space. They also invited me down to the cafeteria, which was set up nice like a restaurant. It was nice and clean. It was good.

October 25, 2016

By Elegantlady1975

My Mom lives here. I've visited several Senior Assisted Living Communities and by far, it's the best. The apts. are very spacious. It is living royally as grow old gracefully. The Dining room experience alone is enough to "woo you!" The meals are delicious. There are many, many activities and the staff interacts attentively with the residents! Transportation is provided for grocery shopping and local medical appointments. I rate The Parkview 10+ in every area!

February 24, 2016

By Natalie12

I was not impressed with The Parkview Memphis. It was dirty, depressing, and old and didn't have many activities available. The staff did not seem to care whether we stay in there or not. The rooms were fine. I would suggest that they clean the place up. It’s a beautiful old hotel that we used to go there when we were young that they converted. Now, it’s just dirty.

We are very sorry to hear you were disappointed when you visited. We are committed to providing the highest-quality service and care for each resident every day and would like very much for you to give us another opportunity to help you. We hope you will call us at (901) 725-4606.

February 15, 2016

By Tyrone3

I've been to The Parkview, and it was nice. I would rate the rooms a 7, and the dining area a 10. I looked at the menu, and it was real exquisite. What they need to do is provide some kind of transportation. There's a parking-lot, and you can have your own vehicle. For those people who don't drive, they probably needed to have a bus or a van. It's in a central location in Memphis. It was an old hotel that they changed over to a senior community. It might be out of certain people's price range, and might be a little too pricy for somebody that's on a fixed level income.

December 30, 2015

By Pem1

The visit at Parkview went well; it was a nice community. The rooms were a nice size for a single person. The staff was nice and you saw them interacting with the residents. The only drawback I didn’t like about it was that it had a smell on one of the floors which really stood out but everything else was fine. They said they were going to get it corrected right away.

October 28, 2015

By Lillian10

The Parkview was an old hotel, but it's elegant, and they said they're willing to refurbish the place. The one that showed us around was very personable and very welcoming. She gave us all the information we asked for. When we arrived, there was a gentleman that was playing the piano in the sitting room and several people were listening to him. They had something available to the patrons to exercise or move around. A lot of the people had cars in that area. It's near the VA hospital who are treating my husband, and that would make it convenient for me, and they do have almost daily trips going there. It was clean, and the rooms were good-sized. Since it's an old hotel, the closets were not big walk-in closets. The bathrooms were smaller, but they said they would refurbish them for somebody that can't move.

October 27, 2015

My dad is living in The Parkview now, and we liked everything about it. The caretakers are very nice. The neighborhood and the actual facilities are all good. They have a social director. Anytime he can get five or six people to sign up for something, he will do an activity. They have all sorts of classes that are constantly changing, but there are lots of options. They also provide transportation. They do three meals a day except on Sunday, when they do brunch until 3:00. It's an excellent place.

September 14, 2015

By Don112864150

The experience we had at The Parkview Memphis was very good. Everything was very clean and orderly. The dining room was excellent; they had good quality food there. Whatever we asked, the staff usually jumped right to it and tried to take care of it. They go up and beyond what I think they should be doing, but they had done well. I liked their services; their commitment to helping the residents there was real good.

July 20, 2015

By Everett1

We looked at about 10 or 15 places, and we chose The Parkview Memphis. We get three meals a day, and the staff is very friendly. We have a three-bedroom two-bath room. They have scrabble, puzzles, pool table, card games, and outings. They take you to different places. The Parkview Memphis has a friendly atmosphere, and it is very secure. The doors are locked, and you have to have an entrance the way to get into it.

June 26, 2013

By Beverly17

The staff in The Parkview was helpful, but the place was a little old and they were expensive.

June 13, 2013

We went to Parkview and we find it pricy. They had some nice rooms. We were satisfied with them except that we weren't too sure if we want to ride the elevator.

Costs for The Parkview

Photos of The Parkview

Services and Amenities of The Parkview

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $1000

• Companion Suites: No

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About The Parkview

If you are ready for a retirement lifestyle free of housework, maintenance, and the daily task of cooking, look no further than The Parkview Memphis Independent Living residences.

Independent Living is ideal for individuals who are looking to enjoy a lifestyle full of convenience in a dynamic social community. Access an array of resort-style amenities and programs tailored to suit your lifestyle, while living in a maintenance-free, luxurious apartment. Impromptu social gatherings, planned events, and gourmet dining are all available from your doorstep.

Conveniently located in the heart of Midtown Memphis, The Parkview is a charming, local landmark with easy access to tranquil outdoor amenities and culture-rich destinations, providing residents with endless opportunities to expand their horizons.

Service

Rest easy knowing an attentive and professional staff stand ready to assist you with a range of personalized services, including full-service dining experiences, housekeeping and maintenance services, dynamic engagement opportunities, complimentary scheduled transportation, and holistic wellness offerings.

Engagement

The Parkview features expansive engagement offerings. Led by our full-time Engagement Director. They have a daily schedule of activities to become involved in with their neighbors. The Parkview offers our residents a full-service beauty and barbershop. We offer transportation for medical appointments, shopping trips and outings to see the sights and sounds of Memphis.

Culinary

No matter your craving, from a light snack to a fine dining experience, The Parkview offers a wide range of exquisite dining options. Our on-site gourmet chef and culinary team constantly adapting, perfecting, and creating dishes that delight the taste buds and ignite the senses.

Social Life

At The Parkview, we understand the importance and benefits of a social life for seniors. Numerous studies have shown that when seniors have a packed social life then it helps them become more physically active, sleep better and forge new friendships with their neighbors. When you stop by one of our properties, make sure you ask to see our activity calendar. As one resident's son put it, "It's like a cruise ship itinerary, and I love coming here with mom to enjoy them!" We would love for you to follow us on our social channels, and please come by and visit to experience one of the many social activities.

The Parkview features exceptional services, superior dining options, dynamic engagement opportunities and holistic wellness offerings, making it the ideal destination to enhance your vibrant way of life.

Map of The Parkview