Riverdale Assisted Living Center Memphis, TN

Reviews of Riverdale Assisted Living Center

Assisted Living Reviews for Riverdale Assisted Living Center

August 17, 2021

By Phyllis

What made me choose Riverdale Assisted Living Center, is they were a Christian-based home facility. They were very friendly and very honest. And I like the professionalism that they displayed even when we encountered some of the nurses. So everyone just made it feel comfortable. They're allowing me to bring my aunt's furniture. I could fix her room up to make it homier. It's also affordable, and I have options in terms of payments or how to pay them. So I can pay either in cash, check, or money order. The staff expressed their concern about her and gave me all the options of visiting with her. If you have your COVID vaccination and as well as the patient, you can visit them in their room. And if you don't, you'll visit them in the lounge. They need some upgrades. They had a salon, they have therapy, and they have an activity board and they do something every day except on Saturday and Sunday.

August 16, 2021

By Denise

Riverdale Assisted Living Center was fantastic. They're adding a new wing, and we're looking at a November 1 move-in date. The common areas were modern and looked very nice. When you eat, they bring it out hot, buffet style. There were four or five big round tables in the room where the residents could eat. I'm happy to say that mom can have a private room. It's kind of like a dorm room. She'll be able to have a mini-fridge and a microwave. I'm happy she has her own bathroom, and it's all handicap accessible. There were handicap bars by the toilet and in the shower. The closets inside each of the rooms were small, but that's to be expected. This place is about twenty years old, and they are adding a new wing. With my mom trying to move in November 1, she'll be in that new wing, so I'm very happy about that. I did not see them doing anything at that point, but we saw their calendar that they had set up. They have a book club, "sittercise," which is I guess where you sit and exercise, and card playing. They have an on-site library, but I did not get to see that. There's a central station where the nurses are, and all of the hallways are off that. Two hallways had a big common room, like a dayroom where they could go watch TV or mingle with each other. The staff took us into a couple of rooms. We saw at least five residents. We saw two in a room, and we saw one or two at the nurses' station. I was happy to see how they serve the food. They would bring it out hot from the kitchen areas. It's almost like if you had gone to a buffet yourself where it's in hot serving dishes, so the food would be hot when you got it.

August 05, 2021

By Leona

My mother has moved into Riverdale Assisted Living. The staff is very courteous and loving. The environment there is peaceful. The residents seem to enjoy each other's company. They have daily activities, which my mother is enjoying. She wasn't involved in any activities at all daily and was losing muscle mass because of that. Now she's regaining some of her strength. She is enjoying being in the company of her peers. She is benefiting from the daily activities that they do, and she is getting involved in those. She loves her room there. It's very peaceful for her. She tells all of the family that they look after her very well, and that they're nice. She said the food is really good. Due to the pandemic, their guidelines for visitations right now is very restrictive. They have set times and days that you can come and pre-arrange your visit. They give you a monthly calendar of activities, so that's very good. My mother is not very verbal all the time, so there may be other things she's doing that she has not just expressed. She has told us that she really enjoys bowling. They have exercises daily, and she is enjoying that. She is in a wheelchair, and they do the activities. The director there calls it sitter-cise. It's a beautiful facility. They have it well decorated. It's very inviting just as if you were in your own home. It is not a homey home, but like a beautiful home. The furnishings are modern and classic, and the colors are soft and welcoming. They even have a space that has a grand piano. One of the residents comes in, and she is a pianist. They have different rooms where you can take your loved ones to and sit and converge. The cafeteria is big, where they have most of their meals. It's big, and it's clean. She said the food is really good. The grounds are very well-kept and beautiful.

May 25, 2021

By Sharon F. Humphrey

This Assisted Living facility may be typical of what is offered in my area. I do not know since I have never before visited an Assisted Living facility. I can only judge by my one isolated experience this week. I arrived at my appointed time -- had talked at length with the Director over the phone prior to visit, so she knew some of my needs. Our conversation and her info was verified as correct upon my visit. However, no other staff was made aware of my upcoming visit and she was described as "ill" the morning of my visit. Her assistant kept me waiting AT LEAST 20 minutes in the lobby. When she appeared, she was NOT friendly and asked my reason for being there. She led me to a very small room at the end of a hallway that smelled of disinfectant. The lobby area was clean and attractively furnished, but beginning with the hallway, the place resembled a hospital corridor with a very small "apt." only 300+ sq. ft. in size. She said it was the only empty room she could show me. There was NO kitchen - only a small sink and tiny bit of counter space on one side of room, across from a large bathroom that was handicap-equipped. THIS WAS CLEARLY NOT AN INDEPENDENT LIVING APT. This woman stated such a small room started at $1,800/mo. rent, but that rents were based on the resident's INCOME. She could not state further rent info, she said, until she knew what my income was. When I provided this info, she became friendlier. We both agreed that this living situation was NOT for me. I drive and am able to handle most ADL's on my own since I only need assistance with housekeeping. Also, I no longer travel. I am not interested in a facility that resembles hospital accommodations.

March 12, 2021

By lamontj

I had the opportunity to visit this facility and I was very impressed with how friendly the staff was during the visit. When I toured it was during lunch time and the meals that were prepared looked sooo good, the staff even invited me to have a free meal during the tour. The Unit was a nice size for my mom and had lots of space for her to make it her own. The administrator was also very helpful because my moms retirement income was not a lot but she informed me of the medicaid choice program that is accepted at the program.

July 02, 2019

By Lavern

We viewed Riverdale Assisted Living, but I didn't like it. I didn't like the atmosphere. The staff was okay, but I didn't like the people just moving around, although not necessarily unattended. It did not look well-kept, and I did not see anything positive.

May 25, 2018

By Erin

I visited Riverdale Assisted Living and was not impressed. It was dark, and the residents were sitting watching TV. They serve their meals with plastic cutlery. The staff was very welcoming and answered all our questions. The physical appearance was fine. It needs to be updated.

August 21, 2017

By Wanda

My mother is in Riverdale Assisted Living. They have adequate staff, and because of this, each resident gets the attention that they need. She did not get along well with the ladies she roomed with at the previous facility. At Riverdale, she has a private room for the same amount of money, and it's so much better. She does not stay in her room by herself, they get her out of her room and take her down to a seating area where everyone else is and then they go across the hall to eat. She's always with other residents, except when it comes time for bed. I have not eaten a meal with her, but I have been there when she's eating and the meals look very tasty. She does not have teeth and she cannot wear dentures, so they put her on a special diet. She can have what she needs to eat, which they did not do at the other place. It's very attractive when you drive up into their circle drive. It's very inviting. They have nicely-kept lawns and gorgeous flowers, and when you walk in, it's fresh and clean and smells nice. It has a very homey feeling.

September 10, 2014

By Kim84860850

Riverdale is nice, and if my grand aunt’s condition gets worse she won't have to move somewhere different. It is convenient. They have Bingo, music, therapy, church services, and they do arts and crafts.

December 13, 2013

My friend was at Riverdale Assisted Living. It's very nice, clean, and very elegant. It's also very expensive. Her room was very, very small – just big enough to put a bed and a chair. She told me most of the time the food was food and she enjoys it. They play games on the Wii. A couple of times they took walk around the outside facility.

Costs for Riverdale Assisted Living Center

Photos of Riverdale Assisted Living Center

Services and Amenities of Riverdale Assisted Living Center

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Minimum Age: No Age Requirements
  • Pets: All Pets Allowed

• Get Costs

About Riverdale Assisted Living Center

Assisted living at Riverdale Assisted Living Community is designed for senior adults who wish to maintain their independent lifestyle but may need some additional assistance to do so. Riverdale Assisted Living offers a wide array of services and amenities. Our on-site resident care team provides care and assistance 24 hours a day.

Our apartments are designed for your comfort and convenience. Each apartment features wall-to-wall carpet, individual climate control, and an emergency call system. At Riverdale Assisted Living, you can enjoy the privacy of your own individual apartment within a community of care and support.

• A variety of life-enhancing activities, social gatherings and outings.
    • Full-service beauty and barbershop on site.
    • Attractively designed common areas including library, living room and dining room.
    • Private dining room for resident entertaining.
    • Paid utilities (except telephone and cable TV).
    • Spa with whirlpool.
    • Weekly housekeeping and linen service.
    • Free laundry facilities.
    • Scheduled transportation to medical appointments.
    • 4-hour care staff.
    • Life-enhancing activities and outings.
    • Three delicious, well-balanced meals daily.
    • Medication management.
    • 24-hour emergency response system.
    • Wellness care coordination.
    • Individually-controlled heating and air conditioning.
    • Assistance with scheduled local transportation to medical appointments.
    • Individually tailored plans.
    • Additional personal assistance programs available.

Map of Riverdale Assisted Living Center