Laurel Glen at Memphis Assisted Living & Memory Care

1645 W Massey Rd, Memphis, TN 38120
Laurel Glen at Memphis Assisted Living & Memory Care (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Laurel Glen at Memphis Assisted Living & Memory Care

Assisted Living Reviews for Laurel Glen at Memphis Assisted Living & Memory Care

May 15, 2015

It is really nice, and they are very helpful to my father. He is very happy where he is. There are a lot of activities and they make sure he takes his medicine, so he is doing well. He has one big room where he has his bed and a sitting area where he can watch TV which is very nice. As for the food, I don't know about it, but my husband has been out there to eat with him, and it is very good and plenty. I have visited three places, and this one is the best of them.

May 12, 2015

My father has his own room here where he can lock his own stuff. It is a studio type room which does have its own kitchenette, microwave, sink, and small refrigerator. All the meals are provided in the large dining area. It is very clean, and I have actually eaten there; the food was good. They can order what they want. They have two entrée selections at lunch and dinner. You can also order breakfast however you want it. It is a really nice facility. They have help for showering, and the medications are controlled. It is the perfect spot for him. From the feedback I get from my father, the staff does a very good job of taking care of them. All the laundry is done, they clean the room, and they come in to make the beds. They have a full library with tons of books. They have exercise every day, and they have devotionals at least three times a week. They have people that come in to sing, and they play bingo and cards, so they have a lot of activities. They also provide transportation twice a week for the residents if they need to go to the store. We visited four or five different ones; some of them are not great, and some of them were average. The staffs here are very friendly, and they took the time explaining what they would do and what they wouldn't do. Overall, this place rose to the top.

August 11, 2014

It was VERY clean. I like the fact that they had the separate area for breakfast for people who does not want to dress up and go downstairs. They also have a different laundry facility. The residents could do the laundry if they chose or they could have someone help them. The staff seemed to be very nice and attentive. The residents that I saw seemed to be well attended and some were in a group chatting. There’s one that had Alzheimer’s but seemed to be generally well. As for the activities, they were all listed on their activity sheet like bingo, dominoes, shopping trips and other various things.

October 11, 2013

It was a very nice community. The administrative people were very nice. They have everything over there. However, it was a huge facility. It was a three-story building and it just was not a place for my mother.

April 16, 2013

By FoxysMom

The staff took the time to give us the information we needed. The place seemed to be clean. Some of the residents were engaged and some were not. One of the studio rooms I saw was not adequate but I think the facility was okay the way it was.

Memory Care Reviews for Laurel Glen at Memphis Assisted Living & Memory Care

• Companion Suites: No

• Features Extra: Library

• Pets: Yes

About Laurel Glen at Memphis Assisted Living & Memory Care

Laurel Glen at Memphis is located in historic Germantown almost at the intersection of Poplar & West Massey. We provide both Assisted Living and Memory Care options on the same campus and in the same building. Our community has a diverse group of residents with ages ranging from 65 to over 100 years of age. Our Assisted Living offers beautiful private studios and one-bedroom apartments starting and or Our Memory Care neighborhood offers beautiful private and semi-private apartments.

All rates include:

A full day of activities: exercise, competitive bingo, games, arts, discussion groups, live entertainment and more (all socially distanced), 3 freshly prepared meals per day by our chef A variety of snacks available at all times 24-hour care: each floor has a Nurse and Resident Assistants 24 hours a day Medication management (Included in Level of Care Fee in Assisted Living) Daily assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming (Included in Level of Care Fee in Assisted Living) Routine weekly housekeeping and laundry services to keep everything fresh and clean included Wellness everyday programs featuring social and cultural events and outings - dining out, museums, special events Free scheduled transportation to appointments and shopping All utilities including basic cable TV On-site beauty and barber shop- additional cost

In addition, we have a physician who visits our community on a weekly basis and We also work with Guardian Pharmacy, who will deliver medications directly to us, eliminating the need for you to manage that task. Also, All residents wear a pendant 24/7 so that if they fall or need assistance, someone will be there right away.

Map of Laurel Glen at Memphis Assisted Living & Memory Care