Kennington Pointe

Kennington Pointe (844) 325-8230

Reviews of Kennington Pointe

Assisted Living Reviews for Kennington Pointe

August 07, 2015

I only had my mother there for a month. Assisted living at Kennington Pointe is only good for people with memory issues. She has no memory issues, and when she got there, she had no one to talk to because everybody there couldn't remember anything or do anything. For independent living, it is probably a reasonable to good place. For assisted living with someone who does not have Alzheimer's or serious dementia, it was a horrible experience. They need to be more upfront and tell people that everybody there has dementia or Alzheimer's. They told me they had a few people with memory issues, so I thought mother would be able to interact with the other people, but there were no other people. The assisted living part was just one wing of one floor. The food was pretty good, but she didn't get a choice. The rooms were OK, and she could only afford the least expensive ones. The staff seemed to be fine.

October 11, 2013

Kennington Pointe got a tie place with where we ended up putting Mother. This place was our second choice. We really liked the staff there. They have dementia care wing as well. They did have nice rooms. Their activities were all pretty much the same with every place we went. They would take them out to eat or take them on tours.

July 11, 2013

Kennington Pointe had very small apartments. The food was not great. The staff was caring and accommodating but you had to ask for everything. They also had activities for the residents like movies, crafts and exercises. They have both assisted living and independent living facility. My mom was in assisted living but it's more like a nursing home. Of all the residents there, maybe two could carry on a conversation. We moved her out of there after around six months.

Independent Living Reviews for Kennington Pointe

July 22, 2014

By sallyeg

My sister and I moved into Kennington Pointe around the first of the year. The staff is extremely helpful: very pleasant, and very caring. They have finally got the gated community thing fixed; we didn't have gates for a while. There have been some problems with the property, it is an older building, and it takes them a long time to get anything done, but the people that are taking care of us are really good. We are in a 2-bedroom apartment with two bathrooms, a small kitchen unit, a living room, washer and dryer, dishwasher, refrigerator, freezer, and we have a little balcony up the living room. They have bridge, canasta, Rubik's cube, and several kinds of games like that. We have an exercise room, and an activities room. There are crafts being offered, we have a Book Club, and a library. The dining room is very nice; the servers are extremely helpful. The food is not what I would like for it to be, but it is okay. They seem to have too many carbs. I am a diabetic, and sometimes I have a little difficulty in getting my meals when I need them, but I am used to it. It is a single building. They have independent living, and what they call assisted living here is actually more like a nursing home environment, and it is a bit separate from the rest of us. We get house cleaning once a week, and then the grounds outside are really pretty. There are lots of trees, and they have covered parking for the residents who are still able to drive and have vehicles. I can take my electric scooter, and drive all the way around the building.

Costs for Kennington Pointe

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: AL 0000002569

• About Kennington Pointe

Inspired by Southern Colonial architecture, Kennington Pointe features a three-story atrium that highlights the gracious essence of southern living. Common areas include a fitness room, game room, library and living areas, with a dining room that offers expansive views of the interior courtyard and its gardens. Kennington Pointe also has a licensed assisted living facility.

Residents enjoy an Independent living lifestyle that blends the benefits of carefree apartment living with the convenience of optional services and amenities without the work and worry. Choose from our spacious studios to our grand two bedroom apartments with a full kitchen or kitchenette in all units.

Residents of Kennington Pointe enjoy an active lifestyle. Whether entertaining privately at home of sharing a cup of coffee with friends in our comfortable common areas, our portfolio is designed to promote this philosophy. Plus, our resort-style amenities ensure you will enjoy a comfortable, luxurious way of life.

Map of Kennington Pointe