Raintree Terrace

Reviews of Raintree Terrace

Assisted Living Reviews for Raintree Terrace

May 30, 2017

By stephen061774

I have enjoyed Raintree Terrace, and the three weeks I was there, everything was fine. The folks that run it are professional and seemed to really care about the residents. The rooms are nice and always clean. They have attentive staff, and the majority of the people who live there are satisfied with the arrangement. The food is good, and they have designated areas for a library and an area with a pool table and card table, but they don't have a gym. They have activities for the residents like Bingo, they take people to the local Walmart, they have day trips where they take the residents to places, and they offer services twice a week for people with doctor's appointments.

May 30, 2017

By margaret405430

Raintree has an Alzheimer’s unit and assisted living, and so that was why I went to look at it. Their rooms and closet space were better arranged and there was bigger closet space. The staff was very accommodating. I have a friend whose father is there and they are very satisfied. I wasn’t very interested once we got there because I didn’t like the layout of the building, it wasn’t inviting to me. It was perfectly clean and well-decorated. It was a new building, but it didn’t have a warmth.

February 02, 2017

By koc

Two years ago my younger sister and I visited and researched three memory care facilities in West Knoxville in which to place our older sister who suffers from Alzheimers disease . We chose Raintree Terrace as we felt this was the best choice for her. Many things played in this decision ; namely Raintree's approach to the resident"s program and care, the clean large rooms and the layout of the Memory care floor. Also the small number of resident"s this facility accommodates. We liked this floor being on the lower level. In case of fire, there are two ground exits for them to use. As the primary caretaker, I have never ever felt I was walking intro a dungeon. In pretty weather, the residents can walk directly out into the the enclosed yard and garden where chairs are provided for sitting. Also directly off memory care"s private dining room, there is a lovely enclosed porch with rockers, chairs and table. The entire floor is light and bright. There has been some turnover over the past two years in the support staff: however, the management staff has remained pretty much the same. I have never requested anything from the support or management staff that wasn"t looked into and taken care of in a reasonable amount of time. There is never a lack of activities provided for memory care residents for their enjoyment and participation..

January 10, 2017

By Robyn374171

I visited Raintree. The facilities and the memory care units seemed nice. It was very clean and didn't have an odor. The dining area looked fine and nice. It was close to a hospital and mall.

November 19, 2016

By Brenda174043

Raintree Terrace was very good. I liked the fact that they had some rooms with a terrace. They had little areas to sit outside that mom could go into. It was very nice; it was one of my choices if they could help me take care of mom’s care.

October 04, 2016

By JP478684

On the Raintree tour, the manager showed up late, and they were having some technical issues with their facilities. It wasn’t the best experience, but it’s probably not where we would end up anyway. It was fine. I didn’t like it as much as the other place as a fit for my mom. One element was the pricing. It’s more expensive for what you get than the other place I went to. Then it wasn’t really clear to me why there were additional charges. If they did an assessment and an additional care was needed, there would be additional charges. That wasn’t really clear to me upfront -- not that we were doing the deal that day -- but it seemed prone and open to additional costs after the fact, and I’m not sending my mom up to that.

September 09, 2016

By Greg328001

Raintree is really pretty and they have nice facilities. There were not a whole lot of people when we went there ,so I did not get a feel of what the staff was like. The whole environment was nice, and the rooms were nice as well. The pricing was a little bit confusing, but we figured it out although we did not chose this place because it was not a good fit for my dad. I did recommend this place to others who was looking for some place. For a lot of people, this community is a good fit.

June 08, 2016

By Becky215731

Initially, I went to Raintree. I wouldn’t put anybody in that place because they have the dementia patients downstairs in the basement, so they can’t get out and that was very upsetting to me. They have to ride an elevator up; that means they can’t get out, so it’s like a dungeon. Upstairs, when you walk in, it’s very beautiful for the assisted living and there’s nothing wrong with it, but for dementia patients, they put them in the basement.

February 22, 2016

By JG7

Our experience at Raintree Terrace Senior Living was very good. The staff was great and provdie a lot of activities. They have a swimming pool and patios around the facility.

November 30, 2015

By Susie19

My sister-in-law was at Raintree Terrace, but unfortunately, she passed away. She was only there for 13 days. We chose it because it’s a nice, new facility, only three years old. It looked more like a hotel than assisted living. Each room has a private balcony that they could go out on. It had a nice dining hall. They were one of the few facilities in the area that would agree to take pets and their pet fee was a one-time, reasonable fee. The staff was very accommodating and very nice. Before we chose this place, we had a couple of meals there. The food was very good and prepared very well; for an elderly person, that is very important.

I want to thank you for your review. It is was a blessing to have your loved one with us, we consider it a privilege to be able to care for our residents. It is devastating when we lose a loved one, she is missed. We strive to make a difference every day, and we thank you for the opportunity to assist you.

March 31, 2015

I am a resident of Raintree Terrace. The rooms are pretty nice if the air conditioners are working. The food is average. I think they have a lot of things a person to do, but most of us have Alzheimer's.

Questions about Raintree Terrace

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Raintree Terrace. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Get a little help. Get more out of life. Assisted living is just that — assistance. Want to eat in your apartment, but leave the cooking to someone else? Need a little help getting to the shopping center? Need help with medication reminders? We’ll do whatever it takes to help you live life to the fullest. We’re here to make sure that the small stuff doesn’t hamper your desire to get out there and make the most of it. And if you happen to need or want a lot more help, such as the companionship and assistance of a full-time caregiver, we’ll be there for you, too. The level of care available is very flexible and can be customized as you wish. The bottom line? You can count on us to be there for you — just like family.

What programs or activities does Raintree Terrace offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

There is still so much to brighten every day. The smell of rosemary. The feel of yarn running through your fingers. The sound of a crowd’s spontaneous laughter. Memory care is at its best when it encourages active experiences. With that in mind, our specially-designed memory care neighborhood promotes safety, security and well-being, while also offering active life-enrichment for those facing Alzheimer’s disease or other related dementias. We’ve named our life-enrichment program Illuminations.™ And it can truly brighten everyone’s day. Illuminations stimulates the senses and reminds each person that he or she is at the heart of a loving community — a kind of extended family, if you will. It helps create feelings of connection — connection to physical surroundings, connection to community, connection with family, and connection to caregivers. It helps the entire family in just about every way imaginable. And we’re here to help in any way we can.

Costs for Raintree Terrace

Photos of Raintree Terrace

Services and Amenities of Raintree Terrace

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Library

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 12

About Raintree Terrace

We listen. We serve. We genuinely care. Raintree Terrace Senior Living is not just about providing assisted living or medical care, it's about a feeling of security and comfort. That's why we're a senior living community that offers the comforts of home with the opportunity for healthy interaction with neighbors and friends.

Our expert staff will exceed your expectations and provide personal attention to our residents in assisted living. Knoxville, TN residents will notice that we go a step further by offering specialized care to our Alzheimer's or dementia residents by providing a secured floor for additional safety and security. Here at Raintree, we strive to promote our residents’ emotional and physical wellness.

Our friendly, safe community is located in Knoxville, TN. We have affordable yet comfortable, home-like settings available with an array of amenities. Some of our amenities include outdoor areas for residents to enjoy nature, common areas for social gatherings, and an on-site hair salon and barber shop. Our residents enjoy reliable and safe transportation including day trips, medical appointments, and local events.

Map of Raintree Terrace