Echo Ridge Knoxville, TN

Reviews of Echo Ridge

Independent Living Reviews for Echo Ridge

December 29, 2020

By Screwn

I resided here 5 years. The elevator has been out for the past two weeks and all they tell you is “we are doing our best.” Meanwhile 80 and 90 year old residents who can’t climb steps are stick on the 2nd and 3rd floor with no way to get down. What would happen if a fire started? The elevator was out again for several days a few weeks ago. The food is horrible. People are wanting to move out but they locked their rates in and hate to leave when their monthly rate will not change. Be careful about this place.

Hello, we are disappointed with your experience at Echo Ridge senior living community. We have hired a new General Manager and our new community leaders are focused on the safe operations of the community to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our residents and community team members. We aim to provide an amazing experience by providing 3 delicious and nutritious meals a day, a full calendar of activities, and create a sense of home for our residents. Please feel free to reach out to our management team at Echo Ridge to discuss your concerns further. Thank you!

December 20, 2020

By Darlene

We thought Echo Ridge was a beautiful place. Not close just a little bit further than she really wanted to go out, but her health is not doing good particularly right now, so we'll probably look at nursing homes for her. But I thought it was really pretty. We found the rooms were set up really nice, and the layout was good. The staff was really nice. It was really clean and everything was good.

November 10, 2020

By Danielle

We went in person to visit Echo Ridge. It was really nice. The facility was really nice. We met some of the people who live there. They were really friendly. They had a lot of activities and stuff. We got to view a couple of the apartments, and they were really nice, too.

July 05, 2020

By Bobbye

I saw one apartment at Echo Ridge Knoxville and their lobby. I can't say enough good things about the person who worked with me, he's over the top and very good. I would recommend this community to anyone. The client has just moved out of the room so it wasn't cleaned yet or anything, but it was a very nice setup and I was very pleased. They have a library as well. It's an absolutely lovely place.

January 19, 2020

By dobiedogzeus

Horrible facilities and staff. My family member went missing for 3 full days and not once was checked up on or family notified. For the cost of the facilities this is not acceptable.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We regret you did not have a great experience in our community and are confident that this does not represent the entire community as a whole. We understand that our management team has been in contact with your family in order to discuss any further concerns you may have in regards to this situation. Thank you

November 13, 2019

By Eugene

I like Echo Ridge. It was a pretty nice set-up. However, their room wasn't what I was thinking about. Also I couldn't afford the price; it was too much. The tour was good. I was a half-hour late, but the staff member waited for me. I didn't gather too much, but the place seemed nice and friendly. However, I didn't see many people, and I didn't understand where everyone was. The dining area looked nice and was good. They have transportation to doctors and they have a bus to take them to grocery stores. They have a library, and they have a chess or a checkerboard out there.

Hi Eugene, thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our community. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed visiting our facility and that you got to experience some of our wonderful staff! We do have some great monthly and seasonal specials so please keep in contact with our sales leaders for the community and hopefully with some specials, you could be able to join our community! Thank you for your feedback.

July 08, 2019

By David

Echo Ridge was the one place we particularly liked. We looked at the independent living and it was excellent, clean, had good conditions, and was well-organized. The only problem was it's outside of my friend's budget. We saw that they had music going on, they have card games, and they have full-blown palliative activities for the seniors to do. The site is beautiful, it's well maintained, and it has a walking path that goes all the way around it, which is very nice. The staff members all seem to be friendly, and the residents we saw that were out and about seemed happy and were enjoying themselves. Their staff members also seemed helpful. When we went back after about a month, a number of the staff members had been replaced so I have no idea what the turnover rate is. However, the new staff is just as friendly as the old ones. The facilities seemed to be very well maintained, although it looked like it's beginning to get a little bit of age on it. It's at a time where they need a little bit of an upgrade. It's a slightly older community, but it's clean and well painted, and so forth.

November 05, 2018

By Yes.

There is a lot to say about Echo Ridge. First, they have trouble keeping staff. I suspect that the pay is poor and potential for advancement is nil. Managerial turnover, bus driver turnover, activity director turnover are all high. Lately, the majority of new residents are not very independent or "able". This reduces the overall number and quality of activities. There is only one elevator, which gets crowded before and after meals. Unexpectedly, there is no swimming pool, and even though there is a YMCA about 2 miles away, no effort is made to bring residents to the pool for exercise. Food is another story. It is very salty, very startchy, and sometimes, they even run out of food! If you like hot dogs, collard greens, and peanut butter + jelly, this is the place for you. The nicest thing about Echo Ridge is the grounds. There is a lot of green space, flowers, trees, and so on. A lot of people walk around the building on a nice day. One more thing... the price of rent is not a given. It is highly negotiable, and management encourages residents not to talk about rent or to compare notes. This perpetuates inequities. So buyer beware!

Hi there, we value all feedback we receive as it provides us with the chance to improve. Your review has been forwarded to regional and community management. We are sorry to hear you have had a negative experience. We would like to work towards a resolution, so if you are willing, please reach out to us to discuss this further.

November 01, 2018

By Visitor999

We did not care for Echo Ridge. They were about as expensive as the other community but didn’t offer as much.

Hi there, thank you for visiting Echo Ridge. We are sorry to hear you weren't completely satisfied with your visit. We aim to help older independent people live better. If you do have any additional questions, please reach out to us.

May 22, 2018

By Walter

I visited Echo Ridge, and it's my second choice. They have at least one two-bedroom apartment with access to the outside. It has nice lawns, nice people, is an attractive facility, well-located, and near to where I live. I was impressed with the staff.

October 29, 2017

By Gary F.

My wife and I were very impressed with Marianne Hitchcock and had a wonderful luncheon where we met some of the residents. Price too high but we loved it.

May 30, 2017

By margaret582722

I am already living in Echo Ridge. So far, everything has been fine. It is mostly elderly people on walkers, not assisted living. It is just a retirement facility, so everybody is in their own apartment, but we have our meals together and all the community gets together and does activities. They have bingo, movie nights, board game nights, card games, and bridge, and they have some walking activities and exercise, and they do Bible studies. We have a salon, a chapel, a putting green, and a pool table. The food is very good. The staff is very acceptable, very pleasant, easy to get along with, and very helpful. We have a general manager who we are not too crazy about; he is hard on the staff in ways that we don’t feel are fair. But other than that, most of the staff is very nice. In an effort to get full, they seem to be taking residents who are not capable of taking care of themselves and that is going to present a problem pretty soon. I am in a studio and although it is big enough for me, the closet space is not. It has two small closets, and anybody who is downsizing needs some closet space, so that is the only thing that I can complain about. I have my own little patio, a walk-in shower, and a small kitchen area with a refrigerator. It is not the dorm-size refrigerator but the next size up, but it is not the full size either.

April 11, 2017

By Mary608140

I visited Echo Ridge. They showed me a couple of rooms, a bedroom, a sitting area bathroom, and a kitchenette. The rooms were not big, but they were nice, clean, painted well, and had great-looking carpet. They told me about the recreation and a lot of the activities, and invited me for lunch. I liked that it was quiet, but the price was not affordable.

April 05, 2017

By Ann1919

Food is great, staff is very friendly, but two home aid workers always hanging out at the snack bar, is tacky and not professional. Was there for 3 hours and they never left.

March 31, 2017

By vol4life

Took a tour with Marianne and she was phenomenal! Very nice place and pricing is reasonable compared to assisted living we have visited.

March 21, 2017

By cooper67

Love the food and staff. Will be making this my home soon.

February 10, 2017

By Dedra

I have a very good friend that lives here, the food is so good and the staff is absolutely wonderful and friendly. I always feel very welcomed.

November 30, 2016

Echo Ridge was a very nice community, but I just couldn’t afford it. It was out of my price range. The grounds were very nice, the place was nice, and it could have been an ideal situation if I could have afforded it. The staff members were very nice and very interactive, and they all appeared to care about the residents and their job. The rooms were very nice. They were small, but at that point you probably don’t need all that much. The food was good, and they did offer 3 meals a day.

November 08, 2016

By Steve812314

We had lunch at Echo Ridge. The food was awful. There were no real kitchens at all and no appliances in their apartments so it wouldn’t work out for my mom. You couldn’t really cook in there. The people were very nice, and some of the amenities were good.

October 04, 2016

By JP478684

The Echo Ridge tour was very informative in the appropriate amount of time. It wasn’t too little time or too much time, but I still got a nice view of a couple of options for my mom so I was very pleased. They showed me a one-bedroom as well as a studio apartment and just walked me through each component of the apartment. It was very well laid out and easy to understand. Then they walked me through the entire complex and showed all the different amenities and other service providers that were on-site as well as walked me through activities that they have that were not necessarily going on at that time, but they walked me through what was available from the transportation to leisure and activities.

September 13, 2016

By Judith V.

Our visit at Echo Ridge was excellent. They invited us to stay overnight, and we had dinner and breakfast the next morning. The staff was awesome. They set us at a table with the other residents, so we had the chance to really talk to them and ask them a lot of questions. It was well worth it. The rooms were very nice. They had a lot of activities like outings, but there was no swimming pool.

May 10, 2016

By Loving Family Member1

I have visited Echo Ridge is independent living. It was a lovely place, the facility was great and the people are awesome and it really is a beautiful facility and I would have liked to get my father in there. The one thing that concerned me was that they had a 3-month upfront community fee was $36.50 and that's a little steep. I know we need to pay upfront but a lot of the other places I have talked to just charge a one-month upfront community fee for the turnaround. The price is not too bad there, it's just I am probably going to need assisted living and I didn't want to have to move dad twice and I can't afford to hire outside assisted living to come in. The rooms were very nice, good-sized, and very clean. I saw a one-bedroom place and the bathroom is very nice, setup and the call buttons, it was very nice. It was a nice facility. They have a lovely and wonderful staff and very helpful. The facility and dining areas looked really great. The planned activities all looked good. It must be good because they are full-house; no available units. From what I understood from the salesman, the people who have been there for quite a few years and the turnover is not extremely high so I guess it's a good facility.

January 31, 2016

By Hollis3

I toured Echo Ridge for my mother. I like it. The room was great. My mom loved it. It had a nice balcony that overlooked a beautiful park in the back. They had elevators. This place was really nice. We loved it. The staff took us around. He was just fantastic. He was very friendly and very helpful. He called back two to three times. All the staff was nice.

December 29, 2015

By Diane Kukulski

Echo Ridge Independent senior living facility is the most fantastic place for seniors to retire in. The facility is beautiful with spacious individual apartments for the residents from studio to 2 bedrooms. The staff aids the members with the most upscale respect and they have 24 hour management service if any of the residents need their assistance. Each apartment is wired with cords in each room in the event the residents fall and are unable to get up to get help from management. The dining room is spacious and has fairly good food choices. They also have an activity director for many different events. scheduled thru the week along with a complex bus service that can take residents shopping for medical care. The grounds and building are staffed with the upmost care for the residents by even cleaning their apartments weekly and aiding in laundry service of sheets and replacing them. They have many events during the year with incoming performances from local people for entertainments. They have all that the residents could ask for as a beauty shop,, pool table ,. exercise room, craft room, big screen tv for movie night, computer table,libraries full of books, nurse on duty, and pharmacist who delivers prescriptions.,. I highly recommend this establishment for any senior looking for a place to reside upon retirement..

December 20, 2015

By Michele32

The staff is very nice at Echo Ridge. My mother-in-law moved in last October 7. The food is all cooked by a chef, and I’m satisfied with it. They have bingo and live entertainment. Their main manager is not very nice, but the co-managers are very nice.

December 15, 2015

By Kristin4

My mom moved into Echo Ridge last November. They have been wonderful to her. My mom has a studio with a kitchenette, bedroom, bath, and private balcony. I wouldn’t say the food is super, but it’s very good. The dining area is lovely. There are several activities, plus they take them to the theater once a month, do trips to malls, and go on different outings. They have activities on-site as well, like football parties and movie nights.

November 04, 2015

By anonymous115525750

We chose Echo Ridge for Mom. It is extremely nice and well-managed. The rooms are excellent, and the staff is very professional and good. They have activities every day and bring in groups.

October 29, 2015

By Clarence11

Echo Ridge was a very nice, clean place. The staff was excellent, and the dining area was exquisite, like a five-star restaurant.

October 28, 2015

By Darla7

I visited Echo Ridge for my mother. The staff was friendly. They had invited all kind of guests to come in and eat lunch. They had like a luau, where they had a big buffet line. There were about two or three tables of us that had all been invited to come at one time. When I made the appointment, I thought that there was just going to be me and them sitting down talking about my mom, and I ended up going on a group tour, which was fine, but it took a long time. I was there like 2 1/2 hours. This place is termed independent, but there is no kitchen in their rooms. The rooms were different. It was just like a bedroom and a sitting room. Some of them have two beds and one bath, but they're very small. It was more like an assisted living-type room. However, the facility was clean, not pristine clean, though, and the residents seemed happy.

October 25, 2015

By jimpoo

I was initially impressed by the neatness of the grounds. The lobby and surrounding area were also bright and CLEAN. The staff lady, Kym, who showed me around was very friendly and helpful. She showed me a large studio apartment which was a right fit for me and not unreasonably priced for my budget. They have a lot of activities, ranging from Bible studies to billiards. I had a very nice lunch at a table with three residents. They spoke highly of the living conditions and of the staff. All of the residents looked happy and cared for. I was very impressed with the way Echo Ridge takes care of their residents. When I am ready, this is my place.

June 30, 2015

Echo Ridge was a lovely atmosphere. Everything seems fine; the rooms, the staff and the food.

May 12, 2015

Echo Ridge was very good, and I was impressed. The rooms were nice, the food was nice, and they were very cooperative. It is a really good place. The rooms were nicely appointed. The manager of the place showed me around and told me everything I needed to know.

April 24, 2015

By Darlene27

Echo Ridge is beautiful. All three meals a day are set properly. They have good food and good people. They have all kinds of things. They have baseball and horse racing, and they teach painting.

April 24, 2015

I like the personnel at Echo Ridge. The staff was fine. They were very positive and very nice. I saw one apartment. It was just a large living room and then a smaller bedroom. One room was spacious though. We had lunch, and the food was good. The place was nice. It was clean, and it didn't have a smell. There was no activity at that time. I didn't see anything about activities.

April 10, 2015

By Donna104069550

Echo Ridge was nice. It just had single rooms, and they wanted an apartment. It was older, but it was nice and more open, and the people were very nice.

March 14, 2015

We got my mom in a place in Tennessee, and she seems to be doing as well as expected. Echo Ridge is a nice facility. There is nothing directly that I like more about it. It is a nice area and a nice facility. The people seem nice for the most part. The staff is one thing that I didn't care so much for. The lady I spoke with initially was extremely nice and helpful. Then once we got her in, the people that are taking care of her is an on staff, married couple. The gentleman is extremely nice and helpful, but his wife is really not nice. She is harsh, and she comes across as rude. I don't care for her one bit. The food is OK. It is not great, but it is not horrible. I think it a good thing that they have three meals a day, but I wouldn't think it was exceptional. I would just think it was average. I think it is fine for now for what she needs. I feel that it is a good fit for her now. For now, it is doing what needs to be for her.

February 10, 2015

By Kenneth16

Echo Ridge was a wonderful place, but it was only independent living. They had great staff an wonderful food, and they also do a lot of activities. The lady that showed us around was so helpful, and she even called me after I visited.

November 09, 2014

By greenthumb3

The food was very good, but management was horrible, residents look miserable. Would never move my mother in.

Hi - thanks so much for reaching out. We're very sorry to hear about your negative experience at Echo Ridge. We take great pride in our management teams and would like to know more about your experience. Please feel free to call our Resident Relations line, 1-800-370-8331, at your convenience.

July 31, 2014

They've done a great job. They were very professional, very informative and very helpful; that's the best thing I could say about my visit to Echo Ridge. They were very nice and very persistent. The place immaculate and well done.

June 19, 2014

Echo Ridge is a beautiful place. Everybody was very, very nice. It was well kept. It was such a great place. The rooms were very nice, but I thought it was a little costly. They gave me a list of the monthly calendar of all the activities and the different things that they did. They keep the residents very busy and active. I like the location because it's close to a shopping center. It’s also close to the YMCA so that they could swim and exercise. What stood out was that everybody was very, very pleasant, and they were very knowledgeable.

May 30, 2014

I knew some people down at Echo Ridge. They referred that place to me. They were very nice and very clean. Everything seemed to be up to date. The only thing they didn't have that I was looking for is an Internet system. The staff who toured me there was up to date on everything there. She was very nice. She gave me all the answers to my questions. They showed me some rooms, and they looked nice. We had lunch at their dining room, and the food was very good. The thing that I like about it is that it is close to my friend's house.

May 20, 2014

The grounds at Echo Ridge are beautiful. The dining hall is nice and better than the other ones I went to. They have a new activities person. And I think she is just out of college, and she doesn't have the vim and vigor of the one before. They barely hear or notice her. I think the food needs to have more options. When you get old, you are typically not supposed to have as much salt, and so people should be able to say "I'd like salt-free" or "I want regular food." I did have a great lunch yesterday there with my mom. It was very good. It was a nice place. I'm not really complaining. I think the staff should always remember that they have a job. And this is like one of the manager's staff. It wasn't horrible. I've seen worse. But they all need to be reminded of what they're trying to do every once in a while. I like how open and airy it is. I love the grounds, and I like all the flowers and plants. I like it, and I think it's very nice. I'd like not to move my parents if I can afford to keep them there when they need the assisted living, and we're bringing people in for that right now because my dad's in the hospital. But I like it, especially when you walk in and the look of the whole place is just wonderful. It's very bright, it's not dark, and it doesn't smell.

Questions about Echo Ridge

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Echo Ridge. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Echo Ridge offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Echo Ridge exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Echo Ridge offer to independent living residents?

If Echo Ridge accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Echo Ridge work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Echo Ridge

Photos of Echo Ridge

Services and Amenities of Echo Ridge

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Echo Ridge

Echo Ridge is located in Knoxville, TN, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Echo Ridge for a visit...and stay!

Map of Echo Ridge