Main Street Senior Living

Reviews of Main Street Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Main Street Senior Living

September 19, 2013

By caring7309

I have my wife here. She has been there for three months now. We chose this facility because of its reputation. The facility is nice, clean and well-cared for. Their director has helped adjust the cost for us but it is still very expensive. They are short on staff but I think they're taking steps to remedy that. One of the drawbacks that I had with them was that they didn't have anybody at the telephone board all weekend. I told them that's unacceptable because they're dealing with people 24/7 including Saturday and Sunday. The director had made some adjustments and she got some of her staff on the phone from 8 am to 4 pm on Saturday and Sunday. We have also seen some of the new staff members, particularly the aides. Some of them don't seem to know what they're doing but they're there and they're hands and feet when they're called on. My wife has a pretty advanced state of Parkinson's, so she has lost her sense of balance. There were times when my wife was reluctant to wait on them to respond to her call, so she got impatient and tried to make it on her own. Because of that, she had fallen twice. At one time, she had a wound on her arm that bled profusely and at another time, she hit her head on the tile floor of the little kitchenette. She really was kind of out of touch with reality for about 24-30 hours after that. Fortunately, she has come back and is doing well now. I have to hire outside help, an LPN, for my wife. I have her some weeks when I'm inordinately busy. I pay her more than this community pays their aides by the hour. Overall, I would recommend this facility but I would do it with reservation.

May 02, 2012

By Vandy80grad

This is a wonderful place. My mother resides at The Terrace at Bluegrass and her improvements from when she was at home are impressive. I do not understand the review below about the food. My mother has gained 11 much needed pounds and raves about the food. My mother went in to The Terrace at Bluegrass in a wheelchair and with help of staff she is now up and walking again. I could not be happier with the care she is getting. The process of moving her in was flawless. The young lady that assisted us was very helpful and caring to our needs. I would highly recomend moving your parents to The Terrace at Bluegrass. You won't regret it!

June 27, 2011

By Shanesgurl1987

Upon visiting this facility on several occasions,I really like this faciity and the care that was provided. I walked in and was greeted by many people. I asked for help finding a patients room and I was personall escorted to the room. Upon arrival to the patients room, I discovered that the patient had an accident and the person from the front changed the patient even though it was not her job. I was overly impressed by this facility.

Questions about Main Street Senior Living

What transportation services does Main Street Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

From around your neighborhood to out in the town, we want you to live your life to the fullest. We welcome residents to explore nearby attractions and events at their leisure and ensure that your travel is safe and convenient. Whether it’s to attend medical appointments or enjoy the local flavors and shops, we connect you with transportation you can count on.

What makes the chef or dining program at Main Street Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

A healthy lifestyle starts with healthy eating options. Our meals are made with real ingredients, by real chefs. From 24/7 availability of snacks and beverages to options for social, family-style meals, dining at Main Street is sure to add flavor to your everyday experience. Homemade and restaurant-quality, our food is fit for any taste.

Costs for Main Street Senior Living

Photos of Main Street Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Main Street Senior Living

• State Licenses: AL & MC - 0000000141

• About Main Street Senior Living

Main Street Senior Living goes beyond senior housing. We strive to provide a distinctive lifestyle filled with friendships, endless activities, and exceptional attention to detail. From all day restaurant-style dining to life enriching activities, we offer a wealth of thoughtfully designed services and amenities included in your monthly rent.

Come sit by the fireplace, or gather around the piano. Curl up with a book from our library, or join in a fitness class. Entertain your family in our private dining room, or meet up with friends for afternoon social hour.

Step outside into the nature preserve and discover peaceful outdoor spaces. Our beautiful community boasts walking paths and a beautiful large courtyard.

Map of Main Street Senior Living