Belvedere Commons of Franklin

Reviews of Belvedere Commons of Franklin

Assisted Living Reviews for Belvedere Commons of Franklin

January 30, 2017

By Claire862271

Belvedere Commons was close to us, and I visited twice. It was cozy and casual looking. They had a kitchen and dining room that looked like a country restaurant. They had memory care that’s been highly recommended. It’s clean, but they had older floors and plumbing. John was very nice.

January 21, 2017

By smsfranklin

No place is perfect, but Belvedere Commons Memory Care has been home for our loved one for the last three years. This is "home" to my sister and her caregivers treat her like family. Our family also feels at home here because we see our sister is taken care, interacted with, and loved.. Her caretakers meet all her needs and enjoy taking care of her. Belvedere Commons has been a blessing along a difficult journey.

January 21, 2017

By Jenmc

My mother is an assisted living resident of Belvedere Commons in Franklin. I like the fact that it is a smaller facility and everything is on one level. With my mother’s memory issues, I felt one level would be less confusing for her. I like that she does not have to use an elevator to go to a different floor for dining or activities. She walks out of her apartment and whether she turns right or left, she will end up in the dining room, since the building is a big rectangle with the dining room in the middle. My mother has always enjoyed walking for exercise and the big rectangle provides a great place for her to do that, which she does quite often. She also enjoyed being outdoors at her home and the two courtyards located with the building surrounding them, allow her to go outside in a secure environment. When initially touring the facility, I noticed the wall with employees pictures and job positions. I was amazed at how long many of the employees have been at Belvedere Commons. This let me know that this facility has low employee turnover, which I think is very important when you are dealing with seniors and especially, residents with memory issues. It tells me that the employees enjoy their jobs and are happy there, which makes for better resident care. I have been impressed with all the employees and feel they truly take an interest in my mother. After living in the same house for 37 years, my mother did not want to move, which is quite common and very understandable. On moving day, when my mother arrived, she was greeted by the Executive Director and other staff members. They bent over backwards to make her feel welcome, to find out what her interests are, and to place her with table mates at meal times that would enjoy each others company. The Executive Director’s office is located as you walk in the facility and she is very approachable and always listens to any concerns I may have. I like that the facility is light and airy, creating a pleasant environment. It is clean and I have never noticed any offensive odors, which is very important to me. I like that when I go to visit, there are always residents out and about, which lets me know my mother can be with other people if she chooses. There are activities, outings on the bus, devotionals, church services, musical performances, and a beauty shop. Belvedere Commons has truly been a blessing to me and my brother, who now have peace of mind that our mother is well cared for, gets three good meals a day, and is with other people getting the socialization she needs.

January 19, 2017

By Horrible care

The care was terrible! The room was not kept clean. The staff was to busy doing crafts and sitting down to help with any needs. The staff have been there a long time and they have become very complacent in their jobs . If you complain about the staff, they are just defended and never dealt with. I DO NOT recommend this facility for anyone's loved one to stay here!

October 24, 2016

By Dutiful Daughter Too

My family had a really awful experience at Belvedere Commons. No one welcomed us when we moved in. The food was always lukewarm. Nurse was hard to find. Room was dirty when we moved in. She was only there 2 weeks before she had to go to the hospital. I had to give 30 days notice, just in case. The day before she was being released to move back 'home' they said she couldn't, due to a sore on her back when was there when she moved in. Before you move your loved one in, have lunch there. The food is cooked and then a cover is put on it and it just sits. Meals are at the convenience of the staff. Lunch at noon and dinner at 5. Then nothing until breakfast. Food MUST be a certain temperature and BC does NOT serve their food hot. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this facility. Nothing good to say about it. I only met the directed after my Mom had gone to the hospital even though I visited my Mom

September 13, 2016

By Tom132041

We have my mother-in-law at Belvedere Commons. The environment is excellent. She is in a room with two beds and a dividing wall. The food is good. The staff is attentive, caring, and observant. It is a locked down unit and security is very good; however, they could increase their staff as there is a need to have three people on staff during the day and the evening. The value and price is comparable to that whole area, but I think it is a little high. The location is excellent. We chose Belvedere because I am more familiar with it and for their knowledge of dementia and Alzheimer’s. Their medical and care knowledge of that particular disease is much better.

December 30, 2015

By Reviewer20

I didn’t like Belvedere Commons. It seemed dark. The whole place smelled like urine. It was fairly new, but just the way it was built and laid out, the rooms were dark. There was not very much window space. I did like the set-up of one room where it had a wall to divide it like a living area and a sleeping area, but the bathrooms were small. There was no closet. On the economic scale, it was a lot cheaper than the other two, but it just wasn’t as nice. It felt like a nursing home. I didn’t interact with the staff. One of the nurses just sat there, but the lady who walked me through was very nice.

November 25, 2015

My husband just moved today into Belvedere Commons' memory care. It is very nice, homey, and the apartments are fine. The staff is helpful and answered all of our questions. It has an outside walking area and activities.

October 27, 2015

By Mindy7

I have my aunt in respite care at Belvedere Commons. I really like the facility. The staff is very eager to do whatever it takes to make you happy. The food is good; they had to grind the food up for my aunt, and they have been very good about doing that and making sure that they only give her things that she can eat. The doors are all locked; the front door stays unlocked during the day, but there is usually someone right there to monitor those coming in and out. It is a very nice facility.

May 17, 2015

Belvedere Commons was a nice facility, and the people were friendly. The staff was very helpful. The rooms were very nice, and they were just like typical apartments. It was very clean. The whole thing was very impressive.

February 25, 2015

My mother is in Belvedere Commons, and we're very pleased with it. I like the location, which is very convenient. I really love the activities. They are great at getting them involved and out of their rooms. She is more involved here than where we had her in previously, so we're really pleased. The other thing that helped us decide was that they had 24-hour nursing care.

September 29, 2014

Belvedere was so expensive, and I am very sensitive to smell. When I walked into one of those places, the smell just hit me that turned me off really quickly, so unfortunately, the idiosyncrasy of man, not the care; it has nothing to do with their capabilities.

August 13, 2013

By Sheila H.

My mother has been a resident for 3 years. It is a pretty, comfortable & clean facility and meets her needs. They have an on site beauty salon, provide transportation (with wheelchair access) to local physician/outpatient facilities and resident outings. The residents also enjoy daily activities and my mother has made many friends. The staff are dedicated, caring and work hard to give the residents the best care. It takes a lot of compassion and patience to work in this environment and I commend the staff. I would highly recommend this facility.

December 27, 2012

By Franklin Family

My parents have been residents in the memory care facility at Belvedere since April, after trying another less than satisfactory area facility. My wife and I toured and researched all of the memory care facilities in the area before settling on Belvedere. Each place we considered sent a nurse to evaluate my parents, and the consensus from all was that both parents needed a memory care level facility. We selected Belvedere for many reasons. Belvedere provides an active and engaging lifestyle for its residents in memory care. They have a full calendar of events each month, including musical entertainment nearly every day, games and crafts, movie events, and exercise activities. They also have weekly outings to a variety of area restaurants for lunch and again for a sweet treat, bus outings to see the beautiful fall leaves or tour the countryside, and bus rides to participate in the city's holiday parades. Belvedere also strongly encourages family involvement, hosting such family events as special holiday meals and a trick or treating event to allow residents to see their young family members in costume before Halloween. The family events are well organized, include musical entertainment for each community, and are well attended. This level of activity and engagement exceeds what we observed in other memory care facilities. My parents are well cared for and attended to in their daily life and medical needs. My father has significant dementia and has had several falls resulting in broken bones and times in a rehab facility. Before his last fall, he was doing the best we had seen in a long time cognitively, thanks to the opportunities and care provided at Belvedere. My mother has mild dementia and many significant medical issues, including Parkinson's, orthostatic hypotension, and severe hearing loss, and she suffered a mild stroke in July. Her medical needs require frequent daily monitoring, beyond what could be provided at home. My dad adjusted to the facility very well and has thrived. My mom has had a more difficult time adjusting to the facility because her dementia is less significant (while her medical needs are greater), but she has made the conscious decision, repeatedly, to be with her husband. She does get lonely at times, because her husband of 48 years can no longer carry on conversations with her, but again, she has chosen to be with her husband, and her husband requires this level of care. She also recognizes the amount of time we invest in her care and medical appointments and has stated she couldn't do it without our help. We have been pleased, overall, with the level of care and love provided to my parents. When there have been issues, as any place will have, we have felt free to address them with the administration and have felt that the administration worked to resolve the issues. No place will ever be home, but the caregivers and activities director at Belvedere work hard to make my parents' days enjoyable. We meet great resistance from certain family members), but those family members do not live in town and do not experience the day to day needs of my parents or witness the efforts and care provided by the staff. We see the full picture, as we experience both the care provided and the needs of my parents on a daily basis.

November 30, 2012

By peaceful33

I am so impressed with the care that is provided at Belvedere Commons. The staff and management team are so dedicated to serving the residents and making their days fun and full of life. In the past few years I have watched as they take the residents with Alzheimers out to local restaurants EVERY week. The residents obviously enjoy it and you can tell the patrons in the restaurants do as well. I see them take the Assisted Living residents out to local restaurants, road trips, sight seeing adventures as well as out shopping and to doctor's appointments. The atmosphere here is amazing. I am so thankful that God has blessed these residents with a chance to live here.

Memory Care Reviews for Belvedere Commons of Franklin

Questions about Belvedere Commons of Franklin

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

The challenges presented by memory loss can be difficult to navigate, but we’re here to help every step of the way. Belvedere Commons of Franklin offers an innovative approach to memory care for those with memory impairments, including Alzheimer’s and dementia. Our Village Program offers personalized programming that engages residents in activities that may reflect their former schedules, lifestyles and interests while helping them feel safe and appreciated. Through enriching experiences and by establishing caring personal relationships with our residents, we find great sources of enjoyment and comfort—together.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Belvedere Commons of Franklin. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Living at Belvedere Commons means being a part of an active, vibrant community. Enjoy delicious restaurant-style dining, a wealth of social activities and the freedom to explore your interests. There are countless opportunities to connect, grow and live up to your full potential.

What programs or activities does Belvedere Commons of Franklin offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Living well can mean lots of things. It’s seizing opportunities to connect with others, explore interests, grow spiritually and nurture a healthy lifestyle. It’s being part of a community where you feel valued and welcome. At Belvedere Commons of Franklin, we provide all the ingredients our residents need to live up to their full potential. From fitness lessons and mental health services to therapeutic programs and everyday activities that define our vibrant community, everything we do is guided by a sense of purpose.

What places are near Belvedere Commons of Franklin or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Our community is near two major shopping centers, great medical centers, outdoor and indoor recreation spaces and much more.

What transportation services does Belvedere Commons of Franklin offer to assisted living residents?

From around your neighborhood to out in the town, we want you to live your life to the fullest. We welcome residents to explore nearby attractions and events at their leisure and ensure that your travel is safe and convenient. Whether it’s to attend medical appointments or enjoy the local flavors and shops, we connect you with transportation you can count on.

What makes the chef or dining program at Belvedere Commons of Franklin exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

A healthy lifestyle starts with healthy eating options. Our meals are made with real ingredients, by real chefs. From 24/7 availability of snacks and beverages to options for social, family-style meals, dining at Belvedere Commons of Franklin is sure to add flavor to your everyday experience. Homemade and restaurant-quality, our food is fit for any taste.

What safety features or security measures does Belvedere Commons of Franklin offer to assisted living residents?

Enrich everyday experiences and receive care that stands out from the rest at Belvedere Commons of Franklin. In our assisted living lifestyle, residents enjoy the comforts of a place to call their very own while getting the personalized assistance they need throughout their daily routines. From planned activities to social events, assisted living residents participate in fulfilling experiences throughout the day and have 24/7 help at their fingertips.

How does Belvedere Commons of Franklin keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Senior living as you may have once known it is much different today, offering more options that fit your needs than ever before. Belvedere Commons of Franklin strives to create something better—in every sense of the word. Here, you get an exceptional lifestyle filled with good friendships, meaningful activities, delicious food and, basically, all the best that life has to offer. When you’ve come this far, Belvedere Commons of Franklin exists to take care of the maintenance, the worry and the hassle to make sure you’re free to focus on the moments that matter most.

If Belvedere Commons of Franklin accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We accept pets and provide private apartments and well-kept outdoor spaces.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Aging is a natural process, and one that presents both joys and challenges along the way. And sometimes, we need a little extra help, which is why our community has onsite services to ensure mobility stays high and stress low. We have carefully selected partners who are known for their therapy skills, tailoring programs to meet your individual needs. Guided by professionals who have experience working with a range of issues, we help you get the compassionate and convenient care that helps you live your best life.

What safety features or security measures does Belvedere Commons of Franklin provide to protect residents who wander?

What programs or activities does Belvedere Commons of Franklin offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Specially Designed Neighborhood Features: Physical environment designed to avoid excess stimulation Living and dining spaces represent environments in residential setting Personal items reflecting residents’ individual preferences encouraged Landmarks and sensory cues support choice and independence

Is Belvedere Commons of Franklin affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Costs for Belvedere Commons of Franklin

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: Yes

• Licenses: Tennessee

About Belvedere Commons of Franklin

Located in a city filled with history, Belvedere Commons of Franklin provides local seniors with excellent assisted living and memory care amenities and services. Our talented team of staff members is dedicated to providing a fulfilling and enjoyable lifestyle for all of our residents. This is accomplished every day through the programs, activities and individually tailored assistive services that we offer each individual at our community.

Belvedere Commons of Franklin is managed by Grace Management, Inc. Founded in 1984, Grace Management, Inc. has continued to grow due to our people-oriented approach to senior housing and care.

Featured Amenities

Residents of our community enjoy a selection of accommodations, including layouts in both studio and one-bedroom floor plans. Most apartments come standard with a private bath, well-equipped kitchenette, spacious closets and individually controlled thermostats. All accommodations are outfitted with emergency call systems for added peace of mind.

When the weather is nice, residents can be found enjoying our enclosed outdoor courtyards and chatting on our community porch. Both new and classic films are enjoyed in our TV room, and our family room is a great place to simply relax or socialize.

Daily meals are served restaurant-style in our community dining room, and tasty snacks are also available throughout the day.

Available Services

To help ensure that our residents are relaxed as possible, we provide weekly linen and housekeeping services for all accommodations. Routine maintenance checks are performed as well. For reaching medical appointments, we offer the convenience of our scheduled transportation program. Residents facing the ever-present challenge of dementia take part in The Village Program, our specialized memory care and life enrichment program. Here, specially trained caregivers provide each resident with personalized services that take into account his or her needs and preferences. Belvedere Commons of Franklin is an excellent assisted living and memory care community in historic Tennessee.

Our assisted living apartments features private bathrooms, kitchenettes and are wired for telephone and cable television. In our Memory Care Neighborhood we have both private and companion suites with a unique relationship based care plan.

Map of Belvedere Commons of Franklin