Uffelman Estates

Reviews of Uffelman Estates

Independent Living Reviews for Uffelman Estates

September 13, 2016

By Verna136757

Uffelman Estates was very nice. Some of the rooms that I saw were very well organized and well set up. I had lunch there, and the food was very good. They had a lot of different areas. They offer go-places and group participation like wheelchair baseball game. They provide transportation going to the doctors and shopping. The staff was wonderful.

May 10, 2016

By MelanieNRDGB

My mom is in independent living. We’re very happy with it. It’s Uffelman Estates. My mom is happy there. She has been there for three years now. They have a very caring staff. I would highly recommend them. They make meals for the residents there, but they have their own apartment and they’re pretty much on their own. They have an activity director who does arts and crafts and games. They also take them on a field trip once a month. The apartment is perfect for Mom. She has a one-bedroom apartment. She is happy with it. They have all different sizes though. If you want an efficiency, you could have an efficiency, but we got her a one-bedroom.

February 29, 2016

By Clyde H

I went to Uffelman Estates. It was a nice facility. They only have one elevator shaft, but in the center, there is a staircase coming down. It was a husband and wife that run it. The two of them were managing the place. There was a big shopping center nearby within walking distance of the place. There were several restaurants and stores in the area, so they were in a predominantly commercial area. They did have activities. They had a room there that if you want to have family over, you can have a meal or you can have activities in that separate room just for you and your family.

February 15, 2016

By Georgia8

Uffelman Estates was very good. The only thing wrong with it was that the units were too small. Everything else was excellent. The staff was excellent.

January 17, 2016

By Visitor119316050

I went to visit Uffelman Estates. It looked like a nursing home. People were in wheelchairs. It was just not a facility that I was looking for as I want a more active community than that. I saw their activities, and they were not what we wanted.

Hello, my name is Katie, and I work for Holiday. We are so sorry to hear this perspective. Our staff works hard to make sure The Grande is the best possible place to live and retire for our seniors, and is very sorry to hear these thoughts on our community. We wish you well in your continued search for senior housing, and sincerely hope you found a retirement community that better suits your needs. Thank you so much. --Katie

June 30, 2014

By rosa6862

Uffelman Estates gave us a tour. They let me bring my husband, and we all came to lunch so we could experience dining with them, and I thought that was very nice. It was like you were in a restaurant and you had a menu to order from, and they had some good choices. They served like they were a number one or A-rated restaurant. They had people who served the dessert and different people who served the main meal. I was impressed with that because a lot of times when you are in a facility like that, one of the most important things is mealtime. So I thought that was a nice way to serve the meal; it made everyone feel like they were special. The rooms were very nice, had nice space; the living room and kitchen area was combined, but it was just right. It wasn't too much, and it was just right if you want visitors. The bedroom was a very nice-looking, modern bedroom with a separate bath and shower. I thought that was nice for the price. And, they had elevators, so they could accommodate people who were in wheelchairs. All the hallways were very large. It was very accessible. Then, they had an area for entertainment, to bring entertainment, and to have dances. I think she said they had dances once a month or once a week, something like that. What I liked about it was they are accommodating anyone and everyone who wants to go there, regardless of his difficult condition, as long as that person can afford to hire his own assistant or nurses or aides. So, once you get there, even though you may be healthy and in shape, you may over time become dependent on help or other people, but if you or your family can hire them, you can stay there; you don't have to leave. The food was good, and it looked clean. Everyone had on gloves and nets on their hair. Through the halls, we went upstairs, and everything looked clean. It was a very attractive place as well. It looked like it was being maintained pretty well.

December 29, 2013

The other one that we visited was Uffelman Estates. We just kind of drop in on them because I just talked to somebody on the phone we just decided to drive up there one afternoon and they welcomed us. They showed us around. It was very nice. Their front foyer was really impressive. We ate lunch there too and the people we ate lunch with were happy with that facility, which was a plus. However, it didn't have the facility for Alzheimer's and if you've got to where you needed more help, you would have to move. The idea was if we would move to in to one like that, it would be home for the rest of our lives. I was pleased with them and they advertised that they had cottages, but when we checked them, there were only four and mostly full. So, it would be very difficult to get into a cottage there. They had mostly studio apartments or studio rooms.

March 28, 2013

By Caring 4594

I chose Uffelman Estates for my aunt because of the way the apartments were arranged and the choice of apartments it had. You could get a studio or a 1 or 2-bedroom apartment. All of the tubs therein are like walk-in tubs. There was new carpeting in the place where my aunt is going to move in. It also had a patio she could walk on. It was a bright place. There were 2 windows and a door to the patio. I was comfortable at that place and I think my aunt will really be happy there. I also know some of the residents who said they enjoy being there. I ate lunch and went on a very nice tour. After lunch, the chef came into the meeting room and asked if my aunt had any special diet. The staff had a good attitude.

Costs for Uffelman Estates

Photos of Uffelman Estates

Services and Amenities of Uffelman Estates

• Housing Extra: Cottages, Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use ,Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Parking: Covered, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard,Lounge,Offsite Activities

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Uffelman Estates

Uffelman Estates is located in Clarksville, TN, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Uffelman Estates for a visit...and stay!

Map of Uffelman Estates