The Terrace at Mountain Creek

Reviews of The Terrace at Mountain Creek

Assisted Living Reviews for The Terrace at Mountain Creek

April 19, 2017

By Brooke Rosario

I don't know how this place got such great reviews. There staff is terrible. I know 3 employees that I would recommend highly and that is it. There staff is not helpful. They take to long to assist residence to the restrooms. 2 patients had fallen and were seriously injured that required hospital stays. One lady had a broken hip and had to wait 5 hours on an ambulance!! They serve a lot of sandwiches to residences that can't get out of their rooms. The relative I have fell multiple times and has broken bones. I think this facility is one of the worst places ever. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

November 08, 2016

By Cathy787662

We went to The Terrace for a visit; we saw 2 of the rooms that we could possibly get for her. They have a library, they have Bingo, and they take them places to go eat lunch, shopping, or doctor’s appointments. They have a van. Everybody seemed really happy in there, and everything was doing OK. It’s one of the cheaper ones.

March 22, 2016

By Carole27

My husband is very comfortable in The Terrace at Mountain Creek. The setting is wonderful. The staff is very caring, will bring his food when needed, and are very flexible and accommodating.

November 19, 2015

By Son and daughter-in-law

We recently moved my husband's parents from Kentucky to Chattanooga. After touring facilities we felt the best choice was The Terrace at Mountain Creek. This has proven to be the best decision we could have made. Karen and Mike patiently guided us in the process, making certain that the apartment was readied for my husband's parents. Jeff and John in maintenance were outstanding in helping us get everything in perfect condition prior to the move. We have interrupted Jeff many times and he is always so kind and helpful always ready to answer our questions. The entire staff at the Terrace has a great understanding of the elderly population and has made the move so easy. My husband's parents adjusted in a matter of days and absolutely love it at the Terrace! We did not know what his parents reaction would be to the move but the kindness, courtesy, and gentle encouragement by the staff has made this transition so easy. We occasionally pinch ourselves and say "We never imagined that this move could have gone this well". Thank you!

November 15, 2015

By Roger31

I had a tour at The Terrace at Mountain Creek. It was fabulous; however, I was disappointed because the lady who gave me the tour didn't tell me that they didn't have an opening. I drove about an hour to get there, went through the tour which took about half an hour, and then drove half an hour back home for nothing. They had a wait of 30 days before they would have an opening. I like the facility, but I felt I was misled in going and given a tour when they did not have an opening. At that time, I was pressured for time to try to find a facility for my mom in a hurry, and I feel like I wasted my time going there. The patients that were there were very friendly. The staff was very friendly and very outgoing and seemed like they were in their niche because they were so happy at work.

July 27, 2015

By Ann Greever

I am the daughter of a client at the Terrace. I had started my search in April and finally when my mother was more ready we chose the Terrace. We, my sis and myself and my mom went to visit 4 facilities. WOW! The Terrace won hands down. We did discuss all four with my brothers and sis and mom. We wrote prices and pros and cons of each facility and like I said the Terrace got it without a doubt. The facility is wonderful, there are great activities, the food is excellent and it is like dining out each meal. The Terrace is elegant yet home like. Now in just a few short weeks I have spent much time there with my mother as she is becoming familiar. We could not have asked for better care. My mother was actually in very bad shape when arriving and within just a few days she is back to being healthy. Each staff and client there has gone out of their way to be exceptionally nice to all of us. I could not have found a nicer place. A big thank you to The Terrace for doing your jobs well. It is obvious that you do care for your clients. Sincerely, Ann Greever

April 20, 2015

By John84327250

At The Terrace at Mountain Creek, they have transportation if you want to go with them. It was very nice. Their host -- who was very nice -- escorted us. Food was very good. We went for lunch, and it was a very nice lunch. The service was nice. They got to your table in a reasonable amount of time. Overall, it was a very nice experience. The host showed us around. They have areas on each floor for people who sit down, watch TV, read, and get together with some of the other people who would come to visit you. They have rooms that look out over the valley. They have different sizes and pricing with each size. Those rooms were very nice, and some of them had fantastic views. Parking was no problem when we got there. The facility was very nice.

March 08, 2015

By Meryl1

I was very disappointed with the Terrace. I felt that it was like built 30 or 40 years ago, and nothing has been upgraded. The apartments were not very enticing, it looked very old, and the appliances -- nothing was upgraded. It looked like all the original stuff. Also, we needed a walk-in shower or bathtub, and they didn't have that. But the facility itself, the grounds, and the atmosphere were very nice. The apartments were just very disappointing. They did invite us for lunch, and it was good. The meal was fine, and the director there was wonderful. I think they have to improve their apartments; for $50,000 a year, it doesn't make sense. The staff was wonderful. I had no complaints about them.

January 26, 2015

I've been here at The Terrace at Mountain Creek for a couple of months already. It's good, and I liked it because they have better pricing point than the other places in the area, and the location is good. It's convenient to my job. They took us out to view their Christmas lights, and they take the residents to Wal-Mart twice a week. The food is good, and it's three meals a day instead of just two. The staff is very good and very friendly. The cleaning and the maintenance are pretty good. The thing that we don't like is my husband is a bilateral amputee above the knee, he is wheelchair bound, he has no ability to ambulate, and the bathroom is very tiny. They definitely need to remodel their rooms and make all the rooms wheelchair friendly, and it is not power wheelchair friendly at all in the apartment that we are in. The apartment overall is large, and the rooms are very large, just not the bathrooms. The bathrooms need to be remodeled and resized; I mean major remodeling.

July 21, 2014

By Bev9

I believe this is as good as it gets. If you are bored, it's because you don't get involved in the many varied activities provided. And the staff are always kind, courteous and helpful. Food is good and served three times a day

August 20, 2012

By brandyb1

well to begin this is a place where a friend of my family lives. She does enjoy her stay at this facility. I came to visit her on occasion. The first impression is the lady at the front desk, she was very polite and helpful. her positive attitude made me more comfortable. While visiting her i was able to do some activities that were planned by facility. That was nice. My overall thought on the techs helping were they were helpful and seemed to like their jobs. But the one thing i was sure that they were understaffed they really need more help. I overheard some of the nurses gossiping about other employees, i thought that was not professorial at all. But my overall experience was a good one, the lack in sympathy from one nurse did make me a little upset,but some people are just like that. The place was pretty clean, and nicely decorated.

June 22, 2012

By chipper3

When we first moved him to the assisted living side of The Terrace I was thankful at the attitudes and offers of condolence that were extended to me and my family. We had specifically chosen The Terrace thinking that some time in the future Dad would need to be taken care of with greater diligence than we were able to provide. I was a bit disappointed that more assistance was not provided when it came time for the actual move. I am not sure why perhaps it was due to his realization that he was getting old and was no longer able to take care of himself but his attitude turned quite sour toward those who were put in charge of providing that care. Specifically, he became verbally abusive to his health care providers. I was once again encouraged, however, that they remained professional and businesslike and did not seem to allow his attitude to change their demeanor.

April 25, 2012

By pinkangel06

The Terrace at Mountain Creek is the best facilit for residents at the retirement level or the assisted living level. They are friendly, well organized, well maintained, and have excellent staff who treat you like family. It is a very safe environment and there is always activities for the residents at all ages and abilities. They encourage family time, having programs during the holidays and programs and activities during the week. There are three wings, retirement, assisted, and alzheimers (called memory care).

Independent Living Reviews for The Terrace at Mountain Creek

August 26, 2013

By caring08151

My wife and I are at The Terrace at Mountain Creek. My wife is the principal resident and is with assisted living. I'm in independent living. I take care of my wife here. If she has to move to the memory care unit, it's going to be very easy for me to visit her because that unit is just down the hall. I don't have to walk or take a taxi or anything like that. The price of the facility's services is within the range of our budget. The apartments are spacious and the arrangement is convenient. The surroundings are quite pleasant too. The dining room is attractively set-up. They provide 3 meals a day, few snacks. For us though, we enjoy the pleasure of being able to do some of our own cooking. They permit light cooking such as making cheese or using the microwave to heat water or make some simple dishes. Such regulations are compatible with our lifestyle. The facility provides many different activities as well as transportation to doctor's appointment and for shopping if you don't have an automobile. The employees are very attentive and busy. They're not overworked, so I don't feel guilty about asking help from them in different ways. This is working out very well in our experience. I would very definitely recommend this facility to others.

Photos of The Terrace at Mountain Creek

Services and Amenities of The Terrace at Mountain Creek

• Spanish
  • Languages Extra: Arabic

• Pets: Yes

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About The Terrace at Mountain Creek

The Terrace at Mountain Creek is a senior living provider in Chattanooga, Tennessee that offers residents Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Memory Care. Contact The Terrace at Mountain Creek for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Terrace at Mountain Creek