The Terrace at Mountain Creek

Reviews of The Terrace at Mountain Creek

Assisted Living Reviews for The Terrace at Mountain Creek

April 19, 2017

By Brooke Rosario

I don't know how this place got such great reviews. There staff is terrible. I know 3 employees that I would recommend highly and that is it. There staff is not helpful. They take to long to assist residence to the restrooms. 2 patients had fallen and were seriously injured that required hospital stays. One lady had a broken hip and had to wait 5 hours on an ambulance!! They serve a lot of sandwiches to residences that can't get out of their rooms. The relative I have fell multiple times and has broken bones. I think this facility is one of the worst places ever. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

November 08, 2016

By Cathy787662

We went to The Terrace for a visit; we saw 2 of the rooms that we could possibly get for her. They have a library, they have Bingo, and they take them places to go eat lunch, shopping, or doctor’s appointments. They have a van. Everybody seemed really happy in there, and everything was doing OK. It’s one of the cheaper ones.

March 22, 2016

By Carole27

My husband is very comfortable in The Terrace at Mountain Creek. The setting is wonderful. The staff is very caring, will bring his food when needed, and are very flexible and accommodating.

November 19, 2015

By Son and daughter-in-law

We recently moved my husband's parents from Kentucky to Chattanooga. After touring facilities we felt the best choice was The Terrace at Mountain Creek. This has proven to be the best decision we could have made. Karen and Mike patiently guided us in the process, making certain that the apartment was readied for my husband's parents. Jeff and John in maintenance were outstanding in helping us get everything in perfect condition prior to the move. We have interrupted Jeff many times and he is always so kind and helpful always ready to answer our questions. The entire staff at the Terrace has a great understanding of the elderly population and has made the move so easy. My husband's parents adjusted in a matter of days and absolutely love it at the Terrace! We did not know what his parents reaction would be to the move but the kindness, courtesy, and gentle encouragement by the staff has made this transition so easy. We occasionally pinch ourselves and say "We never imagined that this move could have gone this well". Thank you!

November 15, 2015

By Roger31

I had a tour at The Terrace at Mountain Creek. It was fabulous; however, I was disappointed because the lady who gave me the tour didn't tell me that they didn't have an opening. I drove about an hour to get there, went through the tour which took about half an hour, and then drove half an hour back home for nothing. They had a wait of 30 days before they would have an opening. I like the facility, but I felt I was misled in going and given a tour when they did not have an opening. At that time, I was pressured for time to try to find a facility for my mom in a hurry, and I feel like I wasted my time going there. The patients that were there were very friendly. The staff was very friendly and very outgoing and seemed like they were in their niche because they were so happy at work.

July 27, 2015

By Ann Greever

I am the daughter of a client at the Terrace. I had started my search in April and finally when my mother was more ready we chose the Terrace. We, my sis and myself and my mom went to visit 4 facilities. WOW! The Terrace won hands down. We did discuss all four with my brothers and sis and mom. We wrote prices and pros and cons of each facility and like I said the Terrace got it without a doubt. The facility is wonderful, there are great activities, the food is excellent and it is like dining out each meal. The Terrace is elegant yet home like. Now in just a few short weeks I have spent much time there with my mother as she is becoming familiar. We could not have asked for better care. My mother was actually in very bad shape when arriving and within just a few days she is back to being healthy. Each staff and client there has gone out of their way to be exceptionally nice to all of us. I could not have found a nicer place. A big thank you to The Terrace for doing your jobs well. It is obvious that you do care for your clients. Sincerely, Ann Greever

April 20, 2015

By John84327250

At The Terrace at Mountain Creek, they have transportation if you want to go with them. It was very nice. Their host -- who was very nice -- escorted us. Food was very good. We went for lunch, and it was a very nice lunch. The service was nice. They got to your table in a reasonable amount of time. Overall, it was a very nice experience. The host showed us around. They have areas on each floor for people who sit down, watch TV, read, and get together with some of the other people who would come to visit you. They have rooms that look out over the valley. They have different sizes and pricing with each size. Those rooms were very nice, and some of them had fantastic views. Parking was no problem when we got there. The facility was very nice.

March 08, 2015

By Meryl1

I was very disappointed with the Terrace. I felt that it was like built 30 or 40 years ago, and nothing has been upgraded. The apartments were not very enticing, it looked very old, and the appliances -- nothing was upgraded. It looked like all the original stuff. Also, we needed a walk-in shower or bathtub, and they didn't have that. But the facility itself, the grounds, and the atmosphere were very nice. The apartments were just very disappointing. They did invite us for lunch, and it was good. The meal was fine, and the director there was wonderful. I think they have to improve their apartments; for $50,000 a year, it doesn't make sense. The staff was wonderful. I had no complaints about them.

January 26, 2015

I've been here at The Terrace at Mountain Creek for a couple of months already. It's good, and I liked it because they have better pricing point than the other places in the area, and the location is good. It's convenient to my job. They took us out to view their Christmas lights, and they take the residents to Wal-Mart twice a week. The food is good, and it's three meals a day instead of just two. The staff is very good and very friendly. The cleaning and the maintenance are pretty good. The thing that we don't like is my husband is a bilateral amputee above the knee, he is wheelchair bound, he has no ability to ambulate, and the bathroom is very tiny. They definitely need to remodel their rooms and make all the rooms wheelchair friendly, and it is not power wheelchair friendly at all in the apartment that we are in. The apartment overall is large, and the rooms are very large, just not the bathrooms. The bathrooms need to be remodeled and resized; I mean major remodeling.

July 21, 2014

By Bev9

I believe this is as good as it gets. If you are bored, it's because you don't get involved in the many varied activities provided. And the staff are always kind, courteous and helpful. Food is good and served three times a day

August 20, 2012

By brandyb1

well to begin this is a place where a friend of my family lives. She does enjoy her stay at this facility. I came to visit her on occasion. The first impression is the lady at the front desk, she was very polite and helpful. her positive attitude made me more comfortable. While visiting her i was able to do some activities that were planned by facility. That was nice. My overall thought on the techs helping were they were helpful and seemed to like their jobs. But the one thing i was sure that they were understaffed they really need more help. I overheard some of the nurses gossiping about other employees, i thought that was not professorial at all. But my overall experience was a good one, the lack in sympathy from one nurse did make me a little upset,but some people are just like that. The place was pretty clean, and nicely decorated.

June 22, 2012

By chipper3

When we first moved him to the assisted living side of The Terrace I was thankful at the attitudes and offers of condolence that were extended to me and my family. We had specifically chosen The Terrace thinking that some time in the future Dad would need to be taken care of with greater diligence than we were able to provide. I was a bit disappointed that more assistance was not provided when it came time for the actual move. I am not sure why perhaps it was due to his realization that he was getting old and was no longer able to take care of himself but his attitude turned quite sour toward those who were put in charge of providing that care. Specifically, he became verbally abusive to his health care providers. I was once again encouraged, however, that they remained professional and businesslike and did not seem to allow his attitude to change their demeanor.

April 25, 2012

By pinkangel06

The Terrace at Mountain Creek is the best facilit for residents at the retirement level or the assisted living level. They are friendly, well organized, well maintained, and have excellent staff who treat you like family. It is a very safe environment and there is always activities for the residents at all ages and abilities. They encourage family time, having programs during the holidays and programs and activities during the week. There are three wings, retirement, assisted, and alzheimers (called memory care).

Independent Living Reviews for The Terrace at Mountain Creek

May 31, 2015

The staff at The Terrace was wonderful. They gave me a tour, and everybody welcomed me. They also took me to lunch. They were very cooperative and helpful. It looked very nice. They had several activities like bingo and puzzles. I liked the location. The people were friendly, and the food was good. They had a nice atmosphere.

August 26, 2013

By caring08151

My wife and I are at The Terrace at Mountain Creek. My wife is the principal resident and is with assisted living. I'm in independent living. I take care of my wife here. If she has to move to the memory care unit, it's going to be very easy for me to visit her because that unit is just down the hall. I don't have to walk or take a taxi or anything like that. The price of the facility's services is within the range of our budget. The apartments are spacious and the arrangement is convenient. The surroundings are quite pleasant too. The dining room is attractively set-up. They provide 3 meals a day, few snacks. For us though, we enjoy the pleasure of being able to do some of our own cooking. They permit light cooking such as making cheese or using the microwave to heat water or make some simple dishes. Such regulations are compatible with our lifestyle. The facility provides many different activities as well as transportation to doctor's appointment and for shopping if you don't have an automobile. The employees are very attentive and busy. They're not overworked, so I don't feel guilty about asking help from them in different ways. This is working out very well in our experience. I would very definitely recommend this facility to others.

Questions about The Terrace at Mountain Creek

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

The staff attends monthly staff meetings which implement a training piece specifically addressing dementia and memory care needs. They are also required to take online courses through a senior care training program. We are also constantly training on redirecting and handling behaviors associated with memory loss.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Terrace at Mountain Creek. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is around 84. Our assisted living residents love to play corn hole, bingo, and cards such as bridge and poker. The ladies enjoy painting and jewelry making class. They also enjoy music performances and church services.

What programs or activities does The Terrace at Mountain Creek offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer devotionals, bible studies, church services, exercise classes, evening prayer, and ping pong.

What places are near The Terrace at Mountain Creek or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

While we do not have anything within walking distance, we do have many stores and restaurants close by. We are very close to Walmart, Aldi, McAllister’s Deli, Dollar Tree, Mexican Restaurants, Chinese Restaurants, etc. We make weekly trips to many of these places.

What transportation services does The Terrace at Mountain Creek offer to assisted living residents?

Assisted Living residents are allowed to have their own vehicles at The Terrace, however, we do offer a handicapped accessible bus to take residents to appointments, run errands, go to restaurants, etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Terrace at Mountain Creek exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The Terrace offers a restaurant style all day dining experience. All of our residents are served by a waiter/waitress just like they would be in a regular restaurant. All meals consist of fresh, made from scratch recipes and we also offer an “always available” menu that can be ordered as a substitution or an addition to the entrée. Our residents can order off of the always available menu any time that the kitchen is open (7a-7p).

What safety features or security measures does The Terrace at Mountain Creek offer to assisted living residents?

We offer call pendants and emergency pull cords to our residents. The front desk is staffed from 6a-10p and we are also implementing the accushield program which will vet all of our vendors and track all of our visitors on a daily basis.

How does The Terrace at Mountain Creek keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have monthly family nights as well as a monthly newsletter that gets mailed and e-mailed to all family members. We also have e-mail and text blasts to update on any important information throughout the month.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Terrace at Mountain Creek during daytime and nighttime hours?

The Terrace at Mountain Creek takes special consideration for all of our residents needs while creating staffing schedules. Our staffing needs change as resident needs change.

If The Terrace at Mountain Creek accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do accept pets as long as our residents are physically and cognitively able to care for them. We have a fenced in area in the back of the building where dogs may play off of a leash.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

The staff attends monthly staff meetings which implement a training piece during the meeting. They are also required to take online courses through a senior care training program.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Terrace at Mountain Creek. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of our independent living residents is around 80. Our independent residents like to do many of the same activities that our assisted living residents do. They enjoy going out to eat, playing cards, ping pong, and cornhole. Several of our independent residents are still driving so they like to get out and about as much as possible.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are close to many shopping areas and restaurants such as Walmart, Northgate mall, and fast food as well as sit down restaurants. We are also very close to downtown Chattanooga which hosts shopping restaurants, parks, etc.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Terrace at Mountain Creek has organized?

Trips to the Coker Tire Museum, Home Folks restaurant, Medal of Honor Museum, Hamricks shopping, and more.

What transportation services does The Terrace at Mountain Creek offer to independent living residents?

Independent Living residents are allowed to have their own vehicles at The Terrace, however, we do offer a handicapped accessible bus to take residents to appointments, run errands, go to restaurants, etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Terrace at Mountain Creek exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Front lobby, library, activities room, bistro, beauty shop, and back lobby.

What safety features or security measures does The Terrace at Mountain Creek offer to independent living residents?

Does The Terrace at Mountain Creek work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

The Terrace strives to have consistent staff employed directly by The Terrace. In an emergency situation, we would discuss the pros and cons of using an agency or registry and proceed in the best interest of our residents.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does The Terrace at Mountain Creek provide to protect residents who wander?

Our assisted living takes wandering very seriously. If a resident starts to exhibit wandering behaviors (and attempting to exit the building) we would conduct an immediate care plan meeting with the family to discuss safety and the possibility of transferring to our secure memory care neighborhood.

What programs or activities does The Terrace at Mountain Creek offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Brain exercises, games, aroma hand massages, spelling bees, sensory games, gardening, guessing games, noodle tennis, science experiments, charades, etc.

Our nursing director does an initial assessment along with recommendations from the residents physician. Our nursing staff and care staff constantly monitors our residents and a repeat assessment is done as need or every 3 months depending on the situation.

What techniques does The Terrace at Mountain Creek use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

The Terrace has a small, intimate dining room for our memory care residents. We use colored plates to stimulate appetite and are able to use the hand over hand method to assist in feeding.

How does The Terrace at Mountain Creek keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Families are invited to be a part of the quarterly care plan meetings as well as their IDT meetings. We stay in constant communication with family members if there are illnesses or declines happening.

Describe the neighborhood around The Terrace at Mountain Creek. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The Terrace at Mountain Creek is nestled in the foothills of Signal Mountain, TN. We have a long driveway off of the main road so our building feels quiet and peaceful. However, at the end of our driveway you will find convenient businesses, restaurants, homes, neighborhoods, and apartment communities.

Is The Terrace at Mountain Creek affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

The Terrace is not affiliated with any hospitals. If our residents need more care, they have the right to choose which hospital or skilled facility to go to

Costs for The Terrace at Mountain Creek

Photos of The Terrace at Mountain Creek

Services and Amenities of The Terrace at Mountain Creek

• Independent Living Starting At: $2000/month

About The Terrace at Mountain Creek

The Terrace at Mountain Creek is a 119 apartment senior living community that was intentionally designed to meet the unique needs of older adults. With both independent living, assisted living and memory care services, residents have their choice of purposefully designed studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom private apartments, which include full bathroom, kitchenette, emergency call response, fire safety system, and individualized heating and cooling. The building also features a beautiful dining room, ground-level courtyard, full-service salon, computer room, fitness center, on-site rehabilitation center, and much more.

For those seeking independent living, you can cook in your own home or join neighbors for sensational, gourmet restaurant-style dining. Drive your own car or use our complimentary chauffeured transportation for scheduled trips to shopping, dining, cultural outings and medical appointments. In addition to our purposefully designed private apartments.

The Terrace at Mountain Creek's amenities include restaurant-style dining with three delicious meals daily; weekly apartment housekeeping; weekly linen and laundry services; trained staff on-site 24 hours each day; assistance with daily life tasks such as dressing, bathing, and mobility; medication management and administration; and social events and activities for individuals and groups.

We believe pricing for assisted living services should be transparent, predictable, and provide flexibility to allow for changes in the needs and interests of our seniors. There are no long-term leasing commitments and no restrictive buy-in fees required to live in this community. Our inclusive pricing model helps older adults and their families confidently plan for the cost associated with senior living services.

Provision Living believes that older adults deserve the opportunity to live healthy, happy, purposeful lives that include connection to family, friends and community; easy access to supportive services; and an environment that supports personal independence and growth.

Map of The Terrace at Mountain Creek