Holiday Hills Estates

Reviews of Holiday Hills Estates

Independent Living Reviews for Holiday Hills Estates

June 21, 2021

By Erin

My dad moved into Holiday Hills Estates. It's very hard to find assisted living that allows pets, and they allow pets. Having his pet was vital to a happy transition for him from his home. I would say that the the facility itself is beautiful with great amenities and really good food. They have a care team right there on staff in the facility, that can offer more like an assisted living level of care if needed. So that's been really good. I would say the staff are helpful and friendly. They have bingo and movie nights. They have a theater, an exercise room, a library, and a really beautiful chapel. My dad isn't huge on all the activities. I have seen when I visit the people there that are very active playing bingo or cards. I think the facilities are really nice for the price. For the cost of the care, I would say that's been our only thing that hasn't been perfect. The level of care is lower than you might get in a true assisted living or memory care facility, and the cost is similar.

March 20, 2021

By Barbara

My stepdad is at Holiday Hills Estates. For the most part, we have had a good experience. The staff is friendly. The rooms are nice, clean, and appropriate. There is an exercise room and billiards, and they play bingo and stuff like that.

March 04, 2021

By Sara

Holiday Hills Estates was a nice place. It's dated, but it's very clean. The person who showed us around was very nice about following up our calls. We just didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling. When we were in there, the residents didn't feel happy, but I don't think it would have been a bad place for my parents to live.

Hi Sara, thank you for taking the time to rate and review our community. While we may not have been the perfect fit for you at this time, we appreciate you sharing your feedback. If anything ever changes and all-inclusive senior living is right for you, please keep us in mind!

January 26, 2021

By Debbie

My friend moved into Holiday Hills Estates last Friday. They were very friendly and very helpful. The employees were great and helped with everything. They helped with the television setup, and they offered her the help button. Any time we called them, they've been very helpful. Her room is beautiful, completely remodelled, painted, new carpet, and just ready for me to move her stuff into. She gets three meals a day. Her appetite is down, so she doesn't always eat them, but I think it's OK. It's a very clean facility, and they're just very good at getting you in touch with the services that you need.

October 02, 2020

By Kay

Holiday Hills Estates was really impressive when you first drive up and enter the building. It's very attractive and they had a nice dining room. They had balconies there. The director was very helpful, and she sent me some virtual tours and things like that. They had an exercise room, but it only had three or four pieces of equipment. They had a library, a chapel, and three meals. It wasn't right for me, but I'm sure it's great for a lot of people. Most people would be happy there. They should improve their exercise room. It's narrow, and it almost looked like a hallway. They need a bigger exercise room.

Hi Kay, thank you for taking the time to rate and review our community. While we may not have been the perfect fit for you at this time, we appreciate you sharing this feedback. Thank you

September 06, 2020

By Suzanne

They are excellent. Mom's apartment is lovely, very convenient, and all maintenance and other services (like culinary) are first quality. The management knows residents personally and cares for them sincerely, going above and beyond the contracted services very often. Always looking for new ways to serve residents.

January 23, 2020

By Quintin

Holiday Hills Estates is generally independent. What we like about them is the fact that they partnered with a local hospital up here. The hospital has an in-home health care office right there onsite. They have a pretty full schedule as far as in-house activities. A lot of them are run by residents themselves, so they keep people involved. They have a welcoming committee that gets to know the person and help them get involved with other things. Everyone seems professional and polite. They seem to care about what they are doing. I talked to some of the people there, they give the food a pretty high rating.

Thank you for the wonderful 5-star review, Quintin!

August 02, 2019

By Steph

My mother is doing great at Holiday Hills Estates. She's helping with entertainment, playing the piano, and she's very excited about it. Her apartment is clean, and she seems very happy with the food. The staff is very nice and very helpful. There's a movie room, a shuttle that takes them places, a beauty parlor, a library, and a chapel.

August 31, 2018

By Gene

My mother has moved into Holiday Hills Estates. We are very pleased with it. On the scale of one to ten, I would put the food at an eight to nine all the time; it is just that good. The manager is extremely attentive. He helps the staff. He does a good job. They're a great staff. They seem to cover a wide of activities and lots of participations. Overall, Holiday Hills Estates is a very good place for my mother. It is a little bit dated, but they do an extraordinary job of keeping it clean, and their maintenance people are very attentive. It may not be a great deal, but it is a good deal. For what you get, I think it is a fair price.

June 12, 2018

By kcmullins99

My 91 year old mother has been living at Holiday Hills for about 6 weeks now. She loves it and, after visiting a few days, I can see why. The staff is friendly and responsive; the grounds are clean and safe; and the meals and selections are very good. Her room has lots of windows providing lots of sunshine and a balcony to enjoy the outdoors. The facility also provides ample opportunities to socialize with other tenants as much or as little as you want. My mother enjoys playing Bingo and cards with her friends, and Dancing Friday nights. Another big plus is Holiday Hills provides transportation as well as scheduled bus trips! My mom loves the bus ride through the Black Hills. We highly recommend checking out Holiday Hills before you decide; we're happy we did!

Hi there, thanks for your praise and kind comments about our team. We are very happy to hear your mother is enjoying Holiday Hills Estates. Helping older independent people live better is our goal, and we are always glad to hear when we have a positive impact on our residents. We hope to see you again soon!

February 23, 2018

By KimberlyLopez

This community truly cares about the residents that live there and they encourage family not only to visit, but to sit and have a meal with your loved one. This community gave my dad a great place to live and play.

Hi Kimberly, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! Thanks for the 5 star review!

July 17, 2017

By Peggy M.

Our visit with Holiday Hills Estates was excellent. We liked the facility, and we liked the people that we met with. The place was very independent. They had individual apartments. They served three meals a day. There were lots of interactions with the staff, and with the concierge that was in there. The head of the place was excellent. He answered all of our questions. They were very accessible.

July 11, 2016

By David832407

Holiday Hills was fine, but there wasn’t much to do and everybody just sat around. The rooms were small but OK. I saw the dining room, and it was fine, too.

May 29, 2016

By Terry275712

As far as the environment of Holiday Hills Estates, it felt very caring and comforting that they deliver high-quality care for the people who live there. They offer various events and programs and transfer the residents to and from events that interest them. They also play bingo and have various brain stimulating events. If there is something that’s currently not on their schedule, it can be added, so there’s a lot of flexibility. Their event program coordinator, who we met, is very accommodating, very caring, and understands the importance of activities for the residents.

March 28, 2016

By Deb H.

My in-laws settled on Holiday Hills Estates. When they first went for the interview to meet the coordinators, the tour was very professional. The staff is very pleasant and very helpful. They love having three meals a day and the camaraderie. It is a retirement center but also like assisted living because it has meals and housekeeping. They have an activity center and different things to do every day and a bus that takes them to town or to and from doctors' appointments. They also have birthday celebrations. They do have a lot of activities for them to participate in. There is a church that does services, a barber shop, and a beauty salon.

November 22, 2015

By Teresa115818150

I like the friendly staff at Holiday Hills. They were accommodating in providing my mother-in-law with furniture and getting things set up before we could bring her stuff over. The rooms are nice and bright, they have lots of storage space, and everything is like new. The dining room is big. THere, they go around with carts of food and give you choices of entrees and desserts. I know that they have music and Bible study on Fridays. Somebody comes and plays music, which my mother-in-law enjoys a lot.

May 17, 2015

The food is very good, and the rooms are nice. The staff is very nice. They have dancing and Bingo, and that is only thing I can name right offhand. The overall atmosphere of Holiday Hill is nice. It is homey and fine. My son is in there.

January 29, 2015

My mom is at Holiday Hills Estates. South Dakota State recommended it to us. My mom has been there for little over a year. My first impression was that it was very nice. The staff was very accommodating. My mom has a one-bedroom apartment. It was very nice. She has plenty of room, so she is fine. I've tried eating there, and the food was just fine -- not a thing wrong with it. They have activities. They have an activities director, and they have bingo and different activities for them, so it is fine. One thing that stood out to me was that it was reasonably priced and that it was nice.

Questions about Holiday Hills Estates

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Holiday Hills Estates. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Holiday Hills Estates offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Holiday Hills Estates exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Holiday Hills Estates offer to independent living residents?

If Holiday Hills Estates accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Holiday Hills Estates work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Holiday Hills Estates

Photos of Holiday Hills Estates

Services and Amenities of Holiday Hills Estates

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Hardwood, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Garage

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Holiday Hills Estates

Holiday Hills Estates is located in Rapid City, SD, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Holiday Hills Estates for a visit...and stay!

Map of Holiday Hills Estates