The Waterford at Dillon Pointe

Reviews of The Waterford at Dillon Pointe

Assisted Living Reviews for The Waterford at Dillon Pointe

August 30, 2018

By Julie

We have chosen The Waterford at Dillon Pointe for my mother because of their pricing. Also because they're very friendly and accommodating to her. My mother is enjoying it; she is meeting new people there. She also says the food is good. From the beginning, the staff members were very friendly, very reassuring, and helpful. Even the other residents are helpful.

December 13, 2017

By Tina

We visited The Waterford at Dillon Pointe. The staff was very knowledgeable of the care level that my mother would need. They were doing remodeling so they keep it current. It's beautiful. The location was easy to get to. The grounds were very well-kept. Their apartments and rooms were spacious and most of them were big in size. They had a couple that were a little small, but for the most part they were ample rooms. They have movie nights, crafts, they play Bingo, and once a week trips where they go out to town or to Wal-Mart. They provide transportation. The pricing was within my mom's range. I only got to meet the one person who was the director, and she was very knowledgeable.

April 05, 2017

By home for a dear friend

I was not impressed with the administration - caregivers did seem nice but rough looking administrators made me uncomfortable.

March 30, 2017

By Linda003547

My mother is in The Waterford at Dillon Pointe. The rooms, food, dining area, staff is great, and security are good. We considered it because of the activities, the staff ratio, the size, and the number of people. The have lots of activities all day long. It is a little bit expensive, but it is worth it.

March 28, 2017

By Frances060013

I really liked The Waterford at Dillon Pointe. The staff was really friendly, and the families were out doing things. The people that were there were friendly and happy. Everything there was perfect. I liked the one-bedroom. Waterford was very clean, and I felt very comfortable there. I felt like it was a place that I could go to the director or management for any problems. The only drawback was that there were only 30 people, and I like the idea of being in a larger group.

March 27, 2017

By D.S.560166

My mom is at The Waterford at Dillon Pointe, and she's getting some therapy and strength back. I have pros and cons about it, but Mom likes it. We had a resident sit at our lunch table the other day, and she and her family were asking Mom, "How long have you been staying there, and do you like it?" and Mom said, "Oh, they treat me like a queen." My problem is she basically has no short term memory, and she doesn't remember lunch, breakfast, and dinner. I'd say "Did you get your shower today Mom?" and she will say no, and I'm afraid that they'll say they're overworked. I wish there was a way that every couple of weeks, they could tell me that my mom refused her shower or have her hair washed all week because that's how she was in the house. But now she's in a facility that can sit her in a chair in the shower and get her cleaned up, and she needs that incontinence washed off of her every day or she's going to get infected, have bedsores, or diaper rash. They tell me she's on a one or two hour potty break, but every time I come, she soaks through her pants. I supplied them myself the bed pads that you use in the hospital with a note that says "Please put mattress protector before she lies down." It's little things like that. Also, Mom is like in a tomb when she's in her room, and her roommate has a queen-sized bed in there, so it's not easy getting around in the room since there's no space in the center like a normal companion room should have. You can't turn around in Mom's room, and she's only got a quarter of it, so I shouldn't be paying for half of it. You just want the best for your family. My mom likes the people there and kids with them. She's not really an outgoing person, but she's become one since she's been there. The administrator would hug her, and they care for their people. I would just want to see a list of what they actually do with her during the day.

November 07, 2016

By Sarah133858

The Waterford is very nice, clean, and well-kept. My dad loves it. He participates in exercise classes, goes to church, and likes to go to Wal-Mart trip once a week; that’s something he looks forward to. He settled in well amd very happy, and he seems to enjoy the place. They encouraged him to participate -- which is a good thing. The dining area is very nice. We got him a computer, and they do have WiFi access for him; he enjoys that too.

October 20, 2016

By Tiffany305347

The Waterford at Dillon Pointe it was nice. At first I was kind of impressed that it was small, but for the expense, we were comparing the semi-private rooms, and it was just tight quarters to live in a semi-private room with a roommate. They have a problem with their memory care unit, and it's kind of unbecoming. It was all 1-story. The dining room, the menu, and everything would have been great.

July 31, 2016

By Nancy887505

My experience with The Waterford at Dillon Pointe was excellent. It’s very clean and very inviting. The rooms were small but sufficient. The staff was very helpful and informative. The price was more than the one we had seen previously, but it was still comparable with the other assisted living that we have looked at. The location was fine, except it just wasn’t close to our home. We would have wanted something a little bit closer to where my husband and I live. I think they have carpets in the residential rooms, and I would like to see them either go with tiles or hardwood other than carpet because it stains too easy.

July 10, 2016

By Freda801653

The Waterford was a nice, small community. The room was big enough for one person to live in comfortably. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I think that their price is comparable to other assisted living places.

June 28, 2016

By Rose188000

The Waterford at Dillon Pointe was wonderful. The staff seemed very upbeat and caring. The place was airy and had a good vibe about it and a good atmosphere. They seemed like they kept people entertained with things going on and things to do. I was at a thank you dinner they had and talked to the lady in charge of the mental care facility, and they seemed to have a good program there. The people were kept very neat and very clean. Everyone looked well-groomed and well taken care of. I just think they had done a really good job.

June 10, 2016

By Cecilia814483

I loved The Waterford at Dillon Pointe. I thought it was a really nice community. All of the residents loved the place. I was really impressed with the director, and all of the staff were really nice. I had lunch there and really liked it. I thought about touring other places but I would like to see my mom go here. Patrick helped me and told me what needed to get done as far as getting Mom prepared for assisted living. The rooms were very nice and spacious. I toured the entire facility, and I talked to almost all of the residents, and their families were extremely happy about the place. The facility was very nice and something that I think my mom would like to be in. I was really happy with it.

January 11, 2016

By shelayne864

My mother has been a resident in the memory care unit of this facility for over two years. Unfortunately, she will need to be moved to a facility with skilled nursing care. We have developed relationships with the staff there, and it is very evident that they care about my mother. Since it is small, it feels much more like a family setting than an institution. We will be very sad to leave.

June 29, 2015

By Cheryl110026250

The room was smaller, but it was clean. The people at Waterford were very friendly. The only thing I could suggest that they improve on is maybe the size of the rooms.

June 07, 2015

My aunt stayed at Dillon Pointe. They were very kind, very caring, and very professional. They had menus where she could select from, and she had two or three choices for each meal. In the memory ward where she was, they had a small dining area where she would go and sit with other ladies and eat. The food looked good. She was only there for two weeks. They had bingo, and people came in and play other games with them. They would actually take some of the residents who were able to go out. They would take them shopping. She went out one day to a craft store, and she enjoyed that. I knew she made a necklace one day, and they painted her fingernails. They just gave her a lot of good attention. I couldn't tell you anything that they needed to improve on because they were 5+.

November 26, 2013

By Scott8

We checked Dillon Pointe across the street and it was very nice. It's a little bit more expensive but all the person got was a bedroom and a bathroom. It wasn't an apartment, it was more just a bedroom. It's a smaller, newer and beautiful facility. They only have 30 people in assisted living. The staff was very nice. We had no reservations from the standpoint of the staff or the facility. We received a tour. It had a nice lunch area, activity room and they have a variety of things going on. It was a very appealing environment. The problem I had with it was that it appeared more nursing-home-like environment. It wasn't a nursing home, it was assisted living but the environment lent itself to an appearance of more of a nursing home.

Memory Care Reviews for The Waterford at Dillon Pointe

Questions about The Waterford at Dillon Pointe

What programs or activities does The Waterford at Dillon Pointe offer to enrich residents' well-being?

In house activities such as Bingo, exercise, word games, crafts, singing and dancing with music and entertainers, and outings to restaurants, shopping establishments and other exciting community events.

What places are near The Waterford at Dillon Pointe or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

The Waterford at Dillon Pointe is less than a mile from Spartanburg Regional Hospital Mary Black campus. We are conveniently located close to Main Street and Downtown Spartanburg. There is a Family Dollar within walking distance.

What transportation services does The Waterford at Dillon Pointe offer to assisted living residents?

We offer transportation to doctors appointments, grocery stores, and several other locations.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Waterford at Dillon Pointe exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our chefs at Dillon Pointe prepare our menu items with a southern flare. We offer a main dish with each meal as well as an All Day, Every Day menu with alternates to choose from.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Dillon Pointe offer to assisted living residents?

Our residents are all offered an alert pendant that they can keep on them throughout the day and night to ask for assistance from our care team at any hour. Our Memory Care unit is secured with keypad entry and exit.

How does The Waterford at Dillon Pointe keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

A newsletter is sent out to families each month to update everyone on our upcoming events and to review our prior month activities. We also have a Facebook page where we post periodic updates about the goings on in the community with pictures of our residents having a fantastic time!

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Waterford at Dillon Pointe during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our ratio is consistent with the State of South Carolina's DHEC ratio; at minimum 1 staff member for every 8 residents during peak hours, and at minimum 1 staff member to every 30 minutes during non-peak hours.

If The Waterford at Dillon Pointe accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We allow small dogs or cats in our Assisted Living unit if appropriate for the resident. We have a paved walking area around the outside of the community that residents may utilize to walk their pets.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Care staff receives training upon hire, annually, and periodically throughout the year at monthly mandatory in-service trainings.

What safety features or security measures does The Waterford at Dillon Pointe provide to protect residents who wander?

The Waterford at Dillon Pointe has a secured memory care unit, consisting of one main access door which utilizes a keypad. Each exit door is equipped with alarms to notify staff if the doors are opened. All doors are tied into the community's pendant alert system and fire system as well.

Photos of The Waterford at Dillon Pointe

Services and Amenities of The Waterford at Dillon Pointe

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: CRC-0893

About The Waterford at Dillon Pointe

Live in the hub of local activity while enjoying the intimacy of The Waterford at Dillon Pointe. Our Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Spartanburg, SC, offers personalized services and thoughtful amenities that generate excitement and pride among residents and their guests. The caring and professional staff at The Waterford is available 24 hours a day to provide a helping hand with the activities of daily living while at the same time allowing residents to remain as self-reliant as possible in an environment that fosters support. Our spacious apartments offer thoughtfully designed floor plans that are handicapped accessible and boast ample safety features for the ultimate peace of mind for residents and their loved ones. A full calendar of activities and social programs are available so residents can live a rewarding, enriching lifestyle without the worries of cooking, cleaning and maintenance. The Spartanburg Assisted Living and Memory Care community puts residents in the heart of premier shopping, dining and entertainment venues in The Upstate when they choose to get out and explore the city. Courtesy transportation is always available to medical appointments at any number of facilities in the surrounding area.

Map of The Waterford at Dillon Pointe