River Oaks Assisted Living

Reviews of River Oaks Assisted Living

Assisted Living Reviews for River Oaks Assisted Living

May 11, 2016

By Happy Daughter 1

The new management team is above and beyond the most caring, dedicated people I have come across. I brought my Mom from another local facility in November and she was barely feeding herself. With their expert care and programs she eats on her own, can put on her own shoes and enjoys activities AND LIFE again. I highly recommend this community and I HIGHLY recommend the new management led by Lara an exceptional Administrator. She listens and follows up and truly cares about the residents, staff and families.

April 09, 2013

By Darlene7

I would go and have lunch on Saturdays with my friend at River Oaks Residential Care. They would accommodate me with something different if it wasn't something that I could eat. I did like the food. The place is always clean and they do have activities for the residents. However, they need to monitor their weekend and evening staff. That's all I would suggest. One weekend, I went out and read to my friend, and the staff just sat around watching TV. The nightshift is not as nearly as good, too. When you put a patient in bed it doesn't mean the patient will not have a need.

November 28, 2012

By 3mustang

Wonderful facility. Staff is the most caring and helpful I met. Toured several facilities in Beaufort area and liked this the best. It is not your "high class" with tennis and all the extras. Has a very homey and loving feeling. Like you are one of the family. There is a Doctor associated with facility so no need to have to go out to see them. Meals are good and several options offered at each one. Activities throughout the week, including monthly "celebration" of birthdays. Beautician comes to facility weekly. My dad, whom had Alzheimers, moved there from the local rehab facility. They do all they can if patient ends up in hospital to get them back to "normal" as soon as possible. Rooms are nice sized and can be decorated by patient. I believe there are 2 different options available. Nurse on duty and option of daily one on one time at an added cost. Very conveniently located in Beaufort area and reasonably priced. Two things that helped us make our final decision. We have a senior dog that my dad was very close with and as long as they had up to date vet records the dog was allowed to visit, which he loved and so did other patients. They are also associated with hospice so if it becomes necessary patient does not have to move to nursing home they can stay there and pass in what has become familiar surroundings. My dad did pass in this facility and everyone was wonderful with the whole situation. I would high recommend

Costs for River Oaks Assisted Living

Photos of River Oaks Assisted Living

Services and Amenities of River Oaks Assisted Living

• State Licenses: CRC 0733

About River Oaks Assisted Living

Welcome to River Oaks Senior Living, a Royal Senior Care Management community. Located in the gorgeous settings of the lowlands of South Carolina in Beaufort County, this unique location offers residents easy access to the coast line, saltwater marshes and the woodlands. Our gorgeous site presents views of greenery from surrounding locations and is minutes away from the wonders of the barrier islands.

There is a warmth and familiarity that is irresistible at River Oaks, from the inviting front porch entrance to the elegant living and family rooms, to the dining room where the residents are served a variety of entree favorites. Every day you will be delighted with our environments with various floorplans available. Residents can choose from spacious studios and one or two bedroom apartments.

What we focus on:

• Resident care that concentrates on individual needs
  • Wellness focused living and an active lifestyle
  • Engaging the mind
  • Nurturing the spirit
  • There's nothing better than having the little necessities of life tended to by our skillful and considerate staff, one can relax and enjoy the safety and stress-free life at River Oaks.

River Oaks provides the services, comfort, and reassurance of a warm, home-like environment that allows our residents to enjoy an active, happy life in comfortable and secure surroundings. We offer emotional support, peer and staff encouragement and personalized programs to enhance the quality of life!

Map of River Oaks Assisted Living