Eagle Crest

Reviews of Eagle Crest

Independent Living Reviews for Eagle Crest

February 15, 2021

By Roy

Eagle Crest would be my favorite. I've been there several times. My brother was there for two years, and my last visit was about a year ago. They had good and friendly staff. The food was really good as well. The apartments were excellent. It's nice, and it's like a Hilton Hotel really. There's a nice big pool table. It was just very convenient to all the stores around town.

October 10, 2020

By Sheryl

I went to Eagle Crest. It was very nice, but I don't know; it might be a little out of my price range. It was fantastic, the young lady was very nice. I've seen a studio apartment, and it's very lovely. The dining area was very nice.

September 30, 2019

By joannede

Me and my husband have enjoyed living at Eagle Crest for a few years. I am very active in a lot of activities and also volunteer. My husband on the other hand doesn't participate in many activities but he does enjoy volunteering. I like that Eagle Crest allows us the flexibility to enjoy each other and also separate lives. The food is good it's not made from scratch but they offer a great variety.

June 15, 2019

By Thomas

My mom has been a resident of Eagle Crest since February 2018. Their facility is very nice. My mother's room is also very nice. The food is not great, but it's good. They have a big dining hall, exercise area, activity area, movie room, billiards room, and a salon. They take the residents to doctor's appointments. The staff is very good but they have never come to me to say that my mom is beyond what we provide and they should have at some point said that. Unfortunately, our nurse that we pay for, and their housekeeper, are the ones who told us that, but the people who managed the place could have told me that this is getting beyond what they have. It was a little disappointing that the leadership hasn't said, "You need to be thinking about something different." Our nurse even told us that she hasn't seen someone deteriorate as fast as my mom has. I thought the value was good and it's the best bang for the buck if you're mentally capable of being there.

January 17, 2019

By Bob

Eagle Crest wasn't exactly as I thought. It's a residence for people who just don't want to own a home. I thought it was assisted living, but it's independent living. It's a place without the responsibilities of home ownership, and everyone is basically on their own. They have the camaraderie of the residents which is nice, and they have food prepared for them, which is also nice. I got the impression from the people moving through the place, and from talking to the management, that it's a place where people want to participate and intermingle with other folks. The staff member who gave us the tour was very good. She was forthright in telling me things that I needed to know, and helped me form an opinion. I was invited for a meal there, but I declined politely.

July 31, 2018

By Doucillia

I like the setup and atmosphere of Eagle Crest, and the people seem to be pretty nice. The staff was very cordial and nice as well. There was a selection for lumch every day that was well prepared, and they also had nice snack bars open all day. The person who gave me the tour was very understanding and explained everything. I was there when it opened around 10 years ago, and it almost looks like it did now.

February 19, 2018

By Bill

Eagle Crest was very nice. We were very pleased with what we saw. The people were very helpful. They showed us all the facilities and examples of some of their rooms that we would be using. It was a good visit. The rooms were good. Several of them had very good outside views, which was a good, attractive feature. Also, there was enough space in the room for most of the things that we would need there. The dining room looked very nice and very spacious. The staff member who was with me during the tour did an outstanding job. She was very friendly, very communicative, and very helpful. She answered all of our questions.

July 08, 2017

By MsSouthernbelle

The management can be quite rude and does not address the concerns of the residents especially when it comes to the food served. There have been numerous meetings with residents voicing their complaints but the quality of the food has not changed There is a cook, not a chef, the food is processed , not made from scratch, with little concern for nutrition , especially for diabetics

April 20, 2017

By Rick877135

Our tour of Eagle Crest was very thorough. It didn’t have fine dining, but it was adequate. The staff was very outgoing. It had a library and a lot of activities, like games and card games.

Hi Rick, thank you so much for the kind words. We are so happy you enjoyed your experience at Eagle Crest! We strive to provide top quality service to every guest and resident. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you. Thank you!

November 01, 2016

By Helen346820

When I saw Eagle Crest, I liked it, and I am here now. The price was right; it's a nice and clean place. They have activities, they served meals, and they have transportation. The staff is OK, and the food is excellent. They have restaurant with quality food, and you have choices.

September 13, 2016

By Linda528421

Eagle Crest was very nice. We saw the living area and the two-bedrooms. The kitchen was very small but certainly adequate because the meals were provided, so I don’t think I’d be cooking much. It’s just such a shock when you’re coming out of a house because of the storage, so we would definitely make quite an adjustment for that. They had a library, a place where you can socialize or games or crafts, and I know they had more than that. They had a wonderful area outside, park-like, in the back. The staff that we met was very nice, very knowledgeable, and could answer any questions we had. Talked to some of the residents, and they seemed to be quite happy. We did notice that they allowed pets; one lady had a dog with her, which we would be interested in.

August 16, 2016

By Heather213458

My mom is in Eagle Crest right now. I was able to eat there once. It was not amazing, but it was good food with good variety. They have good-sized, clean, and updated rooms. My mom has a one-bedroom with a living room and a small kitchen. They have a lot of activities.

April 15, 2016

By Beth121648950

I went to a couple of places for my mother, one of them being Eagle Crest. My first impression was awesome. A gentleman met me right away at the door. I liked that it was clean and that I could smell that it was clean. They were having dinner where residents were served by servers. Everyone had a smile on their face. It was a great place. For activities, they had a bus to take them to Wal-Mart twice a week and to other shops. The ladies had knitting and crocheting class. There was a TV area for watching movies and so many other activities. My mother is a smoker, and she can smoke outside on her own balcony. The place is also pet friendly, which is good. She can have a nurse’s aide walk the dog for her every day. The doctors are on-site all of the time. I love this place.

March 31, 2016

By Denise122722550

We moved my mom into Eagle Crest yesterday. The people who work there are wonderful, I can’t say enough good things about them. For the service, the tour, the information, the prices, the generosity, the attitude, the care of the people that you could tell when you’re walking through the place, and how interactive they are with everybody, I would give them a ten. I can’t say enough about Eagle Crest. We even ate there yesterday in the dining area and it was like a four-star restaurant. The service is impeccable. They have waiters and waitresses who bring each course and you’re being served breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

August 27, 2015

By Dana20

Eagle Crest was a nice place. The staff was very thorough. They explained everything about the place. The rooms were fine. They looked like standard condos. The dining room was set-up with tables and chairs, and I thought there were four people to a table. They had a lot to offer, and they had a lot of social events. It was very friendly and very open. The people there were very knowledgeable. It seemed more like a community versus a retirement home.

June 28, 2015

I visited Eagle Crest. It was nice and well kept. The apartment was nice. It was not gigantic, but it was big enough. The meals were prepared nicely, and they served three meals a day. They had games that the residents can participate in. The food was good.

June 25, 2015

My patient has been living in Eagle Crest for two months now. During our first visit, the staff was very informative and great. We were very impressed with the community. Now, my patient is in an apartment which is very spacious. Plus, the meals are great. The dining room is set up elegantly. They have various activities and games that are designed for an elderly clientele. They also have pole tables, card games, and outings. They have a gym for physical therapy. Indeed, they have a lot to offer. Overall, our experience in Eagle Crest had a very pleasing result.

May 26, 2015

By Deborah105645550

Eagle Crest was my mother's first choice because it had a living room area with a little dining area and a separate bedroom. You could even have a little balcony or a little patio. But it was a retirement home, so if you needed medical assistance or whatever, you contract that with an outside agency. They were having a Bingo game, they do exercises, and you could either watch or you could sit and participate. They had a couple of guests there, and they said, "If you have to be away from home, this is the place to be." Their dining room was gorgeous.

May 24, 2015

By Heather17

Eagle Crest was very nice, and the people were very friendly. It was a clean community. The options were great. The only thing they were missing was elevated levels of care, and the price was a little bit steep, but everything else was good. The staff were very friendly and felt kind of family. They immediately created that bond and comfort. I was very impressed with them.

April 13, 2015

By Azia1975

Wonderful facility. The residents were finishing up lunch and seemed to enjoy their meals. They then proceeded to enjoy some entrainment in the atrium. Helen, my tour guide, was very helpful. She answered all my questions. I'm more than likely not going to be able to get my Mom in there, due to the level of care she needs (I am sad about that), however, Helen still insisted that I call her with any questions I may have in my attempt to place my Mom. The units we toured were lovely. Ample space and amenities. Easy access to laundry services and common areas. The decor was lovely. If your family member(s) is able to live independently, I highly recommend this facility

April 05, 2015

Eagle Crest is very nice. They have good food. The facility itself is very nice and very homey. The staff is friendly. My father-in-law has been there for two and a half months now. Overall, they seem to be very caring.

November 14, 2014

I liked Eagle Crest very much. I did take two meals there, and they were very good. The room style was probably one of the best things about it. There's certainly adequate space with the furnishing and what not that I have. They have plenty of activities for the residents like Tigo and bowling tournaments for one night on the television, and they also have outside activities like going to the beach and going shopping -- those kinds of things. The staff was very cordial and very knowledgeable. There was very small kitchen space though, and they offered two meals a day; the third one you had to get on your own. But I am a cook, and I like cooking my own meals.

July 19, 2014

By Beth21

Eagle Crest was very attractive. They had lots of activities. The food was delicious. They had efficiencies, one-bedrooms, and two-bedrooms. They seemed fairly attractive. The people there were very friendly. Everybody was very active and friendly. I was very impressed with this place. I would definitely recommend them to others. It was light and bright with very open space. It was very clean. They had big activity rooms, and they had very delicious meals.

May 30, 2014

The rooms at Eagle Crest were beautiful. I looked at the larger two-bedroom units, and they were spacious and bright. It would have been a beautiful place for my parents. The amenities were plentiful. There were all kinds of activities, and there were a lot of things for them. They have transportation to take them to various places around town, to doctor's appointments, shopping, and entertainment, but it was too much money for my parents. They would have been very happy.

May 20, 2014

By Lisa85621250

Eagle Crest is wonderful and very nice. The rooms are very nice. It's spacious for the price. The food was very good. They have all kinds of activities, like exercises, bingo, and shopping. The manager is very nice. The place is very clean, and it's in a good location, too. Mom's very happy there. She used to live in a townhouse where she didn't have much to do or people to be in contact with, but now she does.

May 12, 2014

By Linda62360050

Eagle Crest looked like a high-rise hotel. They have connecting rooms that they made into one room. One room was a living room with a kitchenette, and the next room was the bedroom, it was ugly. The staff though that showed us around was lovely. They should make the rooms more like a home. They have a treadmill on the floor, they didn’t have their own pool, and they really didn’t have much of anything.

March 27, 2014

By John81843650

The rooms in Eagle Crest were smaller but the location was more convenient for any place that you wanted to go in Myrtle Beach. I had a feeling it was like a hotel. There was an open layout on the first floor, and the surrounding property was nice. They had more people, and the staff was fine. I knew they had a lot of activities, but there were no activities when I was there.

December 30, 2013

By Caring82038450

Eagle Crest was well maintained. They had a superb chef. I would be celebrating my Christmas holiday there. However, they were costly.

December 29, 2013

Eagle Crest was fantastic! When we went there, they treated my mother with utmost kindest and respect. They also had us sampled their meal so that she had an opportunity to see what the food was like. If Mom wanted to stay in South Carolina, she's going to be moving in there. They basically had everything except assisted living. So if Mother needed more help and we couldn't provide it for her, we would have to contract people to come in to do physical therapy and so forth. Nevertheless, I would still highly recommend them to others.

October 13, 2013

I like best the friendly staff and the attitude of the residents in Eagle Crest. They even have management staff that lives in the premises. They invited me for lunch and the food was delicious. It was very good! As a whole, I only have positive things to say about this facility. Their rooms were lovely and of comfortable size. They have one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments and they were laid out very nicely.

May 12, 2013

By Dennis4

Eagle Crest was clean and its staff was very friendly and outgoing. The food was very good. They just had too many activities going on.

May 11, 2013

By Michelle18

I had lunch with the lady from Eagle Crest. We talked and she was very, very nice. If I get a chance, I would like to recover there. after my surgery. The facility seemed really, really well-kept. Everybody was very caring, considerate, polite, smiling, and friendly. I would definitely recommend this facility.

Questions about Eagle Crest

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Eagle Crest. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Eagle Crest offer to independent living residents?

Our residents can take advantage of the complimentary transportation to help them get around town. The scheduled shuttle can take residents to stores, doctor appointments, dining, or group outings

What makes the chef or dining program at Eagle Crest exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Eagle Crest offer to independent living residents?

If Eagle Crest accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Eagle Crest work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Eagle Crest

Photos of Eagle Crest

Services and Amenities of Eagle Crest

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Basic Cable, Electric, Sewer, Water

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Eagle Crest

Eagle Crest is located in Myrtle Beach, SC, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Eagle Crest for a visit...and stay!

Map of Eagle Crest