Brightwater

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

101 Brightwater Dr., Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
Brightwater (843) 903-8300

Reviews of Brightwater

Assisted Living Reviews for Brightwater

May 22, 2017

By debbie172720

My mom has two aides and two nurses every time she rings the bell at Brightwater. She’s kept quite comfortable and has her confidence back. They constantly have bingo, movies, a swimming pool, and all kinds of stuff to keep her busy. There's a lot of entertainment to keep the patients who live there young. They have five doctors on staff and three PAs. The doctor is a geriatric doctor who comes over whenever there’s a call. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I pulled the button off of the wall and three nurses came running. I have never seen anybody move as fast. I’m very impressed.

Hi debbie172720 – Thank you very much for leaving a 5-Star Rating for our community! We are glad to hear that your mom has had such a wonderful experience. We pride ourselves on putting our members first and providing exceptional dining, wellness classes and social activities. Thank You!

May 10, 2017

By Stella823737

Brightwater was simply gorgeous but out of my price range. I loved everything. They served thee meals and did not charge extra for snacks. They had transportation. The staff was wonderful and very pleasant. They showed us around, explained everything, and answered our questions very nicely. They offered assisted and independent living. They had two pools, a rehabilitation room, and a salon.

Hi Stella823737 – Thank you very much for leaving a 5-Star Rating for our community, Brightwater! We are glad to hear that you love the amenities, dining options, full-continuum of care, amenities and enjoyed meeting with a Lifestyle Advisor at Brightwater. The goal of our Lifestyle Advisors is to assist you in discovering what your path in retirement looks like in a stress free environment. We like to focus on you and the important questions that you may have in this process. We appreciate you visiting and are happy to answer any additional questions that you may have!

November 19, 2015

By DC123

One of the reasons why we chose Brightwater for my mother is that it's very close to our house, and they offer nice amenities and activities. They have complete care from independent to skilled nursing and memory unit. The staff is good. They have more activities than what my mother particularly needs.

Thank you very much for the nice review on Brightwater. Your Mother's care and happiness is our #1 concern. Our Social Director, Wendy, works incredibly hard to provide activities to keep our members mentally and physically healthy.Our Wellness Programs inspire our Members to have fun and be more active, making it easier to perform daily activities, improve their health and lower the risk for disease and disability. Feel free to call us at 843.903.8300 if you have any questions or comments.

November 07, 2015

By O'Connell

Their meal was delicious. The presentation from staff members was professional, cordial, personal, and informative. The video had a good overview and appropriate length. Other than questions and answers, financial information should be clarified.

Thank you very much for your nice comments and the 5 Star rating about your visit to Brightwater. We are so glad you enjoyed your meal. Our Executive Chef and his entire staff strive for an excellent dining experience. We are also glad you found the presentation and overview helpful. Feel free to call our Lifestyle Advisors at 843.903.8300 for any questions you may have about financial information.

November 07, 2015

By Howard & Shirley Thompson

They're very informative and give a lot to think about.

Thank you very much for the review and visiting Brightwater. We hope to see you again soon. Feel free to call our Lifestyle Advisors if you have any questions or need further information at 843.903.8300.

October 31, 2015

At Brightwater, the food was excellent. They're very welcoming. They invited us to visit and bring family to show you all the different facilities they have, e.g., one-bedroom, two-bedroom, three-bedroom, house or apartment. They have pool and exercise classes. They have just about everything or anything you want to do. They have memory care, assisted living, independent living, and physical therapy. Their 24-hour care is available if someone would faint or something like that.

By Kathleen115416550

Brightwater was newer. The staff, food, and presentation was great, and the property was beautiful. It was a little expensive.

Thank you for your response. We are glad you had a nice visit. Our Staff works hard to make sure that Brightwater remains Myrtle Beach's premier retirement community including the grounds, food and Wellness. Feel free to call our Lifestyle Advisors to discuss our All Inclusive pricing. Hopefully they can create a plan that is attractive to you and provide you with the lifestyle you want and deserve.Please let us know if you have any further questions or comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

October 28, 2015

By Mary113525850

Brightwaters is a wonderful place. They have different activities. I would absolutely recommend this facility.

Thank you for your response. We are glad you had a nice visit and look forward to seeing you again soon. Our Social Director certainly works diligently to make sure our Community Members are enjoying everything that Brightwater has to offer. Thank you for noticing. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon

September 30, 2015

I am consistenty impressed with how nice the staff are and how genuinely they are about the people living at Brightwater.

September 07, 2015

By Lauren15

My father-in-law is in memory care of Brightwater, and the staff is amazing and very professional -- I couldn't be happier. It is the most expensive one, but it is very clean, aesthetically beautiful, and has lots of activities going on. I'm extremely impressed -- it's worth the money.

Thank you for the nice words about the care we are providing for your Father-In Law. Our staff is fully dedicated to making sure your loved ones are "Living The Weller Life" and it is always rewarding when they receive compliments from the family. Thank you again for the comments.

May 26, 2015

By Deborah105645550

It was very nice, but I think it was more for someone who is a little younger than my mother because they seem to do a lot more, and they did have a point system for food or eating arrangements; I think that would be too much for her. Like I said, the people that live there go out a lot. My mother is 90, and she is probably more for staying in than going out to a lot of places. The staff was very informative, and they have called back a few times just to check and see what she has decided or if she has decided anything. They were very helpful, and we enjoyed the tour. It was a probably a place for me and my husband.

May 15, 2015

By Betsy L. Morgan

Thank you for providing Brightwater Senior Living facility. I am very happy living here (almost 3 years in May). Staff is very helpful and friendly. Food is delicious. Activities are educational. Buildings and grounds are lovely and well maintained.

April 30, 2015

By M. Guzzardo

There is so much about Brightwater that I like. The people are fine and there is always something to do.

April 30, 2015

By Inky Bernais

I have been happily living here. My unit is small and just right for me. The "help" is kind and helfpul. The food is good. The activities are "to my liking". Often more available than I care for. My unit is plesant and cleaned well regularly. The activities provided for us satisfy me. I take part regularly. Happy to be here. So far my attitude is positive here.

April 23, 2015

By Pauline F. Barrie

I feel very secure at Brightwater. The people are interesting, the food is delicious and there is always something to do.

April 18, 2015

By William E. Witter

Utilizing the five star rating as above; food (4), accomodation (4), entertainment (5), activities (4), parking (3). Other comments: Wendy does an outstanding job during entertainment and running the many events she runs.

April 03, 2015

By robert8396

We went to Brightwater. It was very nice. For one thing, if you go into their assisted living and, later on, you can no longer take care of yourself, they go on from there. In other words, they have doctors and nurses there. I liked that they had a swimming pool. It is not that far from the hospital in Myrtle Beach.

March 08, 2015

By A.Commerton

One thing you can say about Brightwater is that there is never a dull moment. You can go on trips to wineries, visit beautiful Brook Green Gardens, go on boat rides on nearby lakes and rivers as well as enjoy a wide variety of in house and outside entertainment. If you like to read and do crafts there are several from which you can choose. The variety of events means that there is something for all tastes. Sometimes it is just pleasant to sit outside, enjoy the beautiful surroundings, soak up the sun, and chat with your neighbors. Recently, I have become a member of the Resident Advisory Council, editor of the Brightwater newsletter, and chairman of the Book Keys book club. This involvement has allowed me to give back to the community that I love so much.

February 22, 2015

By Judie3

My friend is at Brightwater. It’s a very nice, fairly new, and clean. The place is secure and safe.

December 15, 2014

By Carol90886950

Everything looked really good at Brightwater. I like their apartments. The staff were very helpful.

We are so happy that you enjoyed your visit with us. We hope to see you again. If we can be of any more help, do not hesitate to reach out.

July 19, 2014

By Beth21

I have been at Brightwater to visit people. It is very beautiful. It may be five or six years old. It is quite new. It is light and bright and probably five times as big as the other facility I visited. Brightwater was wonderful. They had absolutely gorgeous rooms. Everything was wonderful. The food was delicious. The people did a good job. They were very efficient. I would definitely recommend them to others.

May 22, 2014

By Lisa85621250

Brightwater was very nice, but it was just too expensive. The rooms didn't have a balcony. The staff who toured us was very nice and did the best she could. They have an indoor and outdoor pool.

May 10, 2014

By Eleanor5

Brightwater is a very nice facility and very well equipped. It provided everything that everyone could possibly want, but they are a little bit more expensive than an ordinary person could afford. I wish they could lower the price a little bit.

May 10, 2014

By Sheryl7

Brightwater was beautiful; it's just that it was way higher than what we can afford price-wise. If money was no object, I would have no problem. They did have more accommodation for us. They had the pool, which would have been a plus. The staff were very nice and very friendly. They were also very accommodating. I got a very warm feeling. As far as the amenities, they have top ratings.

May 09, 2014

By Linda62360050

Brightwater was a little too expensive for what my father wanted. The rooms were gorgeous, and it had a beautiful dining room. It was definitely upscale. It looked like an exclusive hotel. They have three meals a day, but you buy your meals. I think people just don’t like the expense of it.

March 27, 2014

By Kathleen21

Brightwater is what I like the best. It's a retirement community, but they have assisted living in there and Alzheimer's. It's a perfect place, but I can't afford it. Everything about it is terrific. It's very clean. I like their rooms, their meals, their dining room and their staff. They have a ton of activities, from health to games to outings to everything. The staff is fabulous.

March 27, 2014

By John81843650

I lived in the area of Brightwater, and it was pretty easy to find. It was a little pricey, but it was nice and really attractive. It was well-done, clean, and nicely decorated. There weren't many people that I saw, but the staff was very pleasant to us. We looked at the house and the rooms, and they were both nice and a good size. We ate lunch there, and I had turkey, which was kind of bland, but they had a variety, and I'm sure some of it was kind of tasty. They told me what activities they had, but I didn't see anybody doing them.

January 27, 2014

What I liked best about Brightwater was the layout of the facility and the fact that they have very nice dining facilities there. There were two different style rooms. One is a little bit bigger than another. They're not anything wonderful and they have a refrigerator and a microwave in each room. The sanitation was okay. As far as just looking at it, it looked fairly clean and the people seemed very nice. They have an indoor spa pool for therapy, an outdoor pool, a fitness center that has got pool tables and from what I could tell, they have a lot of different activities out there. They have a miniature golf on the premises and they have a little bit of a driving range.

December 31, 2013

I had a written invitation from Brightwater and I toured the facility. I had two meals there and their chef was superb. The food was wonderful. They had a large variety of facilities. They were all well taken care of. They were very costly though.

December 25, 2013

By Linda Cantey

Other

I was at Brightwater receiving physical therapy for two weeks. The first ten days were very pleasant. Great staff! Upon arriving we were told we could leave at any time we felt like our goals had been meet. This is not a prison. However when I asked to leave after ten days I was told I would be leaving ama. I had never heard of ama. I found out that it meant against medical advise. I was told that if I left ama that medicare probably wouldn,t pay for my treatment. I felt like I was being held hostage. After three days of trying to check out,, I finally got to see Dr. Armonio and he said I was free to go. I checked out on Dec. 24. Even though I had a Drs. permission, my discharge papers said I was leaving ama. This is not true! The discharge clerk refused to fill my prescription for a walker and a wheelchair and wouldn,t let us borrow or rent one. Ridiculous behavior! I thought I was going to have to get a Presidential pardon to check out. Being admitted and the care were excellent. The staff could not have been better. However, all they need are bars and a guard and it would be a prison when you are ready to leave. I would rate the care at five. I would rate the checkout procedure at 0 ! Beth was not cooperative at all. It was a very frustrating and unbelievable experience. Were they worried about my care or Medicare?

Issue has been passed on to the Executive Director for follow up.

August 10, 2013

By caring0433

I received a phone call from my Aunt and she stated that the woman in charge of the facility,( I will not mention her name) acts very pleasant to visitors and residents but then she talks badly about them when she thinks no one is listening. It has bothered my aunt so much that she is looking for a different place to live.

We take concerns of this nature very seriously at Brightwater. While we can appreciate your desire to stay anonymous, please encourage your Aunt to contact Executive Director Jimmy Justice directly so we can be proactive in responding to any concerns she may have. Jimmy has an open door policy and will make himself available at her earliest convenience. Our number one goal is to provide a beautiful, safe and rewarding environment for our Members and we look forward to an opportunity to improve our delivery of service.

May 31, 2013

By Hanna1

Everything in Brightwater was nice and clean because it's practically new. We were toured, and they showed us their model apartments and cottages. The apartments were very nice, roomy and well located. The staff were friendly, very accommodating, and they answered questions. They also provide shuttle to take the residents to their doctor's appointment. Everything seemed to be pretty well taken care of. We had a delicious dinner. The location though is so secluded and away from everything else.

May 17, 2013

By Salvatore1

People at Caring.com told me to visit Brightwater and I just got here a couple of hours ago. The rooms are pretty good, the staff and the place are very nice.

November 27, 2012

By waltonbeach90

I felt as if the atmosphere was very pleaseant and the service provided was outstanding. The living condition were excellent as well as the food that my grandfather ate daily. there was good variety in the food as well as many activities to participate in. The only thing i would complain about is the staffs relationships with eachother. To explain the staff seemed to be hostile with each other, and had continual fits wioth eachother, basically drama. it didnt conlict with there work but was unproffesional

Thank you for your comments. Our goal at Brightwater is to hire, train and retain excellent employees who believe in our mission and who always hold themselves in a professional manner. Brightwater's Executive Director takes employee concerns very seriously. We appreciate you wanting to stay anonymous, however, our Executive Director is very willing to discuss your concerns, if you would like to speak directly. We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

June 29, 2012

By caring6221

Our visit turned out very good. It was a beautiful facility. It's well-manicured. It's very very nice. We happened to go at a time where all the residents were in one area doing some kind of an activity. They looked happy and cheerful especially the women that we had spoken to. Some of them were very personable and had to come over and see what we're doing. Their hair was just so nice. They were dressed nice. It definitely made an impression. The staff was accommodating and very welcoming. We were very well received. I like how they had the place decorated. It was a very well lit area. There was plenty of room, nothing to get in the way of the residents moving around. That day we visited they were making cookies and they had asked us if we wanted to taste it but we did not, but it smelled very, very good.

Independent Living Reviews for Brightwater

March 30, 2020

By Lorraine101

I was one of the first 5 to move in. Brightwater has provided exactly what they advertized throughout my residence here and more. I feel prtoected living at Brightwater with health, recreation, good food and support from all levels of staff.

July 15, 2019

By Bobbie

I have been living at Brightwater since April and life is wonderful, I was amazed how friendly everyone is. My daughter feels at home when she comes to visit. I was thrilled that Brightwater was pet friendly and my dogs enjoy going for walks. I stay very busy with activities & exercising. The lectures, classes and trivia are very informative, and I am even learning to play Mah Jong! Susan, Cassandra & Joan are excellent, and I really enjoy the WAVES program in the pool. The drivers are great, I was surprised that they take me wherever I need to go. Danay has such a great personality and he cares enough to check if I’m not there to go shopping. I enjoy cooking, but the food in the dining room is very good. Soups are out of the world and the desserts are phenomenal! Maintenance responds very quickly when I need help with something. I love living at Brightwater!

November 28, 2018

By Donna A.

Great activities of all sorts: games, crafts, lectures, outings... so many things that bring the members together in a daily basis! Truly impressive

July 04, 2018

By John

I live in Brightwater. It's wonderful, but they have no facilities for couples in assisted living. The food is wonderful. The place is great for independent living. They have independent, assisted living, and long-term care. I would stay here except for the assisted living facility since they have no combination for couples there.

Hi, John – Thank you for taking the time to review our community, Brightwater! We’re so happy that you’re enjoying your home at our community. We’ve passed your comment along to our leadership team, and hope you’ll consider Live Long Well Care at Brightwater, it’s an option to keep our Members together in their home. Thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate your feedback and are happy to have you as a Member of our community!

January 29, 2018

By anitajbav

This is absolutely the best place I visited before becoming a resident. In the three months that I have lived here I found the staff to be so helpful in every way possible. I already feel healthier and happier and part of wonderful group of people. Wellness and social programs are more than I expected, dining experience is great. Again, the staff is wonderful from the time you walk in the door.

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review Brightwater and award us with 5-Stars! We’re so happy that you chose our community for retirement, we’re truly dedicated to helping our Members live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our team members are always available to assist and we encourage feedback on our services to continually improve our Member experience. Thank you for choosing our community, we’re so happy you’re here!

By Barbara Z.

I toured Brightwater and I found that they are very helpful. I'm very impressed!

Thank you for the comments and we are so glad you enjoyed your tour of Brightwater. Feel free to call any of our Lifestyle Advisors at 843.903.8300 with further questions or comments about our community. We hope to see you again very soon.

By Loretta S.

My tour of Brightwater was very informative.

We are so glad you enjoyed your recent tour of Brightwater. Our Lifestyle Advisors work very hard to make sure you have all of the information and facts you need to make the best decisions to live long, live well and live independently. Feel free to call us at 843.903.8300 if you have any questions or comments. We hope to see you soon.

July 31, 2015

By Annette18

I think the way my mother is treated by all the staff in Brightwater is wonderful. She couldn't be in better hands.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Annette. Providing top quality care and services is something we strive to do every minute of every day for your mother and all of our members. We are so happy that you and your mother are enjoying your Brightwater experience.

September 08, 2014

I had a very good experience with regards to my visit at Brightwater's independent living section. It was beautiful; an excellent facility. It didn’t look like a nursing home, it looked like a country club. The staff were very nice and extremely helpful. We saw a furnished one that was a model apartment. It was absolutely lovely and I could live there myself. They also provide bus service to doctors' appointments. Their dining room is beautiful. They have a salad bar and the food was lovely.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Brightwater

Costs for Brightwater

Cost of Continuing Care Retirement Community

Photos of Brightwater

Services and Amenities of Brightwater

• Continuing Care Retirement Community Starting At: $3370/month

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites.
  • Detached Homes

• State Licenses: CRC-1489

About Brightwater

brightwater-living.com

Myrtle Beach’s Premier Continuing Care Retirement Community

Experience luxury senior living at Brightwater of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Members of our community enjoy premier accommodations, robust social programming, restaurant-style fine dining, industry-leading care services, and an award-winning wellness program. Most importantly, our community is built for our Members, and everything we do is geared toward helping them live Longer, Healthier, Happier lives. As a continuing care retirement community, or CCRC, Brightwater takes care of our Members throughout the entire journey of aging. Our living options include Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing. We also offer Short-Term Rehab Services on site. This means that unlike other communities, our Members never have to worry about moving again. They will be taken care of no matter how their needs change.

Our Senior Living Options

Independent Living: Independent Living is designed for seniors who benefit from a maintenance-free lifestyle but need little to no outside assistance. Our Independent Living community offers both cottage homes and villa apartments.

Assisted Living: Assisted Living provides Members assistance with the activities of daily living (ADLs) in an environment geared toward maximizing their independence. Our Members receive personalized care based on their individual needs and goals. Memory Care: Memory Care offers specialized support for Members with Alzheimer’s and dementia. At our community, every caregiver is a Certified Dementia Practitioner. We focus on helping our Members live a high quality of life and meet them where they’re at both physically and mentally.

Skilled Nursing: Skilled Nursing provides Members with person-centered support from a team of top-tier medical professionals. We offer around-the-clock care and monitoring, as well as uncompromising attention to Member needs, in an ele gant environment. Short-Term Rehab: Short-Term Rehab offers Members extraordinary results in physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. Our partnership with Genesis Rehab Services allows us to achieve outcomes that exceed the national average

Our dedicated team members have a proven track record for success and know the importance of establishing a lifestyle that allows members to live longer, happier, healthier lives. Our number one goal is to provide an environment that encourages an independent lifestyle for all our members.

Map of Brightwater