Sweetgrass Village

Reviews of Sweetgrass Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Sweetgrass Village

April 19, 2015

By Judi10

Just walking in Sweetgrass Village, you felt very welcome. The staff was smiling and happy. The clients were happy. I saw the menu, and it looked very good. There's always food available if you miss lunchtime. The dining room was clean with linen tablecloths. There were three or four people at the table. They play bingo on Saturdays and Sundays. They have movies on Friday night with popcorn and candy. They have three different church services during the week. They're near a local college, so they have physical therapy or nursing students come over and music groups come over. They redo each apartment right before the resident moves in, so it's freshly painted and has fresh carpet. The larger suites have kitchenette. It is a two-story building, and they have fire doors that cordon off each hallway that can maintain the fire in that one particular hallway for over eight hours. I felt very comfortable putting her there, and we're going to move her in May.

April 11, 2014

Sweetgrass Village is pleasant. We felt like it was fine to put my father-in-law there. They offered to take him to a respite care program that he attends, and it just made sense. They offer a lot of activities. He does not enjoy the food, but I don't know that he would enjoy it anywhere. It's a small apartment, it's one room with a bathroom. The people were very nice. They were able to say they can manage his alcohol or abstinence from it.

March 29, 2014

Sweetgrass Village was geared more for people who really needed more care. They gave me a calendar, and it looked like they have plenty of activities. They have groups that come in, different community activities, and special occasion activities. It looked like they had enough activity. I didn’t really take a tour too much, but it didn’t look as homey as the other facility I have visited. It seemed like the people there were nice, and the staff was friendly.

November 28, 2013

By Rick13

Actually my sister found Sweetgrass Village for our mom. When I visit my mom there, I didn't see any negative and it seems to be a pleasant and nice facility. The facility itself is clean and seems updated. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They seem to take a lot of care of their residents. My mom is not doing a whole lot of activities there and she has been staying in her room a lot of times, but because of her Alzheimer's, it is hard to say where she would be happy. Nevertheless, I would recommend this place.

Photos of Sweetgrass Village

• Renal
  • Vegetarian

• Spanish

About Sweetgrass Village

Sweetgrass Village offers compassionate senior care in Mt. Pleasant, SC. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Sweetgrass Village shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Mt. Pleasant, SC.

Map of Sweetgrass Village